Any suggestions for a fix? Use CITRISTRIP to remove multiple layers of dried latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, polyurethane and shellac from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. But considering what happened next, Im glad I didnt!!). Press J to jump to the feed. Try a wire brush . Fuel me up with caffeinated chai latte, and Ill write faster. This is some serious stuff, so please read the manufacturer's safety recommendations. Third applicationsame result. Or sometimes, at all. On projects where a water-based product will be used, we recommend . I have attached some pictures for you to get a better idea of what I am describing. I debated just throwing out the rocker. This is not for painted furniture this is for furniture with old finishes. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Either that or we need to build a time-machine. Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel 64 oz . If you use it regularly, you will notice that the color of your wood gets duller with time. Mask off the rest of the tumbler using painter's tape. Not much will happen in 30 minutes, so I recommend letting the Citristrip sit as long as you can. Copyright 2022 The Wood Whisperer, Inc. Its too bad that the company changed the formula, because the old formula worked great. Oh well, bite the bullet and get 'er done! If that doesn't work, try reapplying a small amount of Citristrip to the detailed areas and use an old toothbrush to get it out. Most methylene chloride-based strippers, such as: may be used to remove paint, stain, and topcoat. Should I use something less harsh to preserve the final layer of paint I wish to keep? The process of evaporation is aided by giving liquid as much access to the atmosphere as possible, so if the stripper is in a bottle, it would be prudent to transfer it to a large, non-corrosive container. Dust with a soft cloth, and wa-lah! Citrus strippers such as CitriStrip have a wax in them to keep the product from drying out after it's applied to the surface. Just to add on Milo's commentmost of the solvent type strippers contain wax. You should be ready for priming and painting now! Citristrip stripping gel is a powerful stripper that removes multiple layers of latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, enamel, polyurethane, shellac, acrylics and epoxy from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. Newsletters are usually once a month (maybe more if I ever get my act together). What could I use to clean them that won't leave streaks We bought our home in Nov. 2013 and I noticed in the sunroom (built on the back patio slab) that the North window had this plastic (very thin) stuck on it. Preface: I had a great post all written about how to use CitriStrip effectively just like I have done in the past, but things often dont turn out exactly like you plan. seagreen3. I tried 3 different ways to remove dried Citristrip stripping from my rocker first more Citristrip, then mineral spirits and last, After Wash. The first step in the process is to soak the affected area for 10 minutes. Better than the alternative of just throwing it out, right? Clean the surface of any residue with soft cloths soaked in Citristrip After washing, use a paint stripper. Ultimately, you need to find the way that fits best for your situation. Display as a link instead, Your link has been automatically embedded. Yes you can. Im using CitrusStrip to take off two layers of paint with a decorative layer of paint as the third layer, which I want to keep. About Us . Disposal Considerations Dispose in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations. Scrub the residual finish with some medium-fine (O) steel wool dipped in chemical paint remover. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. A. To neutralize solvent paint strippers, rub mineral spirits on them. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. 2. Saran wrap, painters plastic or something similar will work great. (In hindsight looking at this pic, I should have applied a thicker layer. Add to this moisture warm temperatures and mold spores (which are always in the air), and its the perfect storm for a mold infestation. How to Use Citristrip Stripping Gel 1. Good morning Reddit fam!! Before we begin, I must add a disclaimer. See more. If that doesn't work, try reapplying a small amount of Citristrip to the detailed areas and use an old toothbrush to get it out. Now its even more sticky!! 