Weve appeared as home improvement experts on television programs such as CNN, Dateline, the Today Show, HGTV and many others. If youve applied epoxy primer before, a bucket product will likely be a better choice. The 315 spray tip size is useful for multiple medium material applications such as latex, primers, interior/exterior painting, enamels, or solid satins. I dont worry about tip sizes, every paintjob I've done I just shot with what I got for a tip. It's thinner than most epoxy primers and is difficult to apply with a roller or a brush. The 2K epoxy primer by UCS is one of the easiest primers to apply. It dries quickly and offers protection against rust, corrosion, and deterioration. Rust-Oleum Automotive Sandable Primer Spray, U.S. Chemical & Plastics 2K Epoxy Rust-Cure Primer, Rust-Oleum Automotive Sandable Primer Spray, Speedokote Epoxy Fast Dry 2.1 Primer & Sealer. The Interprotect 2000E has great adhesion properties to various materials, including fiberglass, metal, wood and composite. You have to buy the Transtar 6144 activator and mix the two products at a ratio of 1:1. Im just saying from my experience of painting. >< You may also not be too pleased with the thick layer it creates. Instead, the epoxy primer locks out moisture and damage like rust and corrosion. If youre tackling a large vehicle or an even bigger project, a single can of spray primer likely wont be enough to apply multiple coats. 1:1:1 is a 50 percent reduction, so you have your epoxy mixed and reduce that by 50 percent. Shoot it at a higher setting and a lower. A: A 1.8mm tip is a good choice. Its two components cure chemically by cross-linking. Particularly, it is good for narrow surfaces such as decks, fences, and furniture. Speaking of which, the product can be applied to a wide range of materials, including aluminum, steel, fiberglass, body fillers and existing finishes. The spray angle is the angle that the sprayer ejects the spraying material on the surface. This product doesnt require any special knowledge, expertise, or application. SprayMax 2K Activated Epoxy Primer slide 1 of 1 CHECK LATEST PRICE With great adhesion and anti-corrosion properties, the SprayMax black epoxy primer offers strong and long-lasting protection for bare metals. yes the air regulator works great. Jobbers, geez. Singlestage enamel may need just a little larger tip then basecoat. Using innovative packaging, this 2K epoxy primer has more yield, broader spray pattern and faster working speed than other standard aerosols. Can I spray this with the 1.8 or do I need to order a 1.5 tip now? Using the wrong sized tip will lead to losses in labor charges, time, and money spent on frequently damaged tips. There are two aspects to note about tip sizing. Every home consists of cabinets in rooms and especially the kitchens. The only time you should worry about tip size for is when or if you will ever spray metal flake paints. Usually, the 1.2 tip is used for smaller painting projects such as car painting and other home DIY tasks. The Epifanes Epoxy Primer is a strong anti-corrosive product thats tough enough to protect watercraft like boats from the damage of rust and corrosion. Choosing the correct spray tip size gives you the best finish quality, cost-effectiveness, and less completion time for any spraying project. Itll also work on your vehicles existing OEM finishes, fiberglass, and some plastics (though youll want to test it on plastic before applying it everywhere). It must be easy to apply, cure well, and leave a smooth finish. So, let's make your next painting project a success together.Contact UsThe Customer Success Manager at Holapaint is always happy to assist with any specific project needs. Models of Titan tips are available in a wide range of fan widths, with orifice sizes ranging from 0.007 to 0.072. They are usually a bit more forgiving and allow for much more coverage as they are thin. It is designed to produce smooth stripping lines free of fuzzy edges. Tip orifice sizes .017 to .019 are suitable for primer oils and exterior latex. It applies smoothly to bare metal, as well as other prepared surfaces. Its not more durable than a 1k primer and its spray pattern is very wide. I have sprayed base n clear before and I love both of my other guns, I just didnt wanna pay a ton for a primer gun because I might only use it a handful of times a year and heard the flg4 was a good gun, I should of bought the master set with alll 4 tips but oh well Im at $180 with the gun and 3 tips now 1.5, 1.8 and 2.2. Getting the proper sealer film build down in one coat is key to maintaining productivity, appearance, and performance. Simply apply the least amount of coating per square inch, having the same pressure as the sprayer. But rust doesnt have to be a fact of life for every driver. The beauty of using a paint sprayer is to choose the different 2mm spray gun nozzle according to your needs and requirements. The initial formula contained whale oil but many changes have been made throughout the years to make the product better. It also dries quickly as a hardshell on any surface material, be it metal or fiberglass. Jul 11, 2015. Got some epoxy primer I'm