letter-spacing: 0.03em; height: 22px; .inner_percentage.Republican { Landers said the polling effort was meant to see "if my thought pattern aligns with the public," adding that if the two are aligned, "I'm going to run. Even asking you know, people directly, I still don't understand half the time what they're talking about. Please contact us about the issues that impact your local election. We have to look at measurements of how we're actually going to determine if this model is working or not. } .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { Scott is currently serving his first term as mayor. Ballotpedia asks all federal, state, and local candidates to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ballot measures, Who represents me? display: flex; Work with City Directors to identify projects in each ward based on the unique and individual needs of the local neighborhoods. .race_header.libertarian { .votebox_legend .non_result_row { .race_header, .results_text, .results_table_container, .votebox_legend { In 2012 I started my own business, Rock City Eats, to highlight and promote local restaurants while providing them consulting and marketing services. overflow: hidden; Ballotpedia does not edit or correct typographical errors unless the candidate's campaign requests it. padding-right: 62px; if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; What's on my ballot? background-color: #dac113; Businessman Steve Landers Sr. in an interview Monday said he is considering a run for mayor of Little Rock in 2022. overflow-x: scroll; font-size: 1.25em; How to vote | width: 90%; Frank Scott Jr. has been elected mayor of Little Rock. Press Room. } Henderson said he will focus on the future generations of Little Rock, and hopes that the city in 15-30 years from now will offer opportunities for all those that live here. Click on the tabs below to show more information about those topics. He never gave up his Alderman seat on City Council and remained on Council after special election. left: 0; .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h5.votebox-header-election-type { Four people have filed to run for Little Rock mayor this fall as of the close of the city's filing period, which began July 29 and ended at noon on Friday. font-size: 0.9em; position: relative; padding-bottom: 3px; } Incumbent mayor. Relatives say former US Marine killed fighting in, What about Paul Whelan and Brittney Griner left in, Russia frees US Marine vet as part of prisoner exchange, Strike kills 50 at crowded Ukraine rail station, Pink Floyd members reunite and record song for Ukraine, US to send $100M more in military aid to Ukraine, Ukrainian poisonings kill 2 Russian soldiers: officials, National Weather Service confirms tornadoes in AR, Proposed bill would mandate teaching breastfeeding, Garland Co. sheriff releases names in shooting deaths, Garland County deputies: Man & woman dead after shooting, AST Blog: Severe Weather Awareness Week Watches, Heart of a Champion: UAM student on the big screen, Little Rock Christian boys looking to play Class. Starting in November 1869, the president of the City Council presided over council meetings and signed ordinances, performing many of the duties formerly ascribed to the Mayor. Beginning in 1994, mayors were elected to a four-year term by citywide election. display: block; | In January 1871, he was again suspended by the Council and J. G. Botsford was declared Acting Mayor, though Hartman still claimed the title of Mayor through the remainder of his term in November 1871. Source1Source2. Better evaluation of technology assets to make sure what we pay for is actually worth the investment. padding:7px 8px 8px; I will be a mayor for all the people of Little Rock. .image-candidate-thumbnail { font-size: 2em; Though technically only Mayor Pro-Tempore selected by City Council to serve until special election for next Mayor, he has traditionally been included in lists of Mayors of Little Rock. Ballotpedia features 395,557 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. The other thing I've done is I've worked very closely with the Downtown Neighborhood Association, including serving as the president for two years, and I see the real impact that a strong neighborhood has. The city of Little Rock, Arkansas, held a general election for mayor on November 8, 2022. First time a special election had been used to fill mayoral vacancy. Incumbents are marked with an (i) after their name. And the city's a big business.". People won't move here, businesses won't come here, and we will lose population and tax revenue in our city. Work to improve cooperation, respect, and morale inside the police department to help everyone work toward a common goal. top: -5px; Ballotpedia comprehensively covers the 100 largest cities in the United States by population. Note that not all submissions may meet Ballotpedia's coverage requirements for inclusion. Work with invested third parties to build an easy to manage information request policy. } On November 6, 1956, Little Rock voters approved a move to the City Manager form of government to take effect in the next