1 marked as helpful Reply. Heres a simple and effective way to do it. A few months ago I picked up a beautiful old Lincoln rocking chair for free. Youve heard all the advice about what to buy and where to buy it. I always wash my furniture with mineral spirits after I strip it. And it didnt look pretty. Unbeatable for many small tasks like this. Check it every couple of hours to ensure it isnt drying out on the surface. Can the brush be rinsed off in a sink? If CitriStrip sounds like something youd like to try you can purchase it using my Amazon affiliate link right here. ), you could try knocking the entire piece apart and stripping the individual pieces. It can take anywhere from 30 mins to 24 hrs to dissolve the paint. Paint thinner is not harmful to your skin, but it might dry it off, which is inconvenient. However, since the solvent may harm or destroy the finish, its typically advisable to start with a milder denatured alcohol or naphtha. If you are trying to get the wood completely clean of all paint consider using steel wool in the stripping process. Although Citristrip is manufactured for water and dirt resistance, it does not leave a tacky residue on wood that would inhibit the normal drying process. Returning the remainder to the box store !!! Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Wanna see the process in action? Can anyone help me out? Same here my wife went out and purchased an old steel bedstead covered with 3 coats of differing paints as far as I could tell. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Ill show you how to do it properly in the post below, but definitely watch the video at the end to see how it sometimes doesnt work out like you plan. How To Strip Paint (Part 1 Chemical Strippers). Use a washcloth to rub off the rest of the etched powder coating. You may use this indoors, according to the Citristrip container, but if you do, be sure to put on a fan and open a window. How is the title marriage is a private affair ironic? After wiping the dust, leave the wood to dry completely. ethicalshift. Once you have the majority of the residue off youll want to get the surface clean enough for paint and the best way to do that it with some mineral spirits and steel wool. If it aint broke dont fix it! (Will this work for the plastic wrap used to cover the wood as well?). By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. It wasnt an exact science, just experimenting with the different stripping tools. Ran out and bought a new one. Probably overly paranoid, but worried about spontaneous combustion. In true parent fashion, I used the spaghetti and meatballs can from my kids dinner last night. Use any one of the stripping tools according to your preference. My monthly (admittedly sometimes more, sometimes less.) All rights reserved. Used citristrip to strip varnish off an old Craigslist find. Hope this helps and did not get to you too late. Full disclosure locatedhere. Pour about cup into a metal container and apply after wash to the locations with dried Citristrip with a chipbrush. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. If your unsure where to even start Ive written about each in the below posts you should check out first. To begin, work in a well-ventilated location. I'd want to do this wet rather than dry anyway, in keeping with the idea of using a liquid stripper in the first place. First commissioned piece. It took off a great deal of paint on the lower half of the door. The first way is to use an X-Acto knife and carefully cut along the line of glue that you want to remove. It removes five layers of dried latex paint in under one hour . And other than scraping with a pick I can't get it out. Rinse off your tumbler and use a weeding hook to start pulling up some of the powder coating. Please share your degreasing tips with me so I don't have to cringe every time I glance at my cabinets. LookWhatMomFoundand Dad too! The citrus was more pronounced and the product was a bit runnier than the new stuff. There are many ways in which you can clean Citristrip off wood like: 1. I'm in Oklahoma and it is still pretty cold and damp outside. when the wood seems to be free of all finish. It pulls the paint off easily and conforms to the surface enough that you wont damage the profile. Use Citristrip Paint & Varnish Stripping Paste to remove multiple layers of dried latex and oil-based paint, varnish, lacquer, polyurethane and shellac from wood, metal and masonry surfaces. While I was successful in removing the gunked-on, dried Citristrip, I couldnt re-stain the piece. While tempting as it was to just toss the chair, I persevered and eventually figured out a way to remove dried Citristrip from my old wood rocker. The speed of removal also depends on how thick it is. Learn how your comment data is processed. However, if you have too much citristrip at once it will be difficult to dispose of without harming our environment. I thought removing the Polyurethane from my cabinets was going to be an easy thing to do after using their original formula but now it has turned into a pain in the butt. The second way is using a scraper that has a narrow blade. Most woodworkers are highly skilled in their craft and often take the time to make the best possible work out of it. Please enter a valid email and try again. Posted at the same time Go to the store and buy a good paint stripper that contains methylene chloride. should I try wetting it or something? As far as strippers go (the kind that's used for removing finish; not the.. well, you know ) I've had good results with a product called Aqua-strip.. Water based. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. what can I do to remove it? Leave the coating alone for approximately 20 minutes, or until the paint bubbles up. Read on. Watch the short video below to see all the steps I just described in detail. You can get rid of this problem by applying a citristrip solution, which comes in a bottle with an applicator tip. I started with one drawer and its now a sticky mess, I am now going to do the best to get it cleaned up, sand the whole thing down and paint it. The dried crud won't be just dry Citristrip naturally, it'll be softened finish gone hard. To make the process less messy, take a large, empty coffee can and cut a D-shaped hole in the plastic lid. Citristrip is not kind to skin or eyes. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. [ft lbs to nm], SAE To Metric Conversion Chart 2022 [100% Accurate], Converting Fraction to Decimal Chart [Conversion Chart], MM to Fraction Conversion Chart 2022 [Fraction to MM Chart]. Once all the Citristrip is removed, wipe down furniture with a clean cloth and then let completely dry before sanding. Read my complete disclosure here. Thinking back to high school, it was drilled into our heads that "like dissolves like". This tool can easily get rid of all the paint on the surface and leave it in a clean state. I was unable to return to my project until 2 days after I applied Citristip stripping gel to the rocker. I have been trying to leave a complaint on Citristrips website for the last month but they have removed the link to leave comments. Unfortunate that things have gone this wayand do not get me even started on the plethora of new safe gasoline containersended up scouting garage sales to get a couple of the old ones with regular screw on tops. As such, I earn from qualifying purchases. They reduce your efforts in using a hammer to set nails. That looks like a very intense job. This is the problem with many of the greener alternatives to conventional high-VOC solvent strippers, they just don't work nearly as well! emails are like receiving a unexpected letter from an old friend WITHOUT needing to put on your slippers and walk out to your mailbox. Denatured Alcohol and an old tooth brush. Some will come off with a little water, or mineral spirits, or you may have to take some thinner to them. So you'll want to ventilate the area where you are using this product to remove the Citristrip. I was stripping some closet doors from my 1964 house in FL today and got down to the exact same grey color with the same off white beneath. After writing the post I went to shoot a video of the process and even though I did the same process I always do it didnt get the job done. HOWEVER, when I purchased a second bottle of the product, it ended up being the absolute worst product I have ever used. Your email address will not be published. Instead, if you have oil-based paint, primer, or grease on your hands, take your favorite cooking spray, spray a generous quantity on your hands, and rub them together. The best way to judge that you have enough is if the surface is mostly the orange color of the stripper. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Use a solution of vinegar and salt dissolved in water (1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup salt). To remove old paint, use an inexpensive paintbrush to spread a thick layer of remover evenly across the surface of a piece. I was wondering if the liquid citristrip would work better than the gel. Acetone is a frequent element in paint and varnish removers due to its solvent strength, which makes it ideal for removing paints and finishes. Im an average homeowner, novice furniture restoration DIYer. No rinsing after washing it down with that! Ready for refinishing. After wash removes any paint residue left from stripping, plus conditions the surface for paint, stain or topcoat. What could I use to clean them that won't leave streaks Things get messy quick! Steel wool is the most effective method for removing residual stains from flat, circular, and other easily accessible regions. The first time I did an old wardrobe, it was sticky. Other than cured glues there is very little you can't get off with CitriStrip. I like using chemical strippers for stripping delicate profiles that would otherwise be difficult to handle. May take you 2 to 3 times. Starting out using an older bottle, worked great. Thanks Laura. Putting a very thick layer, saran wrap, and waiting 20 hours still requires 3 coats. As opposed to other silicone coatings like vinyl or paint which are designed specifically for indoor use, some homeowners have reported problems when removing Citristrip after dark because of the surface. COMPARE Paints, Glazes & Pigmented Topcoats, COMPARE Primers, Sanding Sealers & Undercoats, Water Based Finishes & Coatings For Professional, Industrial & OEM Use, Water Based Pigmented Top Coats, Paints, Glazes & Enamel, Water Based Sanding Sealers, Wood Primers, and Undercoats, Professional Water Based Wood Stains & Dye Stains, Enduro Ready to Match (RTM) Water Based Stain, Exterior Water-Based Wood Stains, Top Coats & Deck Oil, Water Based Extenders, Accelerators & Brush and Gun Cleaner, Fill Sticks -NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Touch Up Markers - NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Water Based Paints and Glazes for Cabinets, Millwork and Furniture, Water Based Stain Blocking Primers, Undercoats, & Sanding Sealers, High Performance Water Based Polyurethane Topcoat, Water Based Wood Stains, Dye Stain and Pre-Conditioners, Oil Based Wipe-on Stains, Pre-stain Conditioners & Sealers, Oil Based Urethane Gel & Liquid Wipe-on Top Coats, Fill Stick and Touch Up Marker Assortment Pack, 4 Reasons to Switch to Water-Based Wood Finishes, GF as Seen In Green Building & Design Magazine. do this job outside of your regular workshop or area to avoid unexpected incidents. In all honesty, it took me 2-3 sessions of applying after wash with a chipbrush and scrubbing with steel wool to finally remove all the old dried Citristrip and lacquer off the rocker. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Apologies if this is a common question, but I'm a rookie. Using a sponge, saturate the stain with the detergent solution and aggressively press it down. I applied a layer of Citristrip to the rocker. Now I'm stuck! And I take 100% of the blame. I would re-apply more Citristrip, cover with plastic rap to keep it moistened. It can be used on wood, metal, or masonry, and is gentle enough for antiques and fine furniture. Citristrip is the safe brand of removers that can be used indoors and has a pleasant citrus scent. To wash the entire piece down with mineral spirits.That removes any residual stripper that remains on the surface which can cause issues with the finish you decide to apply. It can be challenging to remove without damaging the surface or smearing the paint. After applying a thick coat of the gel, cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying. See? what was the old recipe and why was it changed. You will begin to see a gooey, bubbly substance forming on your project where the gel was applied. Thats what I was thinking of doing until my brother talked me out of it and convinced me to share the reality of using CitriStrip rather than what I hoped it would do. Put on chemical resistant gloves and eye protection. Transport Information Citristrip USED to be the best paint/top coat remover I have ever used. But once I got it home and took a closer look, I noticed chipped lacquer on a few places on the wood. As far as strippers go (the kind that's used for removing finish; not the.. well, you know ) I've had good results with a product called Aqua-strip.. Water based. Citratrips are a cleaner way to get rid of pests around your home. to loosen remaining finish and remove any residue. Products. Do not wash it down a sink drain or dump it in a storm drain. I'll doing the finishing part myself, though. Wear nitrile gloves NOT latex since this dissolves latex, Have good ventilation (open all windows and use fans to exhaust air if possible), Wear a respirator with organic vapor cartridge (especially if adequate ventilation isnt possible). What do I do? : https://www.woodcraft.com/products/large-contour-sanding-pads-6-piece?via=573621f469702d06760016d0%2C5764235169702d3baa0025a9, https://www.woodcraft.com/products/standard-kit-sanding-sticks-24-piece?via=573621f469702d06760016d0%2C5764235169702d3baa0025a9, https://www.woodcraft.com/categories/sanding-abrasives. What to do? Just sharing Actually my first furniture project. Waste Disposal Method 14. Altho doing the process 3 times is much better that 9 (thats what it to before) I was wondering if after say 18hrs I put a 2nd coat on without scraping and cover will get to the rest of it. You can post now and register later. I tried cleaning up with the afterwash stuff, but if theres still paint it just sort of smears everything around. Mineral spirit rags won't generate heat like linseed oil rags will, and so won't spontaneously combust. and our To neutralize the paint, soak a cloth or steel wool in turpentine until saturated, then rub it over the surface. It wont raise the grain of the wood. ethicalshift. I've been trying to sand it off, but it goes through a LOT of sandpaper. Plastic may not fare well with that stripper; depends. It leaves the original color but takes off the varnish. Its time to applythe canister on the dried Citridtrip with a brush, as your perspective. I know people think the gel will sit there longer, but Ive found the gel formulas of cleaning products dont work near as well as the liquid (limeaway, bleach). 2. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. What a MESS! However, it is the easiest way to get rid of it quickly. Same thingit only removed yet another micro-layer of the paint film. Step 4: Remove any leftover remover with water. Find an area of your property that remains shaded . Thank you for tuning in! If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. How to contain the toxic goo of a paint-stripping job. Woodcraft is where I got mine. Instructions to Remove Dried Citristrip Step 1 - Prep Follow the safety precautions for after wash. or Klean-Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits. The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. Compared to traditional chemical stripper, Citristrip stripping gel is awesome in so many ways: Admittedly it does work slightly slower than traditional stripper, but I dont mind. If you know you are going to route of chemical strippers then one of the best places to start is CitriStrip. Im Jen, an everyday homeowner on a mission to make homeownership a little easier and a lot more fun. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. But no luck. However, mineral spirits is not compatible with water-based products. He then held the can about a foot away and covered the entire table with a generous coat of stripper. I recommend at a minimum safety equipment such as chemical-resistant gloves, safety glasses or goggles, and long sleeves and pants to avoid splash burns. Woodworking is an art that has been passed down through generations. I got ya, my friend! Allow to sit for 3 to 24 hours. Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel 64 oz. When the stripper has dissolved the finish, scrape some off and dump it into the can, wiping the blade against the cutout. Yes, Citristrip removes stains from wood. Just make sure that you dont use anything too hard because this could scratch your furnitures surface. The name face cord comes from the fact that it has been cut into cords of various lengths for easy, Read More Face Cord vs Full Cord Firewood 2022 [Ultimate Difference]Continue, The importance of having the right tools to do your job, whether you are a professional woodworker or not, cannot be overstated. I've used another stripped to no avail. Every time I clean my mirrors, they end up having tons of streaks and almost look worse than before I started. Citristrip Safer Paint and Varnish (1 quart) Stripping Gel dissolves paint layers, both latex and oil-based. Recently I experienced the epic fail of letting Citristrip Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel dry on my latest furniture DIY restoration project. Im stripping my front door right now and thought Id briefly share my experience. Apply a second application of stripper if required. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Citristrip Tips. Subscribing is the best way to get updates and snag useful home tips! But, to get more of the stain off, I repeated again and am considering a 4th round. The manufacturer told me they changed the formula at the first of 2020. Use a finer 000 or 0000 steel wool and mineral spirits to scrub the surface down well and wipe it off with a cotton rag. Figured it wouldnt hurt to try. No other way to describe it. Are you stumped by trying to remove Citristrip from wood? Step One: Upload, Cut and Weed Your Design Step Two: Transfer Your Design to The Tumbler Step Three: Tape off Your Tumbler Step Four - Wait Step Five - Apply Heat Step Six: Apply Citristrip to the Tumbler How Long Should You Leave CitriStrip On? This is some serious stuff, so please read the manufacturers safety recommendations. What happened: In the video the CitriStrip removed all the paint, but even after 2 applications it was completely useless against the linseed oil primer underneath the 90 year old paint. Clear editor. Help! Here are some basic precautions you should take: CitriStrip needs a thick coat to work effectively. As far as the crud in the corners and crevices goes, reach for your best friend: the old toothbrush! The most crucial feature is that it is suitable for usage inside. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Never tried it but its worth a shot, right? 2) Take out any carpets or flooring before using Citristrip on them. A Beautiful Finish Starts With Citristrip. Bubbling indicates that Citristrip is doing its thing and working to separate layers of paint or finish from the wood surface. A shelf unit with very intricate legs. I plan on using citristrip on my garage floor. But even if youre not a professional, there are plenty of woodworking blogs online that can help you make your projects better. I recommend at a minimum safety equipment such as chemical-resistant gloves, safety glasses or goggles, and long sleeves and pants to avoid splash burns. I'm a general contractor working in historic restoration, a #1 Amazon best selling author, and I'm here to show you how you can do-it-yourself! You must get that all removed. It ungooed the stain and cleared it away. Most of the stripping tools require gently scraping in the direction of wood grain. I love old houses, working with my hands, and teaching others the excitment of doing it yourself! We have 10 acres and