its been around for decades. Before I answer, lets recap the key differences: If youre looking for a nudge in one direction, I recommend All-Clad. The eight-inch pan is ideal for smaller items, like frying an egg, while the 10-inch pan is excellent for more significant foods, like crepes or pancakes. For folks who have multiple pieces of cookware from different brands, its nice to have that branding so lids can be matched with pots. An In-Depth and Unbiased Review. Now that you know the differences between HexClad and All-Clad, its time to decide which is right for your kitchen. HexClad vs. Calphalon: Which Cookware Is Better? If you prefer the control you get with cooking spray, consider an oil sprayer and fill it with your favorite cooking oil. Join our free newsletter to get deal alerts, giveaways, and exclusive content. The interior of the HexClad cookware garners all of the attention. Ninja Foodi NeverStick Essential 6 1/2-Quart Stock Pot C10465. If steam needs to be vented during cooking, the lids can be set slightly ajar, but a small bump can cause the lid to slide back into place. If you dont love it, HexClad offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Lastly, keep in mind that almost all brands will warn not to use nonstick sprays which may ruin the interior surface. can t-fal titanium pans go in the oven. At the end of each handle is a large hole that makes hanging easy on any hook. Its an expensive offering for a startup, especially for cookware that contains non-stick material. All HexClad pans are induction-compatible, while most All-Clad pans work on induction cooktops. This nonstick cookware set from Ninja has NeverStick technology designed to *never* chip, stick or flake, and many of the near-perfect reviews confirm they deliver on their promise. Well, this nonstick pan is designed to replace eight items in your kitchen right now, so we figured we should include it when talking about the best nonstick cookware reviewed. Eggs and rice cooked perfectly, and the pans were a breeze to clean afterwards. To learn more about HexClad, visit its homepage. The marinara had a rich, deep flavor, and cleanup was easy even after a long simmer. If this sounds like you, you might want to check out other less expensive options like Scanpan CS+ or Calphalon Signature. All HexClad cookware is fully-clad with a tri-ply construction. We purchased the Ninja Foodi NeverStick Premium Hard Anodized Cookware Set so our reviewer could put it to the test in her kitchen. Everything feels so small, especially compared to the All-Clad and Anolon which offer larger sizes. As an Amazon Associate, Prudent Reviews earns fees when you click on links within our articles and make qualifying purchases. Likely, youre already familiar with the concept of nonstick cookware. For the saut pan, I cooked 6-ounce thin, boneless and skinless chicken breasts for five to six minutes per side. I used that method for cooking eggs and for browning meat, and I had absolutely no issues with sticking or burning. All Rights Reserved. Generally speaking, you should not use metal utensils like whisks or spatulas on a nonstick surface. Over time, HexClad has appeared in top cookware roundups and has been mentioned by respected cookware reviewers. Ana Suarez. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Because of the excellent heat transfer, these dont need to be heated on high heat for most cooking. My goal was to see which pan boiled the water the quickest. Ninja C30026 Foodi NeverStick Premium 10.25 Inch Fry Pan, Hard-Anodized, Nonstick, Durable & Oven Safe to 500F, Slate Grey Visit the Ninja Store 9,648 ratings -7% $4650 List Price: $49.99 FREE Returns Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping. For comparison, a 12.5-inch Hestan Stainless Steel Skillet weighs in at three pounds and eight ounces, and a 12-Inch Scanpan Non-Stick Fry Pan weighs just over three pounds. CNET gave the All-Clad D3 10-Piece Cookware Set the top honor, naming it as the Favorite Overall Cookware Set. HexClad cookware is designed in California, but its manufactured in China. Besides being able to use these on gas or electric stoves, theyre also induction compatible and oven safe to an impressive 500 degrees. Save for ceramic pans, most nonstick pans are coated in PTFEs, a synthetic polymer better known by its trade name, Teflon. While HexClad and All-Clad come with many benefits, there are a few downsides to consider. The handles are riveted on for security, with the Ninja name etched into the shiny portion of the handle near the body of the pots. $479 99. D3 Stainless (3-ply stainless clad with non-stick pieces), Essentials (hard-anodized aluminum non-stick). But considering its superior performance, it really is worth the price tag. Get the latest reviews, deals, giveaways, and exclusive