year and on November 11, 1957, voters selected the first city Board of Directors under the city manager form of government. Can you expand on that? A candidate has thrown his name into the ring for the 2022 race of Little Rock Mayor Wednesday afternoon. (function() { Landers, 67, has retired from the daily operations of the automotive dealerships that bear his name, though he said he still owns some stores. The AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing. }) "Children, families and the elderly do not feel safe on our streets. .votebox-results-metadata-p { .electionsectionheading { border: 1px solid #999; He finished fifth out of five candidates during the initial round of voting in November 2018. You know, it's really always been sort of that central area and that's kind of what made me interested in this. Steve Landers is one of the three challengers so far who are hoping to unseat incumbent Mayor Frank Scott Jr. As part of a series of interviews with candidates, KUAR News spoke with Landers. Cities | v. t. e. Below is a list of Mayors of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Greg Henderson, founder of Rock City Eats and the marketing firm Rock City Interactive, has announced he's running for Little Rock mayor in 2022. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. Prioritize infill by incentivising rebuilding our vacant lots and rehabilitating structures on our unsafe/vacant list. I think that we need to say, okay, very commonly, this is what community schools are trying to do and this is where they're going and then have some kind of measurement against it. In Ward 1, City Director Virgil Miller Jr. is expected to face Herbert Broadway and Kenyon Lowe this November in an attempt to win a full term of his own. FILE Steve Landers Sr. at his Toyota dealership in Little Rock is shown in this Aug. 28, 2012 file photo. "But race has definitely always . We absolutely need to expand the number of officers the city has right now. Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. .results_row.winner { LITTLE ROCK, Ark. The answer they usually get is, we're just gonna go in every community and see what they need and basically adjust the school to do that. letter-spacing: .04em; } Greg Henderson is running for mayor of Little Rock. display: table; padding-left: 8px; First Republican elected to the post since 1891. top: 2px; We've also been able to work with several restaurants and several other businesses to see whenever we go in and do you know, x work with them, what kind of impact does that typically make to their bottom line. Learn More. | First mayor under new city charter. In the statement Wednesday, Landers pitched himself as someone who would be able to rein in excessive municipal spending and local crime. | State executives | I grew up in the central Arkansas area and have been a lifelong resident. What would your approach be with that? He succeeded Mark Stodola. From July November 1981, served as Acting Mayor. background-color: #ccc; width: 100% !important; Frank Scott wins a runoff for Little Rock mayor, becoming the first African-American elected to lead Arkansas' capital city. It's really not Mayor Scott's fault in that, but it's nothing that's been solved. Improve cooperation with neighborhoods to increase awareness of potential situations before they exist. John Tory served as Progressive Conservative Party Leader between 2004 and 2009, working in radio after his resignation. Please list below 3 key messages of your campaign. According to the Arkansas Times, questions related to Landers, Scott and the Little Rock mayor's race were posed to respondents. Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. "Our city budget is bloated with wasteful spending, there is zero transparency about expenses, and city crime is out of control," he said. } Ballotpedia researches issues in local elections across the United States, but information availability is a challenge for us in many areas. Fox16 Investigates: Age of Consent, Is it 16 or 18? width: 65px; I will focus on enhancing all aspects of public safety by implementing a ground up approach to addressing crime before it happens. Restrict spending without board notification on contracts that fall just below the limit requiring city board approval. I graduated from Ouachita Baptist University with a degree in Political Science and have stayed active in local politics since. As part of a series of interviews with candidates, he spoke with KUAR News about his first term and where he stands on the issues. . Apply today! How does your approach differ from his? }. U.S. municipal elections, 2022 The city of Little Rock, Arkansas, held general elections for mayor and city council on November 8, 2022. Elections in 2023 | As mayor I will work to help grow and strengthen the heart of our economy, which is our locally owned small businesses. Glen Schwarz, a perennial candidate in local races, filed to run for mayor on Thursday, joining Greg Henderson and Steve Landers Sr. in the contest to unseat Mayor Frank Scott Jr., who is seeking a second term. Alderman Fred W. Parris was chosen by City Council to serve as Acting Mayor. [24] Mayor Remmel took a leave of absence to run for Governor from August 31, 1954, through December 13, 1954. .