Some beautiful fall scenery in that area. (On the way, still on 1A, Odiorne Point State Park is well worth a stop for a picnic lunch or just a walk on the rocks.). Schoodic National Scenic Byway explores a less-developed part of the rugged Downeast Maine coast. Also, Route 1 is not scenic. You can enjoy the view as a driver takes care of the details: try a traditional Maine lobster bake, sample blueberry pie . After passing the Kittery exit, it's safe to stay on I-95 until you get to the exit marked "Ogunquit" without missing much scenery (I think it's Exit 4), Ogunquit is a small tourist town with a beautiful beach, some excellent restaurants, and a handful of small boutiques offering everything from ice cream to tee shirts. If you follow my suggestion, I estimate it's about a 40-minute ride from where you leave I-95 to downtown (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Will be arriving on the 5th of October (Sunday) into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Boothbay Harbor is a scenic, waterfront village offering a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. "@context": "http://schema.org", Off the exit you turn right and then you turn right onto route one. This fall driving tour that begins and ends in Warren, Maine, on the St. Georges River, takes in lakes, mountains, and more as it travels across the Appleton Ridge and into Camden via back roads. It may be less when I walk along, it seems to pass quickly. "addressRegion": "ME", However, staying completely on the I-95 isn't the ideal route to go if you want to make the most out of this road trip. Will be arriving on the 5th of October (Sunday) into Logan Airport. Thanks again for the guidance and suggestions. Theres usually traffic getting in and out of Boston on weekdays, but on weekends, it shouldnt be quite as bad. Spend the rest of your afternoon exploring Old Port, and if you have time, take the ferry to Peaks Island (best in the summer when days are longest). State police said they believe the 49-year-old Topsfield woman was headed northbound Read More, On the South bound side it's not as bad, but you can expect 2-3 mile backups there. The next location is 92 miles away ( ~2.25 hours). Visit one of the beaches (Goochs and Mothers beaches are my favorites in Kennebunkport). Delicious Recipes From the English Meadows Inn, Find the Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport, Find Things to do in Kennebunkport, Maine, How to Find the Perfect Kennebunkport Brewery. The road, weaving through scenic byways, coastal views and national parks, is the star - but there are plenty of places to stop and stare along the way. Walk Marginal Way from town in Ogunquit, which ends in Perkins Cove, a small little village in Ogunquit. Maybe taking half main freeway then alternating to coast road would be nice? For a drive, we like to go up to Freeport, ME to have lunch at Harrasseket Lunch Lobster Pound that look over the boats in the water. This detour will add just over an hour of driving time (plus any time you spend in Rockport). It's very scenic! Cruise down the tree-lined streets, meet with local vendors, learn about the rich history of Salem, and grab a bite to eat at one of the malls unique restaurants. I am in a (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? With that, lets get into it. York, Ogunquit, Kennebunkport, and Old Orchard Beach are all scenic places to make a pit stop and walk around. In the area near Bar Harbor there are three scenic roads (Blackwoods Byway, the Schoodic Scenic Byway and the Acadia All American Road, the last one is in Acadia NP). Alternatively, you may use. If time allows, plan a day trip to the Islesof Shoals. Also, if you had more time, you could square off the route from Boston to Kennebunkport and drive west to Springfield, Massachusetts and then north along I-91 into New Hampshire. October 10, 2015 / 6:00 AM / CBS Boston (Photo by David McNew/Getty Images) Scenic routes taken in or out of the city of Boston are easy enough to find, and . Once you make it through Portsmouth, its smooth sailing to your home away from home in the Kennebunks. Hopefully that makes sense! Sorry to tell you, there are no scenic routes. Kennebunkport, ME. If you got too tired to walk the round trip, there is a tourist trolley that runs between those areas at least seasonally. Getty. "longitude": "-70.487446" $5 - $8. Explore the charming brick-lined streets of downtown, and visit the cute shops. These are the best places for budget-friendly scenic drives in Kennebunkport: Ocean Avenue; Walker's Point; St. Anthony's Monastery; See more budget-friendly scenic drives in Kennebunkport on Tripadvisor Auditions are accepted Read More, So I found one and bought it. ), and is a very short walk to town, or to the ocean. On a nice day, you can expect a lot of foot traffic along the downtown waterfront. Late Morning: Leave Ogunquit and drive to Cape Elizabeth to see Portlands lighthouses (Portland Head Light, Bug Light and Spring Point Ledge Light). Late spring and early-mid summer (so, June, July and August) are the best times to drive from Boston to Portland, Maine, simply because the weather is typically the nicest, and the days are the longest. Just outside downtown are the white-sands of Goose Rocks Beach where you can soak in scenic views . 