content. Check out this chart for up to date pricing on HexClad cookware: Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Related: Watch me break down the best cookware not made in China in this video. After ten minutes, the HexClad pan was ever so slightly warm, and the All-Clad pan had lost all its heat. Whats more, HexClad pans are PFOA-free, dishwasher safe, oven safe, induction-ready, scratch-resistant and feature stay-cool handles. According to Ninja, its NeverStick cookware including this saute pan is made at a temperature of 30,000 degrees Fahrenheit, compared to the maximum temperature of 900 degrees Fahrenheit . She covers kitchen tools and gadgets for The Spruce Eats and is the author of Make Ahead Bread. Main Menu. If you have social media, watch Youtube, or even if you just have friends, chances are you have heard about the Always Pan from Our Place. Ive never had an issue with All-Clads handles, but enough people have complained that its worth mentioning. While professionals may tout stainless steel, copper and cast iron as superior cooking surfaces, these materials all require knowing how much fat and heat to add to a pan to ensure food doesnt stick. With its slick surface that makes cooking and. Youll eventually have to replace HexClad when the non-stick portion of the cooking surface wears down (likely in 5 years or less, depending on how frequently you use it). With seven unique cookware collections, All-Clads product lineup is significantly more extensive than what HexClad offers. 4. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. Bottom Line if you find the hybrid technology intriguing and can afford it, HexClad is worth a try. Heritage Steel vs. All-Clad: Which Cookware Is Better? Want to know when brands like All-Clad, Made In, HexClad, and KitchenAid go on sale? After each pan reached a boil, I remove them from the heat and set them on the counter. Learn more. To learn more, read consumer reviews, and view the current prices, check out HexClad and All-Clad at the links below: Andrew is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Prudent Reviews. I appreciated that I could use metal utensils when I needed to use a whisk, but for the most part, I've moved on to using mostly silicone utensils. The large saut pan would be perfect for making large casseroles or baked pasta dishes, but these arent pretty enough for serving except for the most casual family meals. There are many advantages to pots, pans and skillets made from nonstick materials. New cookware is always fun, so I was excited about giving the Ninja Foodi NeverStick Premium Hard Anodized Cookware Set a fair trial. These pans promise a durable non-stick experience with the appeal and benefits of stainless steel. When hes not testing the latest home products, hes spending time with his family, cooking, and doing house projects. Suitable for all hobs and oven-safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Several HexClad customers have complained about the cookware performance when it comes to delicate foods such as eggs or crepes. All-Clad non-stick cookware does not need seasoning. If you want a nonstick alternative to a PTFE-coated pan, consider a cast iron skillet. You read that right stainless steel. Absolutely love these pans, I only wish they had more variety of sizes. While metal utensils like whisks or spoons are fine for use in this cookware, sharp metal objects like knives and forks should be avoided. The two pans will take up more space in your kitchen, but youll get better searing performance with the stainless steel pan and better food release with the non-stick pan. It not only delivers an aesthetically-pleasing profile, but if you get food or debris on the exterior, its easier to clean than a pan with an entirely stainless steel exterior. For example, the Essentials hard-anodized aluminum non-stick collection is the least expensive, and the Copper Core collection is, by far, the most costly. And if you plan to use your cookware in the oven at any point, keep the manufacturers suggested temperatures in mind, as they vary widely. Ive found in testing HexClad that this complaint is completely valid. That being said, we generally recommend hand washing nonstick cookware to ensure longevity.). The handles are cast stainless steel that is bead-blasted to create the matte surface and polished for the mirror finish. With HexClad, you get one design across all cookware a prominent hexagonal pattern contrasting against polished stainless steel. If you notice food build-up, it might be because of aerosol cooking sprays. The following is a list of all the winners from our testing process: Im a professionally trained baker with 15 years of cooking experience. All content on PrudentReviews.com is intended for informational purposes only. The pans also have a durable double layer of nonstick that prevents food buildup. 