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { Officials elected will take office on January 1, 2025. } Due to illness, Mayor Satterfield took a leave of absence from January 1 through March 31, 1941. } Copyright 2023, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Inc. margin-bottom: 4px; On your Facebook page, you said changing the police chief and hiring more officers is only attacking the symptoms of a crime problem. LITTLE ROCK, Ark. $('.collapse').collapse('show'); background-color: #f9d334; Ketia Daniel, founder of BHM Cleaning Co., is BestReviews cleaning expert. Stepson of first Little Rock Mayor, Dr. Matthew Cunningham. Some of what you're saying sounds similar to what Mayor Scott has said about the multi-faceted way to approach crime, like investing in community as well as policing. } } Our coverage also includes mayors, city councils, and district attorneys in the 32 state capitals that are not already part of our largest cities coverage. Adjust the city contract bidding process to ensure Little Rock contracts with capable local business when available. complete the Ballotpedia Candidate Connection Survey. color: #6db24f; Prioritizing residents of the city in road/infrastructure planning. border-radius: 7px 7px 0 0; .votebox_bp_logo { font-size: 12px; Click on the tabs below to show more information about those topics. What we started tracking was what was the growth with local businesses versus chain restaurants in the city. Greg Henderson, president and chief marketing officer of Rock City Eats, is one of the three challengers so far hoping to unseat Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott Jr. in the November election. The filing deadline for this election was August 19, 2022. position: relative; Implement a stronger, more strategic city planning to make sure growth is happening in ways that are best for the long term viability of Little Rock. Mayor Hartman was never officially removed from office, so Botsford was never technically Mayor. margin: 0 !important; Incumbent Frank Scott Jr. defeated Steve Landers, Greg Henderson, and Glen Schwarz in the general election for Mayor of Little Rock on November 8, 2022. max-width: 600px; As North Little Rocks Mayor, I would like to cordially welcome you to our citys website. float: left; Toronto's first mayor, William Lyon Mackenzie was appointed in 1834 after his Reform coalition won the new City of Toronto's first election, and Mackenzie was chosen by the Reformers. Due to obligations with his business affairs, resigned in April 1900 to be effective upon election of his successor. Improve in the pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure and be a regional leader in the Central Arkansas Greenway system. width: 100%; [33] Position of Mayor of Little Rock had been a part-time position since changing to the City Manager Form of Government in 1957. Federal courts | margin-top: 0px; I am a lifelong citizen of the Little Rock area and a neighbor to 200,000 other people that share this common connection. width: 100%; Must be a resident of the City of Little Rock for at least thirty (30) days. margin-top: 5px; And so we have to take care of the short term problems immediately before we can start taking care of some of these long term problems. } As mayor, above all, I want to make Little Rock a great place to live now and for generations to come. The runoff threshold does not apply to ward seats. Frank Scott, Jr. is running for re-election as Mayor of Little Rock because, while our city's made tremendous progress, he believes we can do more together. Increase hiring and pay in police, fire, and 911 call center staff. } .votebox-results-metadata { Jim Dailey (b. July 31, 1942) became the 71st Mayor of Little Rock on January 1, 1995. 2017-present. .results_table { Malette was first elected to council at the age of 18 and is the youngest mayor in Quebec history at 22 years of age when elected. } text-align: center; Political party. - Mayor Frank Scott Jr. Invest in the Arts and Culture of the city. .inner_percentage.Libertarian { What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office? I think we're missing a little bit of it. The most recent mayor was John Tory, who served from 2014 to 2023. Landers currently serves on the state Racing Commission. width: 100%; (NWA Media). height: 56px; Streamline the process for starting a small business and implement a business coordinator as a resource for businesses to get answers and guidance. .inner_percentage.Democratic { display: block; a Democrat who's considering running for president in 2020. A campaign website, stevelandersforlittlerock.com, was soliciting email addresses and contributions from supporters as of Wednesday. Federal courts | From October 1825 through January 1832, Little Rock was governed by an elected Board of Trustees.
Jason Clarkson Obituary, Pagkakaugnay Ng Holy Roman Empire Pyudalismo At Manoryalismo, Textron Prowler Pro Lift Kit, What Happened To Clara Afton, Articles W