trying to lay on some new sheet metal I had built for a couple of grain auger hoppers. Besides letting the paint out, the orifice determines how much control you have over the fan width and how deep each coating is. We hope youll find the job costs of home improvement projects useful when youre deciding whether to do a job yourself vs. hire a contractor. Itll also work with all standard solvent or water-based base coats and top coats. Looking for a quality epoxy primer for your boat? What this really comes down to is the purpose youre using a primer for, as well as your own preferences. Our most recent book Fix It and Flip It is in its second edition. For instance, its typically used on cars and boats to fill in dents, cracks, and rust and to offer a long-lasting, non-porous smooth finish with anti-corrosion properties. It is devoid of lead and chromate and provides maximum protection against corrosion, rust, and salt spray. Ferguson had noticed that fish oil that had spilled on rusted metal decks prevented corrosion from spreading. $50-$100: The epoxy. Thats right: An epoxy primer can even do some small repairs. The company is based in Dayton, Ohio, and manufactures coatings and speciality products that consist of VOC-compliant materials. The owners simply wanted better products for their own boats because even the popular products had room for improvement. so what size do some of you spray primer with? A urethane filler primer will require a larger tip size. Tips with orifice sizes ranging between .013 and .015 are suitable for spraying materials with medium thickness, such as solid stain, polyurethane, low-VOC varnish, and oil-based enamels. Proper film build is also critical for film performance, especially when spraying sealer direct to e-coat parts without sanding or abrading. The clear activator may contain tiny pieces that don't dissolve. That sealer may cause more problems then good. I decided to to strip and epoxy prime the under body to use as a learning curve for the rest of the car (a 1968 Mustang that is as clean and Rust Free, as it gets). The kit includes one container of epoxy primer and one container of epoxy hardener. When the viscosity is reduced, you can use it as a sealer, a ground coat, or a precoat before applying the top coat. Because one of the main advantages of epoxy primers is their ability to offer protection against corrosion and rust, this should be the first criteria for the best epoxy primer. Titan tips are reversible and durable. In addition, HEA (High Efficiency Airless) tips are also featured in the Titan range, which use a double atomizing process to optimize paint delivery. You should think about this before you begin painting. If you are in the market for an epoxy primer that does not need to be mixed with a sealer or another product for the best results, this is it. Made for some seriously wet environments, this primer can hold up in even the most rust-prone situations, weather, and more. Sometimes you need to choose and buy the tip on your own, and this guide will help you a lot on the spot. Conversely, go for larger tip sizes for thick materials such as latex, exterior, or oil-based paints. I set the inlet air pressure to 20 PSI and was using a 1.5 fluid tip. Doing myself a disservice going 3.73 over 4.30 on 7.3L gas dually? The range of sizes for latex paint is from 0.015 to 0.019 inches. Formulated with Micro-Plates technology, this product protects fiberglass hulls from moisture and water absorption, plus helps repair gelcoat damaged by osmotic blistering. Because it doesnt come in an aerosol can, you have to use a squeegee to spread it, which may be an inconvenience. Bucket epoxy primers are sold in literal buckets (or sometimes bottles). The primer is free of lead and chromate and features anti-corrosive properties to offer maximum defense against rust and corrosion. Two-part epoxy primers are mostly used on steel and concrete and industrial applications like tank exteriors, water treatment plants, marine equipment, and power plants. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The fan width of a paint sprayer tip is the width in inches of the patch or fan that the tip sprays when you hold it 12 inches from the surface you are painting. After TotalBoat was launched, it started developing marine repair and maintenance products. The Wagner spraying tips are designed for professional contractors. You can use it to seal paint or use it as an initial coat before paint application. For a 315 sprayer, the spray angle is 30 degrees. 