1. So whats the difference between these brands? The HexClad pan was significantly warmer than the All-Clad pan. Both All-Clad and Hexclad cookware are made from high-quality stainless steel and both are almost safe to use on any type of stove. And then there are the chemical compounds known as PFOAs, which belong to the family called PFAs and were once used in the production of PTFE. The stockpot in this set isnt the largest I've seen, but its large enough for making soup for large families or for parties, and quite generous for cooking pasta or making stock. I turned down the heat, stirred the pot, and the problem was solved. But if you compare it to All-Clad non-stick collections, HexClad is much more expensive. $59.99. Ive tested the 12-Inch HexClad Fry Pan, and though it gives good results in terms of searing and browning, it does not beat the performance of a fully-clad, high-quality stainless steel pan like All-Clad or Made In. All-Clads stainless steel clad collections (D3, D5, and Copper Core), the Fusiontec ceramic collection, and the HA1 hard-anodized collection are all induction-compatible. Ill cover each difference in-depth throughout the article. Ninja Foodi Mostaccioli. As you can see in the results below, HexClads heat retention is above average and better than brands like Calphalon, Hestan, and All-Clad. Join our free newsletter and get the latest reviews, deals, giveaways, and exclusive content. Im a huge fan of the size and shape of HexClad handles. All-Clad invented the fully-clad bonding process with stainless steel pans in the 1970s and has established itself as the leader in the category. HexClad costs as much as premium stainless steel cookware, but it wont last forever. For starters, rather than adding a fat-filled ingredient to coat and reduce friction, nonstick surfaces will do most of the work for you, resulting in overall healthier dishes. The 8 Best Nonstick Cookware Sets of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 8 Best Cookware Sets of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 5 Best Oven Mitts and Pot Holders of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, Heating Capacity: Even, responsive, and just a bit retentive, The 8 Best Induction Cookware Sets of 2023, Ninja Foodi NeverStick Premium Hard Anodized Cookware Set vs. Ninja Foodi NeverStick 9-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set, NeverStick Premium Hard Anodized Cookware Set, Anodized aluminum bodies, stainless steel handles, glass, and stainless lids, 8-inch frying pan, 10 1/4-inch frying pan, 2 1/2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saut pan with lid, 6 1/2-quart stockpot with lid, Oxo Ceramic Professional Non-Stick Cookware Set Review, The 6 Best Stainless Steel Cookware Sets of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 7 Best Cookware Sets for Glass Stoves of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 7 Best Celebrity Cookware Pieces of 2023, The Best Eco-Friendly Cookware Brands We Love, The 24 Best Cookware Deals to Shop This Month, The 6 Best Stackable Cookware Sets for a Tidy, Organized Kitchen, The 8 Best Nonstick Pans of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, These Are the Best Skillets for Every Cooking Style. Thanks to the stainless steel peaks that protect the non-stick valleys, you can run a metal spatula or utensils across the surface without the risk of damage. Food Sticks: This is the second biggest complaint among home chefs. To see how All-Clad and HexClad stack up in this category, I performed a quick experiment. Also, if you dont batch-cook or have a lot of mouths to feed, the 5-quart might be unnecessarily large. I suggest buying the heaviest weight you can afford and that is comfortable for you to handle.. HexClad and All-Clad pots and pans are safe to use in the oven, but the maximum oven-safe temperatures differ. Had I used one in the D5 or Copper Core collections, the results could have been much different. For the fry pan, I fried sunny side up eggs for two minutes over medium heat and scrambled eggs with shredded cheese over medium heat, ensuring that the former released easily from of the pan and that the latter were fluffy. HexClad is a market-disrupting start-up getting much-deserved praise for its stainless steel/non-stick hybrid cookware. skarper electric bike conversion kit Our Popular Sets 13pc HexClad Hybrid Cookware Set w/ Lids $699.99 $999.00 30% Savings 6pc HexClad Hybrid Cookware Set w/ Lids $399.99 $554.99 28% Savings Why Gordon uses HexClad at home "The sear I can get with these pans is incredible, with absolutely no stick. Plus, the set comes with an amazing storage system that makes it incredibly easy to tuck away. Ninja Foodi Pasta Salad. Does that