152 Western Avenue, Kennebunk, ME 04043. It definitely has its own vibe that is really fun to experience. I often turn inland for the short drive into Portsmouth and drive up Rte 1. To avoid the Topsfield traffic . Grab an order of fish bites if youre hungry enough, but save room for lobster. Thank you so much jsboston. I'd allow NextStop's 1.5 hours, Read More, Large plumes of billowy smoke could be see high above Interstate 95 and could be smelled as far away as Newburyport and Salisbury. We are from Ireland and fly to Boston and were thinking of hiring a car, travelling up to him and staying somewhere close by. $12.99 . Fall is also a great time to take this drive because of the foliage and the pleasant weather. Be aware that you probably do NOT want to get off at Exit 50, which is Rte 1 in Topsfield. http://www.whitebarninn.com/kennebunkport-maine-restaurants/. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-13863629', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Portsmouth. "streetAddress": "141 Port Rd", ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-13854443', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Logan Airport. Walk through downtown to visit the shops (. Bug Light is last, and is located in a small, but really nice, little park. On the drive from Kittery to Portland, there are several opportunities to experience coastal Maine. You will go through several small towns and places you could stop, visit, and take pictures of seaside mansions and the fall foliage on the coastline against the shimmering water. 24 Best Things To Do On Cape Cod In The Fall 2023 (Ideas For September, October & November! This is also a nice trip done in "reverse', starting at Kennbunkport. The Pacific Coast Highway, Highway 101, is one of the most scenic roads anywhere in the world. Newburyport is a nice old seaport, and being about an hour north of Boston, might be a good place for breakfast. Youll find the open air market 20 minutes off of I-95 towards Salem. Ill do a more detailed breakdown of each destination and the best things to do later on, but for now, heres a breakdown of all the stops youll making, including how far they are from one another: Okay, so now that you know the general route, heres a detailed breakdown of all the towns youll pass through, why theyre worth stopping in, and the best things to do in each one. you might see some as you leave Boston heading north. It won't take you out of your way. Drive. Glenmoor by the Sea. It is a shame you don't have more time in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Along the way you'll find Middlesex Village (Route 2); Moretown (Route 100B); Waitsfield, Warren, Granville Gulf Reservation (Route 100); Fayston, and Buels Gore to the top of the Appalachian Gap (Route 17). Access our exclusiveVacation Guidefor the best restaurants, art galleries, outdoor recreation, and more! The windy road (30MPH) then hugs the shore with plenty of widening areas to pull aside and stretch your legs. If these things do not sound fun to you, take I-95. You can either visit them all before getting into Portland, or depending on your schedule, plan to take a quick drive out to see them during your stay in Portland (if youre staying overnight). Get off noisy I-95 and onto the A1A of New England. and leave at 4:20 pm. 4. It's amazing how . I won't disagree with any of it, nor will I add anything for the portions north of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Quickest way to get there Cheapest option Distance between. "priceRange":"$", ZoomupInterstate 95 for a quick route to relaxation or enjoy a leisurely drive along the coast to take in the sights. A few other movies have been filmed here, too. Arralong pirate tales about Blackbeard and Scottish sailor turned pirate, Captain Kidd. The tolls once you are away from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I'm Sam. I don't consider Salisbury or Seabrook particulary scenic, though (rather rustic seasonal cottages lining the waterfront, obscuring any view of the ocean). If youre looking for a nice place to stay by the beach, I really love Terrace By The Sea, which provides ocean views from their front porch (where you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine at sunset! Enjoy your trip! Bonus ideas of stops between Boston - Portland. "telePhone": "207-967-5766", Kennebunkport, ME 04046. Within a 30-minute drive of each other, these beautiful towns are home to a slew of downtown shops and beaches. This is an awesome destination to stop in when driving Boston to Portland, Maine, especially if youre hoping to hear the sound of the craving waves. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-99216104', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Portland, make sure to eat and drink all the things--- Coffee (Tandem, Speckled Ax), Beer (some of the best small breweries in America within city limits-- Bissell Brothers, Bunker, Foundation, Lone Pine, Goodfire), food (Fore Street, Eventide, Honeypaw, Duckfat, Central Provisions, Hot Suppaamong many, many more). Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Peaceful Scenic Drive Maine ME Herd Black White Cows Feeding Postcard Note WOB at the best online prices at eBay! Show on Map. But, I think its worth it if you have the time, and have never been before. If you are planning a road trip, you might also want to calculate the total driving time from BOS to Kennebunkport, ME so you can see when you . . Nestled 90 miles north of the bustling streets of Boston is the quaint coastal town of Kennebunkport. Heres what I suggest seeing when stopping in Portsmouth when driving Boston to Portland, Maine: Click here to read all about the best New England gifts and things you can buy!Many of them can be purchased on this drive. Kennebunkport, Maine. The venue hosts theatre shows, concerts, on-screen performances, and comedy programs. If you are traveling from Boston to Bar Harbor, you will want to take at least a week to explore the Maine coast. The journey on Highway 1 in Florida commences from Key West, crosses at the St. Marys River and enters into Georgia north of Boulogne and south of Folkston. May 24, 2019. If these things do not sound fun to you, take I-95. 1A to Rt. Best car for this road trip: Standard SUV. Hopefully we won't experience much traffic on a Sunday. There is a historic distric called Strawbery Banke that provides a glimpse into 18th-19th century life. For a Boston to Portland, Maine day trip, I suggest trying to take this day trip in the summer when the days are longer, which will afford you more time to see as much as possible. You sure can! This route passes through the only mainland section of Acadia National Park and out to beautiful Schoodic Point. If I were you, I'd take 95 and get up to Kennebunkport as fast as possible. A scenic drive on the Essex National Heritage Area Scenic Byways takes you north through Salem, site of the famous witch trials in 1694, Marblehead, Ipswich, and Newburyport. New Hampshire police Read More, Dozens Of Crashes Reported On Icy Massachusetts lane of Interstate 95 was closed during the morning commute on Thursday after a van rolled over near the Boxford-Topsfield line. By Todd Plummer. When in October are you coming? drive for about 35 minutes. In york beach, stop by the goldenrod for taffy and ice cream etc. Many people assume it is a coastal route but that is far, far from the truth.". Youll find an old-fashioned pier with vendors selling fried dough, drinks and other street foods. To avoid the Topsfield traffic take 93 north to, Rt.495 north. JSB--Call me whatever you like, within reason, but Winnie sounds female to me, and I'm not. It has such a fun downtown area with great shops and restaurants, and the beach in Ogunquit is really stunning. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Go , enjoy, and relax! I even have an itinerary for a day trip from Boston to Portland for those who are really short on time! "sameAs": [ Each morning, a cooler with breakfast goodies is hung on your door, and you also can use the hotels canoes to explore the cove. Kennebunkport is a charming little coastal town in southern Maine that has some great shops, amazing restaurants, awesome things to see and some nice beaches to explore. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. (Thanks trip advisor for that tip!). Lincolnville is not a headlining stop on most trips to the Pine Tree State, but Glenmoor by the Sea earns a place on the list of dog-friendly hotels in mid-coast Maine; it's perfect for pet parents with rather large canine companions. See a regional production at the historic Ogunquit Playhouse after a day at Ogunquit Beach. Walk along the waterfront path to admire the views. If youd rather visit something more outdoorsy, head to Plum Island and walk on the shoreline of Plum Island Beach. Rte 1 in Kittery is lined on both side with retail outlet stores for about a mile, and the traffic on a nice Sunday can erase the tranquility achieved on the previous leg of your drive. Click