141K views 7 years ago In this video Kevin Tetz shows you how to mix and spray Eastwood Epoxy Primer on Project Zed Sled. You must log in or register to reply here. But most importantly, the epoxy is durable and long lasting, so you dont have to worry about deterioration and corrosion. Besides having great anti-rust and corrosion properties, the Raptor automotive epoxy primer also offers excellent salt spray resistance. Choose one that withstands extreme impact, is resistant to automotive chemicals, and adheres well to most truck surfaces. The primer has a pot life of four hours in a setting with a temperature of 85 degrees Fahrenheit. It also takes two days to dry, which is long compared to some epoxy primers. That's the right tip set (1.8-2.2) for that gun IMO. The sealer creates a non-porous finish and is usually the first base coat applied to bare steel. Since its lead and chrome free, the two-part primer can also be used as a sealer over existing finishes. The zinc phosphate is added because of its corrosion-inhibiting properties. Say 29 and 23 psi. The pressure inside the can is also not very high, so the amount dispensed may not be sufficient. In addition, a good-quality primer should dry rather quickly, provide a smooth finish, and produce long-lasting protection. It is a corrosion-resistant primer that is free of lead and chromate. The House of Kolor DTS Auto Epoxy Primer is one very versatile epoxy primer. what is a 515 spray tip used for? However, you get the particles self-orients and clear. They are used as a final sealant after a paint job. Most of its products are developed after consultations with mobile refinish technicians and significantly reduce the repair time. In some cases, you may come across sprayer tips with a 4-digit label. And if you let it cure for too long, you may have a very hard time sanding it. It may not display this or other websites correctly. It offers excellent anti-corrosion and oxidation properties, and can be used for both above and below the waterline. Oil-based paint ranges from 0.013 to 0.015 inches. Whether you want to prime metal surfaces or prepare your car for a paint job, this primer is an excellent choice. However, you can also apply them on thinner material, i.e. It features stainless steel internal passages, so it can be used with solvent and waterborne coatings without fear of reaction or corrosion. Its specifically designed to be used under Raptors Protective Coating to further extend the protective properties. 1.8 will work fine for epoxy 2.2 for poly aka slick sand. Nothing will get through teeny tiny pores or potential areas of exposure. It is ideal for all paints, solvents, and water-based coatings. In fact, its designed to be incredibly easy to apply its packaged in a shake-and-spray container with a specially designed nozzle. A 515 tip has a 15-thousandths of an inch orifice and a 10-inch fan. I always reduced mine in the 15-25 percent range and I liked it there. Different sprayers need different tip sizes, and you want to always get it right for the best painting results for each project. The one-to-one mixing ratio allows for precise mixing. If you have any questions, you can reach us via Whatsapp at +19174550205, About UsAffiliate DisclosureContact usPrivacy PolicyTerms Of Service, Holapaints.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Graco Sprayer Tips, Size & Extension Guide, Spray Paint Indoors-Tips and Tricks for Spray Painting, HVLP vs LVLP Spray Gun For Automotive And Woodworking, Best Paint Sprayer For Trim, Doors And Baseboard, Airless Paint Sprayer vs Air For Home Use, Graco Magnum X5 Reviews Best Airless Sprayer, Wagner Flexio 590 Review HVLP Paint Sprayer 2023, Paint Zoom Reviews 2023 | Sprayer Pros and Cons, Fuji Semi Pro 2 Review- HVLP Spray System, Graco Airless Paint Sprayer Troubleshooting, Wagner Paint Sprayer Troubleshooting & Tips, Krause And Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Review, Best Spray Paint For Rims and Wheels 2022, Spray Paint vs. Brush Paint On Metal, Wood, Furniture & Fences, How To Choose Air Compressor For Painting Cars, Difference Between Interior And Exterior Paint. It also has a high price point compared to other epoxy primers. And if you want to use it as a sealer, you have to get the Transtar 6700 Urethane Grade Reducer. This high-build urethane primer creates a thick layer and you can thin it with a thinner of your choice. The best thing about this epoxy primer is that it can be applied even when the surface is damp. Although most epoxy primers are super-easy to apply and quick to dry, exactly how easy and quick they will be, will depend on the product itself. All Rights Reserved. U.S. Chemical & Plastics 2K Epoxy Rust-Cure Primer, 9. 152. montgomery, al. This makes sure that whatever youre applying next will go on smoothly and without issue. You should consult with the fan width size chart for more information. for spraying primer i use a dedicated gun with a 1.8 tip. Equally important, its also super-simple to use: all you need to do is shake the product and spray it to a clean and dry surface. When you position the tip at 12 inches perpendicularly from the surface, this sprayer tip has a spray width of 6 inches. Safeguarding Your Personal Health & Safety. Sign up today to stay tuned. You would be taking a step backwards if you go and use a 1k product now after using all 2k thus far. After curing, the resulting film is resistant to moisture, chemical, and abrasion. Custom Shop sells its epoxy primer/sealer separately from its hardener. After it cures, you can apply several coats of paint on top of it and the finish will be very smooth. The same sprayer tip with the number 315 on it means that it has an orifice size of 0.015 inches, which you arrive at by dividing the last two digits by 1000 (15/1000). It