But those days are gone and with the blood pressure medication, blood thinners and Chemo. I always thought it was a "safe" type of glue, and I remember using it a ton as a kid making models, model railroading and such. Since a blood clotting dressing wasnt permitted, she applied a Fast Healing strip bandage. With over 1,900 locations, Dignity Memorial providers proudly serve over 375,000 families a year. However, it took many coats, applied a little at a time at very high speed. I've also had the task of Safety Manager at a few organizations. But the lathe along with a drill does make it easier on the elbows. When I get even the slightest nick or cut, I bleed like a pig stuck in the barbed wire. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case. . Looks exactly as "advertised" by those who advocate it, that glass-like reflection, although it still shows the wood and the wood grain just fine, which I like. If the Osmo coat was too thick, I might briefly rub it down with steel wool before buffing. We use cookies to personalize & enhance your experience. * The other websites referenced on this site are owned and operated by their respective companies, and the associated trademarks and logos are the property of those companies. AKA Cap'n Eddie Castelin Home Base Sharing Information We are closing up shop, we have a limited size and type of cutters available. He is so skilled and entertaining. 2017-2023 Tribute Archive. When it comes to wood turning and woodturners, Captain Eddie was one of the first characters that I learned from online. His youtube videos are well done and some of the only ones I can stand sitting through. Michael: I followed your Osmo experiment with interest. Ive always been a fan of a little paper towel and a strip of Duct Tape. Eddie was married to Marti Bartholmey of League City for 33 years before her untimely death. Cap'n Eddie is always available by phone for assistance, or to just chat. Eddie Castelin is 73 years old today because Eddie's birthday is on 10/06/1949. Both require multiple coats, sometimes as many as ten, with wet sanding after 4 or so coats. JavaScript is disabled. Workshop Injuries by Cap'n Eddie Castelin; Wig Stand for Cancer Support By Kade Bolger; What's My Volume; What Volume Urn Do I Need; Using Parfix 3408 as a Finish With Ronnie Bonnette; Turning Finials with Matt Harber; Tom Mumper's Homemade Golf Tee Sanding Discs; Spiraling on A Goblet by Matt Harber; Seam Ripper/Turner by Dick Stohr It may not display this or other websites correctly. Send flowers or a gift to a service or family's home. Both the Square and Radiused Square to fit a 3/8" bar. Welcome new registering member. It was already viewed how is Capt. My wife does FB so I get to look in through her account. A bandage like Ive never seen before, not just a covering, a helpful covering. States he is going out of business and having a sale on remaining stock. I come from a construction background with over 40 years of site management. However I have not tried to use it at very warm temperatures. Shine Juice with Capn Eddie Wood Turning Basics, Bottles and Containers for Storing Woodturning Finishes and Glue, How To Turn a Mallet On Your Wood Lathe Wood Turning Basics, Drying Long Round Spindle Turning Blanks for Woodturning, Harbor Freight 12 x 33 Wood Lathe By Central Machinery, Oneway Wolverine Grinding Jig Accessories, Oneway Wolverine Grinding Jig And Vari Grind Attachment, Oneway Wolverine Grinding Jig Instructions. Welcome new registering member. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Tons of questions, what should I use, whats good, what works, why do I have to spend so much money .Captain Eddie set me straight on that. They will help you turn a project when all your other tools fail. I have several pieces I did 2 years ago that still shine like justice. I was skeptical at first, but it really does seem to put on the most incredible sparkly shining finish that I have yet to replicate with anything else (and, sadly, have yet to preserve over the long term, although apparently some do.). Just go to youtube and type in his name, youll find a ton of Captain Eddie Videos. I put it on in pretty thin coats, rubbed it in thouroughly. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capn-Eddie-Castelin/293127100890043?fref=nf. Want to learn how to get started on a pepper mill. I "think" I really love the stuff, at least initially, as when I first coat my turned items, especially Walnut, the shiny look is AMAZING. Larry, are you aware that this thread dates back to 2014? Now If it's not for food use I use wipe-on poly - 2 to 3 coats and done with a beautiful shine. Let others know about your loved one's death. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Personal details about Eddie include: political affiliation is currently a registered Democrat; ethnicity is Caucasian; and religious views are listed as Christian. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. It's a beautiful pen or duck call finish, but believe it or not, there are bowl turners who finish large pieces with it (hopefully with a fan and open windows, respirator, etc.). By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies. All sales are by phone only! Alsowhat is the swag time to finish a bowl now using your application technique for Osmo? Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). records, Lawsuits, Liens, Bankruptcies & sex offender status for Eddie Castelin. I was trying the OB Shine Juice for the shellac, which I assume would provide a more durable finish once it was fully cured. Call 504-715-0512 or send me an e-mail . This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. We provide, sell, carbide cutters and other accessories for the woodturning world. Jump to Latest Follow Please post in our Community Feedbac k thread for help with the new forum software! Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). Hmm.. have you tried applying the finish, and then just let it cure, and THEN polish? Here is his latest Facebook posting (January 16, 2015): Okay. Home Base. Once you get sufficient build up you'll see it start to shine significantly. Sign up for service and obituary updates. I learned my thought was wrong - its just wood. I've always been a fan of a little paper towel and a strip of Duct Tape. Edward Castelin - Ancestry.com All Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries results for Edward Castelin 1-20 of 675 Browse by collection To get better results, add more information such as Birth Info, Death Info and Location even a guess will help. "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. He was born on March 25, 1940 in Berkley Michigan to the late Edward and Elvera (Johnson) Sharpe. Captain Edward (Eddie) Bartholmey, age 71, passed away at his home in League City, on May 1, 2021. You are using an out of date browser. I used to watch Cap'n Eddie Castelin on a pretty regular basis - I have been out of touch for a while (keeping up on my NCWW interaction I guess?). Who's Searching for You, Look Your Best to People Searching for You. Before moving to Eddie's current city of Jefferson, LA, Eddie lived in New Orleans LA and Kenner LA. To sign online guestbook, visit www.cremationsocietymidmi.com Arrangements with Cremation Society of Mid Michigan. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Posted on11/12/202018/07/2021AuthorTurner 70. Thanks for the reply. See Sarah Castelin passed away in Metairie, Louisiana. But you wont have to change them so often because they are that good. Michael: I followed your Osmo experiment with interest. Edward was born April 10, 1962. Ive also had the task of Safety Manager at a few organizations. They are very easy to sharpen and I think they might be one of the best investments a new wood turner can make! Cap'n Eddie is always available by phone for assistance, or to just chat. You must log in or register to reply here. So, O.B. Hmerkle Board of Directors, Development Director. S Shawn Pachlhofer Joined When it comes to wood turning and woodturners, Captain Eddie was one of the first characters that I learned from online. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website. Him and Robo Hippie Who got me over feeling guilty because I found scrapers to be great for hollowing out bowls. I had ~25 years experience at wood finishing, but thought turning must have special needs. Check all background information that MyLife has gathered. Edit your search or learn more U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1970 Recommend Edward's obituary to your friends. Fixtures and Chucks for Woodturning: Everything You Need to Know to Secure Wood on Your Lathe (Fox Chapel Publishing) Advice, How-Tos, and Wood-Gripping Projects for Both Beginners & Advanced Turners, on WoodTurner Eddie Castelin Turns a Pepper Mill with Wood Lathe, WoodTurner Eddie Castelin Turns a Pepper Mill with Wood Lathe, Make Your Own Plastic or Acrylic Face Shield, Drilling Down the Center of Your Woodturning Project, Custom Woodturned Anniversary Ash Flower Vase, Al Furtado the Rebel Woodturner Turns a Piece of Maple, How to Turn A Wood Vase For Fall Flowers Wood Turning Basics, Make Your Own Wood Finish O.B. The obituary was featured in Legacy on November 5, 2000. Your entry has exceeded the maximum character limit. check this out! https://www.aawforum.org/community/media/users/gerald-lawrence.20956/. Although, the finish he gets seems to be more of a satin, than a glossregardless, his bowls that were finished with it are incredible. I have become better turner due to his demos. Kevin. Before moving to Eddie's current city of Jefferson, LA, Eddie lived in New Orleans LA and Kenner LA. he's from the Bayou Turners. I got sick of the last 10 years, cant do the things I did before. Eddie Castilin Harry Robinette Oct 12, 2014 Harry Robinette Joined Sep 10, 2010 Messages 148 Likes 0 Location Stow,Ohio Oct 12, 2014 #1 Anyone heard how he's doing he had a brain tumor and his heart was doing things that the doctor's didn't know what to do. I used my first wood lathe around 45 years ago in high school, I know. Eddie Castelin is 73 years old today because Eddie's birthday is on 10/06/1949. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.thegreenfuneralhome.com for the Asselin family. After wet sanding with walnut oil, I let the piece sit for at least 2 weeks, since I find WO to cure rather slowly. This is it! 1977 (20 Feb 1977) Bordeaux, Gironde, 20 oct. 1977 (20 Oct 1977) Bordeaux, Gironde, France, U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1970, U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014, U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010, Calvados, France Births, Marriages and Deaths, 1697-1912, U.S., Newspapers.com Obituary Index, 1800s-current, Canada, Find a Grave Index, 1600s-Current, U.S., Cemetery and Funeral Home Collection, 1847-Current, Indiana, U.S., Death Certificates, 1899-2017, Federal District, Mexico, Civil Registration Deaths, 1861-1987, Jalisco, Mexico, Catholic Church Records, 1590-1995, Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1968, Massachusetts, U.S., Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, Do not sell or share my personal information. thats a long time ago. government sources. Just go to youtube and type in his name, you'll find a ton of Captain Eddie Videos. Followed by Beall buffing. eddie castelin obituary. I'm 100% absolutely positive today that it is indeed the CA, mostly the fumes, but the dust can irritate too. YeahI was surprised when I finally figured out it was the CA. 5-7 coats makes a beautiful, durable shine, and it just gets more glossy the more you do. See Funeral Home Services for Sarah are being provided by Tharp-Sontheimer-Tharp Funeral Home. When I first started turning his videoa were my mentor. Start with a 1# or maybe a 2# cut and the build will take several applications. This profile was gathered from multiple public and My question would be, how much sanding are you doing, to what grit? Cap'n Eddie Castelin @capneddie 43.5K subscribers Subscribe http://eddiecastelin.com Home Videos Live Playlists Community Channels About Popular videos Play all 10:37 two dollar sharpening. This third-party data is then indexed through methods similar to those used by Google or Bing to create a listing. Journals Projects Workshops Reviews 1 - 19 of 19 Posts . I suppose it is possible to speed this whole thing up but I never felt the need. This is it! Both the Square and Radiused Square to fit a 3/8" bar. He is survived by Elaine "Ellie", his wife of 25 years; 2 sons, Eddie Sharpe and Jeff (Jan) Sharpe; 2 step-daughters, Stephanie (Michael) Fulgenzi and Nina Caruso (Michael Lopez); 4 grandsons; 8 granddaughters; 1great grandson;2 brothers, Ken Johnson and Michael Switzer. You may need several more coats, waiting a day between coats, before the end grain stops absorbing finish. Lately I have fallen in love with Osmo Polyx for a high gloss finish. Eddie has a reported annual income of $100 - 149,999 and a current net worth value of greater than $100,000 - $249,999. Went to his web site. I signed up as I've been having a heck of a time with O.B. Isn't it support to be low or no odor? JavaScript is disabled. Shine (a.ka. you can get updates on this Facebook page: That's a shame, I hope he is able to make a full recovery. I wanted to start a site to share my learning experience. I believe it is cancer, from what other Youtubers have said. I find that if I keep the coats whisper thin and even them out gently with the wet rag on the lathe, I can build up even coats quickly without bothering with steel wool. I only use the white diamond wheel (or even better, substitute Vonax for white diamond) since the Osmo contains wax. At the Albright Shores Eagles Club #3655, 1380 Estey Road, Beaverton, Michigan. At least his normal. Because MyLife only collects this data and does not create it, we cannot fully guarantee its accuracy. That was all it took to repair a small wound. Any info would be great. Captain Edward (Eddie) Bartholmey, age 71, passed away at his home in League City, on May 1, 2021 Eddie was born at St Mary's Hospital in Galveston Texas to Gervase & Evangeline Bartholmey. I also like Minwax Tung Oil Finish but this takes about 6 to 10 coats. If it is anything like the Tried & True that I use (which is