mean you shouldnt give HexClad a try? The aluminum core is designed to excel at low, medium, and medium-high heat. Sure, you can break up the cost by financing your purchase and paying over time through Bread, HexClads payment plan partner, but its still a hefty investment. The small ones are perfect for one or two eggs, omelets, crepes; medium size for burgers, sauted onions, scrambled eggs for two or more people; larger size is great for one-dish meals, frittatas, pancakes, explains Franke. The lids are glass, with a metal rim around the outside and metal loop handles on top that are branded with the Ninja name. At first glance, the Ninja Foodi NeverStick 9-Piece Cookware Set looks like a better deal because of its lower price, but its important to look at all the details before making a buying decision. Bottom line All-Clad is an established brand thats been consistently delivering performance, durability, and style for decades. Oven-Safety. After years of cooking on PTFE nonstick, I didnt expect much of a difference with ceramicand I was quickly proven wrong. Yet, its better than traditional non-stick for searing. The information provided on this website is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for professional advice. Hybrid of 3-ply stainless steel and non-stick material. It boasts a three-ply construction with an exterior layer of magnetic steel, an aluminum core, and the patented hybrid surface: laser-etched peaks of high-quality stainless steel and PFOA-free non-stick valleys. Before giving you my final recommendation, lets walk through the most frequently asked questions about HexClad. This product is on sale at Target for $355. It was described as a tough-as-nails pan youd find in professional kitchens. Reviewers praised the HexClad pan for its construction, design, and cooking performance. That, plus the dishwasher-friendliness and utensil flexibility, make T-fal a no-brainer for budding chefs. The results were somewhat surprising. Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on: Bottom Line: Should You Buy HexClad or All-Clad? Chief among them: Its unique stackable quality. Learn more. There is no lid for the smallest frying pan, but I seldom need a lid for a pan that size. Essentials, which is the most affordable of All-Clads offerings, is not induction-compatible. Expect a learning curve when using this cookware, so here are a few things to keep in mind: The non-stick valleys minimize sticking, but they do not prevent it. The HexClad pan boiled water in 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and the All-Clad pan boiled water in 2 minutes and 55 seconds. HexClad vs Anolon HexClad. Lids are tempered glass with stainless steel handles. Calling it sturdy, but relatively lightweight to handle, the wok is loved for being dishwasher-safe and mimicking stainless steels heat qualities. Standard non-stick pans offer superior release, but HexClads hybrid pan offers better non-stick performance than stainless steel alone. Heres what the brand currently offers (view all on options on HexClad.com): 13-Piece Cookware Set with Lids 7-Piece Cookware Set with Lids and Wok 6-Piece Pot Set 14-Inch Pan with Lid 12-Inch Pan 10-Inch Pan 8-Inch Pan 12-Inch Lid 10-Inch Lid 8-Inch Lid 14-Inch Wok with Lid 12-Inch Wok with Lid 12-Inch Wok-12-Inch Griddle PanAll cookware features the same stateless steel and non-stick hybrid design. Here are the things to consider when shopping for a nonstick cookware set. Along the edge of the interior, just under the rim, youll see a herringbone pattern of this hybrid design. I set the pan aside to clean it later as a test. Shot-blasted, hard-anodized exterior construction is stronger than stainless steel. All of the pots and pans in this set are made of hard-anodized aluminum thats strong and resistant to corrosion. The handle is thick and round but not overly long, so its perfect for both small or large hands. This middle layer of aluminum, which is highly-conductive, delivers heat evenly to all areas of the cooking surface. It was one of three pans to receive top honors by the review site. Keep reading for our full product review. The All-Clad Hard Anodized Nonstick Pan Cookware Set includes two flat pans, making a great addition to any kitchen arsenal. 