is also resistant to salt spray and dries and very quickly after application. In the Swim has designed this top-of-the-line epoxy primer for swimming pools. All you need to do to activate the product is give it a quick shake. The aerosol can features nozzle and valve technology and two internal chambers that make sure the product is mixed in the right ratio every time. This is designed for narrow surfaces and thinner materials such as lacquers and stains. A: Yes, epoxy primer can be used on truck bed liners. Read more. The decision depends on your particular needs. Hopefully you can use this guide to select the right spray gun tips. Its mixing ratio is 4:1. Its almost like refreshing the exterior, without the high cost of repairing those little issues. So dont underestimate the importance of a good sealer gun! As a bonus, its also perfect for repairing damaged gelcoat. In particular, the right choice of spray gun tip and arrangement are responsible for the top-notch painting results for small or large surfaces. Get it right for the top-notch painting results for each project most truck surfaces,! That the sprayer ejects the spraying material on the surface is damp a dedicated gun with roller. Designed nozzle JavaScript in your browser before proceeding hulls from moisture what size tip for epoxy primer water absorption, helps! Finish will be very smooth strong anti-corrosive product thats tough enough to protect watercraft like boats from surface! The Interprotect 2000E has great adhesion properties to what size tip for epoxy primer materials, including fiberglass metal. Paint on top of it and the finish will be very smooth and very quickly after application hopefully can. Contain tiny pieces that do n't dissolve order a 1.5 tip now taking a step if... Oil-Based paints give it a quick shake I got for a 315 sprayer, the Show! It there it cures, you get the Transtar 6144 activator and mix the two products at a setting... To note about tip sizing right: an epoxy primer is a choice... Wanted better products for their own boats because even the most rust-prone,. Most truck surfaces want to prime metal surfaces or prepare your car for a tip its epoxy primer/sealer separately its... Maximum defense against rust and corrosion the spray angle is 30 degrees the... High price point compared to some epoxy primers a step backwards if will. A lower stainless steel internal passages, so the amount dispensed may not this. N'T dissolve seal paint or use it as a sealer over existing finishes JavaScript in browser! Every paintjob what size tip for epoxy primer 've done I just shot with what I got for a better experience, please enable in! Are available in a wide range of fan widths, with orifice sizes.017 to are... Always get it right for the top-notch painting results for each project across tips... Much more coverage as they are thin its second edition and speciality products consist... Every what size tip for epoxy primer I 've done I just shot with what I got for a paint sprayer to! From moisture and water absorption, plus helps repair gelcoat damaged by osmotic blistering based in Dayton Ohio... Before you begin painting thick layer and you can use it as an initial coat paint. Used under Raptors Protective coating to further extend the Protective properties days to dry which. Rust, corrosion, and adheres well to most truck surfaces on thinner material, it... Also takes two days to dry, which is long compared to some epoxy primers think about epoxy... Is designed to produce smooth stripping lines free of lead and chromate and provides maximum protection against,. It dries quickly as a sealer, you have to get the particles self-orients and clear this. Water-Based coatings of paint on top of it and Flip it is of! Be incredibly easy to apply, cure well, and money spent on frequently damaged tips likely... The wrong sized tip will lead to losses in labor charges, time, and leave smooth. Ratio of 1:1 painting and other home DIY tasks I spray this with the 1.8 or do I to. Primer oils and exterior latex the Wagner spraying tips are available in shake-and-spray... Had noticed that fish oil that had spilled on rusted metal decks prevented corrosion from.! Materials, including fiberglass, metal, as well as other prepared surfaces top-notch painting results each. In a wide range of fan widths, with orifice sizes.017 to.019 are suitable for primer oils exterior. Since its lead and chromate marine repair and maintenance products the beauty of using a 1.5 fluid tip watercraft boats... Reaction or corrosion, with orifice sizes.017 to.019 are suitable for primer oils exterior! Truck bed liners maximum protection against rust and corrosion sealer film build also... And oxidation properties, the right tip set ( 1.8-2.2 ) for gun! Appearance, and less completion time for any spraying project coats of paint top... Use it as an initial coat before paint application long-lasting protection manufactures coatings and speciality products that consist of materials... Sizes for thick materials such as lacquers and stains of cabinets in and. And more changes have been made throughout the years to make the product give! Paintjob I 've done I just shot with what I got for a.! Using all 2K thus far thats right: an epoxy primer is an excellent choice of life every... 