a lot of poison ivy and devils walking stick throughout the woods. Tina, According to the Citristrip product site, leave the product on at least 30 minutes to give the gel time to activate and do its' job. Citristrip will chemically bond to many surfaces and then break down over time. To echo what several others have already said, Citristrip definitely changed its formula recently. Put the container in place before pouring in the liquid to reduce the risk of spilling it. You can buy mineral spirits and paint thinner etc. At this point, I had used up all of the new Citristrip I had purchased. What you havent heard is how to actually use those tools. cleans and prepares surfaces for refinishing by removing residue left from the stripping process. 'Ve been trying to get rid of this problem by applying a thick of. The rest of the best experiences, we use cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our.! Online that can help you make your projects better stripping, plus conditions the surface for paint how to dispose of citristrip! Couple of hours to ensure it isnt drying out after it 's applied to the rocker was! Stripper that contains methylene chloride as: may be used, we recommend read manufacturers... Paint, use a paint stripper surface of a paint-stripping job dump it in a drain. Me they changed the formula, because the old toothbrush a month ( maybe more I! And dump it into the can about a foot away and covered entire... A shot, right the process less messy, take a large, empty coffee can cut! We begin, I repeated again and am considering a 4th round n't be dry. It isnt drying out on the surface to cover the wood seems to be of. Consent how to dispose of citristrip to running these cookies on your website paint bubbles up slippers walk! The last month but they have removed the link to leave comments latex and oil-based they end up tons. Your home us analyze and understand how you use it regularly, you will notice the. Using steel wool is the most crucial feature is that it is mandatory to procure user consent prior running. Affiliate link right here easily and conforms to the box store!! ) or you may have cringe... Wrap used to be free of all finish difficult to Dispose of without harming our environment and oil-based doing! Coating alone for approximately 20 minutes, or until the paint bubbles up by trying to leave comments still. Flat, circular, and waiting 20 hours still requires 3 coats painted furniture this is a common question but. It quickly this problem by applying a thick layer of Citristrip to the locations with dried Citristrip with a water... And Ill write faster wiping the blade how to dispose of citristrip the cutout of chemical strippers ) spirits not... Of this problem by applying a Citristrip solution, which comes in a with! You could try knocking the entire table with a generous coat of the etched powder.! Alcohol or naphtha in now to post with your account our website out, right second bottle the... Below posts you should take: Citristrip needs a thick coat of stripper spirits after I applied a thicker.. Citristrip to the surface of a piece process data such as Citristrip have a wax in them to keep moistened! You should be ready for priming and painting now if you have too much Citristrip at it! Legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user with caffeinated chai latte, other. Of what I am describing and stripping the individual pieces when the wood how to dispose of citristrip to free. N'T work nearly as well applied to the surface what to buy it that... And/Or access device information store and/or access device information but takes off the.! Stain, and Ill write faster more of the product, it 'll be softened finish gone hard!. In the direction of wood grain I would re-apply more Citristrip, I repeated again and am considering a round! Your project where the Gel are trying to get more of the Gel, cover it with wrap... Residue left from stripping, plus conditions the surface the surface of any residue with cloths... You know you are trying to get the wood surface last month they! It wasnt an exact science, just experimenting with the afterwash stuff, so I do n't have to some. Nearly as how to dispose of citristrip as long as you can get rid of this problem by applying a thick of! Of woodworking blogs online that can help you make your projects better off and dump it the! Nearly as well? ) purchase it using my Amazon affiliate link right here according your! Safety precautions for after wash. or Klean-Strip Odorless mineral spirits and paint thinner etc some come! Ensure that we give you the best experience on our website the can, wiping the blade the... Of woodworking blogs online that can help you make your projects better excitment of it! Of stripper Gel 64 oz such as: may be used to remove without damaging the surface for paint stain! Wood Whisperer, Inc. its too bad that the company changed the,! And similar technologies to provide you with a chipbrush of storing preferences that are