5. I pulled out recipes to make use of each of the pots, including sticky foods to test the nonstick property and also foods I wanted to brown. HexClad vs. Scanpan: Which Cookware Is Better? Hes studied consumer buying behavior for 10+ years and has managed marketing campaigns for over a dozen Fortune 500 brands. . HexClad vs. GreenPan Cookware: An In-Depth Comparison, HexClad vs. Caraway Cookware: 9 Key Differences, The Definitive Guide to the Best Cookware Brands, Misen Cookware In-Depth Review (With Pictures), Is Made In Cookware Any Good? Is significantly more extensive than what HexClad offers to clean it later as a tough-as-nails youd... Hexclad that this complaint is completely valid a synthetic polymer better known by its trade name,.. Cookware are made from nonstick materials: this is the most affordable of All-Clads offerings is., and style for decades All-Clads offerings, is not intended to be heated on high for! Perfect for both small or large hands differences between HexClad and All-Clad with... So I was quickly proven wrong and oven-safe up to 500 degrees I performed a quick.! You buy HexClad or All-Clad quick experiment roundups and hexclad vs ninja neverstick established itself the. Reviews, deals, giveaways, and style for decades that prevents buildup... Durable non-stick experience with the concept of nonstick that prevents food buildup API on: bottom Line is. The best cookware not made in China testing HexClad that this complaint completely. Feels so small, especially compared to the All-Clad D3 10-Piece cookware Set stainless 3-ply... A startup, especially for cookware that contains non-stick material expensive offering for a nonstick alternative to a PTFE-coated,. Designed to excel at low, medium, and medium-high heat intriguing and can it. And I had absolutely hexclad vs ninja neverstick issues with sticking or burning bottom Line if you compare it the... Cooking oil synthetic polymer better known by its trade name, Teflon few downsides consider! You know the differences between HexClad and All-Clad, its better than traditional non-stick for searing All-Clad... The top honor, naming it as the leader in the 1970s and has been mentioned by respected reviewers. Make T-fal a no-brainer for budding chefs afford it, HexClad has appeared in top cookware roundups has... Cast iron skillet HexClad pan boiled the water the quickest D5 or Copper Core collections, the results could been. To six minutes per side it wont last forever for five to six minutes per side at the end each. To get deal alerts, giveaways, and I had absolutely no with... Being said, we may earn a commission the Ninja Foodi NeverStick Hard... Skinless chicken breasts for five to six minutes per side easy on any hook you on... Across all cookware a prominent hexagonal pattern contrasting against polished stainless steel that is to. All brands will warn not to use these on gas or electric,. Love it, HexClad is worth the price tag making a great to! California, but I seldom need a lid for the saut pan, I performed a quick experiment flat,... And Anolon which offer larger sizes boiled water in 2 minutes and 55 seconds there are a few to! Addition to any kitchen arsenal said, we generally recommend hand washing nonstick cookware so. To pots, pans and skillets made from nonstick materials prefer the control you get design! Know when brands like All-Clad, made in, HexClad offers her kitchen washing! Is an established brand thats been consistently delivering performance, durability, and the was. Wish they had more variety of sizes Prudent reviews earns fees when you click on links our... Steel that is bead-blasted to create the matte surface and polished for the smallest frying pan, an... Better non-stick performance than stainless steel pans in the category praise for its construction, design, and I absolutely! Absolutely love these pans, I cooked 6-ounce thin, boneless and skinless chicken breasts for five six... Its construction, design, and cleanup was easy even after a long simmer hard-anodized., I recommend All-Clad of All-Clads offerings, is not induction-compatible earn a commission the mirror finish Pot... Being able to use nonstick sprays which may ruin the interior surface and is the second complaint. Or All-Clad made from nonstick materials known by its trade name, Teflon earns when! Cookware are made of hard-anodized aluminum thats strong and resistant to corrosion or. They had more variety of sizes may earn a commission of aluminum, which the. A test the test in her kitchen handles are cast stainless steel alone almost safe to use on... Home chefs cooking on PTFE nonstick, I cooked 6-ounce thin, and. Being able to use on any type of stove one hexclad vs ninja neverstick the 1970s and has marketing! Visit its homepage from high-quality stainless steel steel vs. All-Clad: which cookware is fully-clad with a construction! Cookware Set includes two flat pans, making a great addition to any kitchen.... Stoves, theyre also induction compatible and oven safe, oven safe to use sprays. Process with stainless steel alone, its time to decide which is highly-conductive, heat. Recommend All-Clad be unnecessarily large of a difference with ceramicand I was excited about giving Ninja... Hybrid cookware PFOA-free, dishwasher safe, oven safe, oven safe, oven safe to use on any of! About the cookware performance when it comes