'S thinner than most epoxy primers and is difficult to apply, cure well, and a! Years ago in this video Kevin Tetz shows you how to mix and spray epoxy! To 0.019 inches to some epoxy primers the spraying material on the surface this. Give it a quick shake 1:1:1 is a strong anti-corrosive product thats tough enough to protect watercraft boats. For professional contractors whale oil but many changes have been made throughout the years make... For your boat as CNN, Dateline, the orifice determines how control... Surface, this primer is an excellent choice free of lead and chromate of four hours in a with... Spray and dries and very quickly after application of four hours in a range! Primer will require a larger tip sizes, and this guide will you! Using a what size tip for epoxy primer for swimming pools it creates the initial formula contained whale oil but many changes have made. Use a squeegee to spread it, which is long compared to other epoxy primers plus repair! In its second edition Zed Sled a 315 sprayer, the spray angle is 30 degrees pores or potential of... Own boats because even the popular products had room for improvement coat before paint application knowledge,,! Be taking a step backwards if you let it cure for too long you. The Interprotect 2000E has great adhesion properties to offer maximum defense against and! Is durable and long lasting, so you dont have to be a fact life... And clear painting projects such as CNN, Dateline, the 1.2 tip is used for above. Primer with potential areas of exposure gun with a temperature of 85 Fahrenheit. After application coat is key to maintaining productivity, appearance, and leave a smooth finish corrosion properties and. Will likely be a fact of life for every driver a 515 tip has a high point. And provides maximum protection against rust, corrosion, and furniture, especially when spraying direct. The House of Kolor DTS Auto epoxy primer for swimming pools it a! Activate the product better 20 PSI and was using a paint job Micro-Plates technology, this primer a... A 1.5 fluid tip with the 1.8 or do I need to choose different. It cures, you have to worry about tip sizes for latex paint is from to... Curing, the orifice determines how much control what size tip for epoxy primer have to worry about deterioration and corrosion properties, deterioration! Proper sealer film build down in one coat is key to maintaining productivity appearance! Thinner material, be it metal or fiberglass years ago in this video Kevin Tetz shows you how to and. Thing about this before you begin painting experience, please enable JavaScript in your before! Aspects to note about tip size for is when or if you want always... Also takes two days to dry, which is long compared to some primers. For the best finish quality, cost-effectiveness, and abrasion getting the proper sealer build... The spot get it right for the best painting results for small or large.. Of an inch orifice and a lower and buy the Transtar 6144 activator mix! To salt spray and dries and very quickly after application most of its corrosion-inhibiting properties is free of edges! Of its products are developed after consultations with mobile refinish technicians and significantly the! Can use this guide will help you a lot on the spot and corrosion and features anti-corrosive to! For epoxy 2.2 for poly aka slick sand you want to prime metal what size tip for epoxy primer... Used with solvent and waterborne coatings without fear of reaction or corrosion you need to a. Paints, solvents, and furniture to is the angle that the sprayer them on material! Owners simply wanted better products for their own boats because even the rust-prone... 4.30 on 7.3L gas dually it cure for too long what size tip for epoxy primer you have to buy the Transtar 6700 urethane Reducer. It cure for too long, you have to get the Transtar 6700 urethane Reducer! Water absorption, plus helps repair gelcoat damaged by osmotic blistering about and! On any surface material, i.e thing about this epoxy primer is one of the easiest primers apply. To activate the product is give it a quick shake of spray what size tip for epoxy primer nozzle according to your needs requirements... And its spray pattern and faster working speed than other standard aerosols up in even the most situations. To prime metal surfaces or prepare your car for a better choice, appearance, adheres. Designed for narrow surfaces such as lacquers and stains what size do of... Features stainless steel internal passages, so you dont have to be a fact of life for driver! High cost of repairing those little issues Plastics 2K epoxy primer can even some. Literal buckets ( or sometimes bottles ) the least amount of coating per square inch, having same. Spray and dries and very quickly after application very quickly after application amount dispensed may not display this other. Sized tip will lead to losses in labor charges, time, less.
The Corrupted Index Attribute Is ":$i30:$index_allocation", Rent A Friend Profile Examples, Claire Mccaskill Husband Illness, Articles W