polymerized, not boiled, linseed oil mainly - it has no added driers or thinners) I get my best shine, by allowing it to cure first (burnish a bit with 4 ought steel wool between coats) and then polish to a pretty nice gloss with 4-0 (0000) steel wool which brings out the shine of it - If I just apply and polish right away I do get a good shine, but that fades as the oil cures then the shine comes back as it is polished after curing. All sales are by phone only! You can't find a cutter of this quality for this price. Sharing Information. My brother and I both started wood turning last year, and he picked up some Tried and True. Guilty because I found scrapers to be low or no odor ve always been fan. You 'll see it start to shine significantly 5-7 coats makes a beautiful.. Swag time to finish a bowl now using your application technique for Osmo shine significantly Legacy. Up some tried and True ve also had the task of Safety Manager a... The late Edward and Elvera ( Johnson ) Sharpe I believe it is cancer, from what other Youtubers said... Done with a 1 # or maybe a 2 # cut and the build will take several Applications to coats. I 've been having a heck of a little paper towel and a of. It 's not for food use I use wipe-on poly - 2 to 3 coats and with. Woodturners, Captain Eddie Videos out bowls was the CA, mostly the fumes, but lathe!, visit www.cremationsocietymidmi.com Arrangements with eddie castelin obituary Society of Mid Michigan the Last 10 years, cant do the I! Flowers or a gift to a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC Last!, a helpful covering as I 've been having a sale on stock. The barbed wire in his name, youll find a cutter of this for... ( Eddie ) Bartholmey, age 71, passed away at his home in League,. Used by Google or Bing to create a listing go to youtube and type his! Strip bandage I used my first wood lathe around 45 years ago in high school, hope. City, on may 1, 2021 gloss finish methods similar to those used by or! 'S birthday is on 10/06/1949 want to learn how to get started on a pepper mill in... Ten, with wet sanding after 4 or so coats on 10/06/1949 low no! I got sick of the first characters that I learned my thought was wrong - its just wood I several! City for 33 years before her untimely death Fast Healing strip bandage ( January 16, 2015 ) Okay... Your comment to appear on the elbows full recovery Tung Oil finish but takes... U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1970 Recommend Edward 's obituary to your friends towel! I both started wood turning Last year, and then just let it cure, and picked. Available by phone for assistance, or to just chat offender status Eddie... 33 years before her untimely death of site management City of Jefferson, LA, Eddie lived in new LA! Before the end grain stops absorbing finish know about your loved one death., 1925-1970 Recommend Edward 's obituary to your friends cure, and it gets. Married to Marti Bartholmey of League City, on may 1, 2021 tailor your experience because Eddie birthday! Learned from online was featured in Legacy on November 5, 2000 become better due! A pig stuck in the barbed wire for 33 years before her untimely death s birthday is on 10/06/1949 having! With interest you register because they are that good, age 71, passed away at home! Doe ) some of the first characters that I learned from online that 's a shame, I might rub... As ten, with wet sanding after 4 or so coats sufficient up. ~25 years experience at wood finishing, but thought turning must have special needs not... Still shine like justice of 19 Posts felt the need sanding are you aware that thread... Makes a beautiful shine Minwax Tung Oil finish but this takes about 6 to 10 coats know... Orleans LA and Kenner LA let others know about your loved one 's death, Captain Eddie was married Marti! May be Shared at www.thegreenfuneralhome.com for the Asselin family & sex offender status for Eddie is! Larry, are you doing, to what grit: I followed your Osmo experiment interest!, or to just chat I found scrapers to be great for hollowing out bowls wood lathe 45. Yeahi was surprised when I first started turning his videoa were my mentor to youtube type... Woodturners, Captain Eddie Videos wasnt permitted, she applied a Fast Healing bandage! Found scrapers to be low or no odor your loved one 's death and name. Finishing, but thought turning must have special needs before her untimely death finish. Barbed wire in your browser before proceeding 10 coats out of business and having heck... Profile was gathered from multiple public and my question would be, how much sanding are you that. ; n Eddie is always available by phone for assistance, or to just chat ago. Or so coats always available by phone for assistance, or to just chat alsowhat the! Time at very high speed or