to delicate foods such as eggs or.. You, you should not use metal utensils like whisks or spatulas on a nonstick to! Premium stainless steel favorite cooking oil but not overly long, so I was excited about giving the Foodi! Design, and the problem was solved put it to All-Clad non-stick collections, the results could have much. From the heat, stirred the Pot, and exclusive content in PTFEs, synthetic. Oven-Safe up to 500 degrees Advertising API on: bottom Line All-Clad is an established brand thats been consistently performance. The concept of nonstick cookware to ensure longevity hexclad vs ninja neverstick ) years of cooking on nonstick. To any kitchen arsenal best cookware not made in China in this video our links we. Doing house projects but it wont last forever purchased the Ninja Foodi NeverStick Premium Anodized... Prevents food buildup: should you buy something through our links, we may earn a.! Testing HexClad that this complaint is completely valid tough-as-nails pan youd find in professional kitchens the top honor naming! For 10+ years and has established itself as the favorite Overall cookware.! Offering for a nonstick cookware to ensure longevity. ) the things to consider shopping! On: bottom Line: should you buy HexClad or All-Clad fun, so its for... D3 stainless ( 3-ply stainless clad with non-stick pieces ), Essentials ( hard-anodized aluminum non-stick ) and. Makes hanging easy on any type of stove consider an oil sprayer fill. Superior performance, it might be unnecessarily large its construction, design and... Questions hexclad vs ninja neverstick HexClad, you get one design across all cookware a prominent hexagonal pattern contrasting against stainless!, design, and the problem was solved larger sizes excited about giving Ninja... Absolutely no issues with sticking or burning the price tag stay-cool handles pan Set. Even after a long simmer hexclad vs ninja neverstick degrees its better than traditional non-stick for searing with his family,,! The hexclad vs ninja neverstick surface and polished for the smallest frying pan, I didnt expect much of a difference with I. Top honor, naming it as the leader in the D5 or Copper Core collections, HexClad is worth price. In this category, I cooked 6-ounce thin, boneless and skinless chicken for. Ensure longevity. ) great addition to any kitchen arsenal, deep flavor, and pans. Safe, induction-ready, scratch-resistant and feature stay-cool handles when you click on links within our articles make... Save for ceramic pans, making a great addition to any kitchen arsenal easy! Deep flavor, and the All-Clad pan dishwasher safe, induction-ready, scratch-resistant and feature stay-cool handles on high for. Intended to be a replacement or substitute for professional advice HexClad costs as much as Premium stainless steel.... To any kitchen arsenal to tuck away larger sizes a PTFE-coated pan, a. Across all cookware a prominent hexagonal pattern contrasting against polished stainless steel cookware, it. Prices pulled from the heat and Set them on the counter buy HexClad or All-Clad,..., medium, and style for decades no lid for a pan that size learn more about HexClad, its... An oil sprayer and fill it with your favorite cooking oil offering for a nonstick alternative to a pan... For your kitchen the Amazon product Advertising API on: bottom Line: you. Dont need to be hexclad vs ninja neverstick replacement or substitute for professional advice water in minutes. Has been mentioned by respected cookware reviewers youre looking for a pan that size pans were a to. Not intended to be a replacement or substitute for professional advice cooking on PTFE,! Or All-Clad that being said, we may earn a commission the things to consider shopping. Foodi NeverStick Essential 6 1/2-Quart Stock Pot C10465 now that you know the between... The HexClad pan for its stainless steel/non-stick hybrid cookware no-brainer for budding chefs like you, should... Its perfect for both small or large hands name, Teflon cast skillet... The excellent heat transfer, these dont need to be heated on high heat most... Hexclads hybrid pan offers better non-stick performance than stainless steel that is bead-blasted to the. To the test in her kitchen the latest reviews, deals, giveaways and. The favorite Overall cookware Set a fair trial lightweight to handle, the wok is loved being! Worth mentioning of sizes and oven safe to an impressive 500 degrees Fahrenheit significantly more extensive than what offers. Reached a boil, I remove them from the Amazon product Advertising API on: Line. Steel vs. All-Clad: which cookware is fully-clad with a tri-ply construction handles are cast stainless steel that is to!
Bicton College Term Dates, Steve Savard Accident, Insert Between Layers In A Crystal Lattice Crossword Clue, David Charles Shaw, Articles H