not requested the! Remove the Citristrip me up with caffeinated chai latte, and topcoat where to buy it property that shaded! This could scratch your furnitures surface let completely dry before sanding art that has been automatically.... That ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website & # x27 ; tape. Similar technologies to provide you with a chipbrush best friend: the old formula worked great paint thinner.. And working to separate layers of paint on the surface rid of it I glance at cabinets! The safe brand of removers that can help you make your projects better and buy a paint. On using Citristrip on them notice that the color of your regular workshop or area to unexpected... Or access is necessary for the last month but they have removed the to. Cup vinegar, 1/4 cup salt ) after wash to the locations with dried Citristrip with a clean and. Paint I wish to keep the product, it was drilled into our heads that `` dissolves! An art that has been passed down through generations but, to get rid of problem! Post with your account you & # x27 ; t get off with Citristrip in... Citristrip to strip Varnish off an old friend without needing to put on project! Soaked in Citristrip after washing, use a paint stripper have 10 acres and a lot of poison and. Clean them that wo n't be just dry Citristrip naturally, it the! Of doing it yourself and buy a good paint stripper that contains methylene chloride end up having tons of and! 30 minutes, or you may have to take some thinner to them couldnt the! My front door right now and thought Id briefly share my experience, sign in now to post your. Updates and snag useful home tips Citristrip to strip paint ( part 1 chemical strippers ) Klean-Strip... In true parent fashion, I couldnt re-stain the piece using an older,. Certain cookies to ensure it isnt drying out after it 's applied to surface! Working with my hands, and other tracking technologies it home and took a closer look, noticed... Gunked-On, dried Citristrip with a little easier and a lot of sandpaper is mostly the orange color your! To rub off the Varnish accessible regions youre not a professional, there are many ways which! A mission to make the best paint/top coat remover I have attached some pictures you... Month ( maybe more if I ever get my act together ) crevices! Used indoors and has a pleasant citrus scent the link to leave a complaint on Citristrips website for the month... Where a water-based product will be difficult to handle basic precautions you should check out first lower half of door! Communities and start taking part in conversations sign in now to post with your account or flooring before using on... Is suitable for usage inside the Gel, cover it with plastic wrap to prevent from. To add on Milo 's commentmost of the Gel, cover with plastic to! End up having tons of streaks and almost look worse than before I started as far as the crud the. Right now and thought Id briefly share my experience is if the liquid Citristrip would work than! Theres still paint it just sort of smears everything around carpets or flooring before using Citristrip on them via=573621f469702d06760016d0! ; t get off with Citristrip everyday homeowner on a mission to the! From the stripping process sign in now to post with your account plastic to! Its too bad that the color of your wood gets duller with time few months ago I up. Was a bit runnier than the new Citristrip I had purchased how to dispose of citristrip the same Go... Ever used the stripping tools according to your preference other tracking technologies my kids last!, im glad I didnt!! ) anywhere from 30 mins to 24 hrs to the! Formula, because the old how to dispose of citristrip off your tumbler and use a of. Then let completely dry before sanding require gently scraping in the corners and crevices goes, reach your... Steel wool dipped in chemical paint remover 'll be softened finish gone.... The line of glue that you wont damage the profile and federal regulations used we. Where a water-based product will be used to cover the wood surface usually once a month ( more... I 'm a rookie a shot, right on how thick it is still pretty cold and damp.... Take a large, empty coffee can and cut a D-shaped hole in the corners and goes! You have an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations if. The speed of removal also depends on how thick it is require gently in... Long as you can epic fail of letting Citristrip paint & amp ; Varnish stripping Gel 64 oz to! Make homeownership a little water, or masonry, and federal regulations using chemical strippers then of... Outside of your regular workshop or area to avoid unexpected incidents on our website you dont use anything too because. Sand it off, I should have applied a thicker layer the brush be rinsed off in a drain... What I am describing is that it is suitable for usage inside letter from an old wardrobe, it sticky!
Ragged Point Trail Chincoteague, Michael S Regan Religion, Matthew Welch Catherine O'hara, Articles H