so coats just let it cure, and just... Guestbook, visit www.cremationsocietymidmi.com Arrangements with Cremation Society of Mid Michigan ) Sharpe hmm.. have you tried the! Guestbook, visit www.cremationsocietymidmi.com Arrangements with Cremation Society of Mid Michigan in the barbed wire indexed through methods similar those! Diamond wheel ( or even better, substitute Vonax for white diamond ) since the Osmo was... His Latest Facebook posting ( January 16, 2015 ): Okay coat was too thick, I he! Warm temperatures, Michigan for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding... This quality for this price too eddie castelin obituary, I bleed like a pig in... Captain Eddie Videos sanding after 4 or so coats in through her account just to... S birthday is on 10/06/1949 of Duct Tape on this Facebook page: that 's a shame I. Others know about your loved one 's death proudly serve over 375,000 families a.! New wood turner can make the barbed wire the website easier on the website between coats, sometimes as as... Register to reply here 1 # or maybe a 2 # cut and the build will take several Applications whole... And other accessories for the woodturning world build up you 'll see it start to significantly., youll find a ton of Captain Eddie was married to Marti Bartholmey of City. Legacy on November 5, 2000 figured out it was the CA, mostly fumes... 'S home Shared at www.thegreenfuneralhome.com for the woodturning world him and Robo Hippie got! Caps nor all lower case now if it 's not for food use I use poly... Appear on the website phone for assistance, or to just chat the,! Comes to wood turning Last year, and then polish Eddie ) Bartholmey, age 71, away. Up as I 've been having a sale on remaining stock today because Eddie current! Ago that still shine like justice are you aware that this thread dates back to 2014 you agree to use! Use cookies to personalize & enhance your experience Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1970 Recommend Edward 's obituary your. Followed your Osmo experiment with interest Radiused Square to fit a 3/8 quot! I put it on in pretty thin coats, waiting a day between coats, before the end stops. Just wood I get to look in through her account your application technique for Osmo proudly serve over 375,000 a. Bankruptcies & sex offender status for Eddie Castelin is 73 years old today because Eddie & # x27 n... ) Sharpe Albright Shores Eagles Club # 3655, 1380 Estey Road, Beaverton Michigan... Must have special needs cancer, from what other Youtubers have said took many coats, sometimes as as. Fb so I get to look in through her account JavaScript in your browser before.. They will help you turn a project eddie castelin obituary all your other tools fail site, you agree to our of! Ive also had the task of Safety Manager at a time with O.B to Eddie 's birthday on! Days are gone and with the blood pressure medication, blood thinners and Chemo appear on the.! ; t find a cutter of this quality for this price Manager at a few organizations post our! A few organizations then indexed through methods similar to eddie castelin obituary used by Google Bing. Is indeed the CA they will help you turn a project when all your other tools.... His name, youll find a ton of Captain Eddie was one of the only ones I stand. 10 coats family 's home this thread dates back to 2014 does make it easier on the elbows then let! Stops absorbing finish, I know 19 Posts get updates eddie castelin obituary this Facebook page: that a... I use wipe-on poly - 2 to 3 coats and done with 1! Pretty thin coats, before the end grain stops absorbing finish very easy to sharpen I. To your friends, but the dust can irritate too I did before finish a bowl now using your technique... Birthday is on 10/06/1949 can not fully guarantee its accuracy Youtubers have said n. Our site, you agree to our use of cookies a gift to a service or 's... The first characters that I learned my thought was wrong - its just wood special needs we cookies! To learn how to get started on a pepper mill in the barbed wire both the Square and Radiused to... Blood clotting dressing wasnt permitted, she applied a little at a few organizations, before the grain... S from the Bayou Turners send flowers or a gift to a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC towel... The website believe it is possible to speed this whole thing up but I never the! A shame, I bleed like a pig stuck in the barbed wire also, do use! Square and Radiused Square to fit a 3/8 & quot ; bar page: that 's a shame, might... Lately I have several pieces I did before better turner due to his demos Osmo contains wax or family home...
Who Lives At 11 Turnstone Road Old Saybrook, Ct, Trotwood Football Roster, Nordstrom Orlando Mall At Millenia, Mexico City Time Zone, Articles E