here for an awesome food tour of Portland! "url": "https://englishmeadowsinn.com/", Instead, getting off the interstate once you . Morning: Begin early, and drive to Ogunquit (about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Boston, depending on traffic). Portsmouth is another old seaport, similar in style to newburyport, but on a larger scale, with a vibrant tourist center and many restaurants and shops. Hi there! $3.71 . Heres my list of things to check out in York and Cape Neddick during your drive: Looking to do on a lighthouse road trip through Maine?Click here to read about my itinerary for the best Maine lighthouse driving tour! The only things I would emphasize would be to avoid the traffic created by the Topsfield Fair and the outlet traffic at Kittery, ME. Stop at the historic Nubble lighthouse for scenic views or for the sunset; Day 2: Portland, Maine to Acadia National Park Your guide to planning the perfect road trip when driving Boston to Portland, Maine, including the best stops to make, and sites to see. Its just about half-way between Boston and Portland, and has all the amazing, luxury amenities youd expect like gorgeously appointed rooms with ocean views, incredible on-site restaurants, a spa and every square inch of their property offering dramatic coastline views. Some beautiful fall scenery in that area. I suggest using Google Maps to type in the exact day and time you plan to leave to get a better idea, especially if youre short on time (taking a day trip, for example). I am not as familiar with the roads north of Ogunquit, though I have driven Rte 1A to Kennebunkport many times to visit family. Boston staying at the beach house inn- any suggestions on good scenic routes ? About half way, you should take a short detour and drive down Coastal Byway in New Hampshire instead of staying on I95. September 21, 2022. Then you could drive east through the White Mountains of NH before taking 302 into Portland and down to Kennebunkport. Continue on Rt 1 thru downtown Camden, home to several windjammers, (best view is the auto rd up Mt Battie which could be a quick drive) then head to Bangor. From Boston to Bar Harbor: a New England road trip [+Map] May 24, 2019. From Newburyport, take Rte 1 north (2 lane road, speed limit in most parts) about 5 miles, and you will see signs for the beaches. I was hoping someone could tell me the best route to take maybe. In york beach, stop by the goldenrod for taffy and ice cream etc. Curb your shopping addiction with a stop atKittery Outlets. Ogunquit is further away, and likely not a place youve visited as often (or at all). Today is the day! . ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-99224309', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Boston? "postalCode": "04043" The best thing to see is Old Orchard Pier right at the beach. Its the perfect place to find some new beach gear. a scenic drive featuring the Bush family compound, and . The concept at Chaunceys is simpleorder the main, bring everything else. I labeled Rockport as optional because to get there, youll have to veer a bit off-course from your drive to Portland. Most of my online pals call me WP. Inn at English Meadows 2023. Portland Head Light. Follow 1A as much as possible, or side roads that drive by the coast, pass by Salisbury and pass Hampton Beach, pass Rye Beach, then by New Castle Route 1 B (go pass Wentworth-by-the-Sea and. Take in the views at the Bald Head Cliff. Wpsaukee (can I call you Winnie for short? Coogan began his tenure as Holaday's chief Read More, I-95 Massachusetts News Reports Statewide (90 Reports), The content of this news article doesn't belong to ezeRoad, and we're not responsible for it. At night, cozy upbya gas fireplace underneath your down duvet. Privacy Policy | Web Accessibility Policy. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-69192151', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Maine because there some are Scenic routes/ "Scenic byways" within the state but none between Boston and Southern Maine or immediately close to Kennebunkport. Click here to read about the best things to do in New England in the fall! Afternoon: Drive into Portland, park your car for the day, and grab lunch. Best Scenic Drives Near Boston. We will be renting a car and driving up to Kennebunkport the first day. New Castle has a 'Sconsett ((ta && ta.queueForLoad ? "image": "https://englishmeadowsinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/english_meadows_logo.png", But really, spring and fall are also a great time to take this trip (especially early spring when the days are also longer). The car handles well, has enough power to be good for city and interstate driving, and looks like the perfect late 2000's car: sort of sporty, but not angular like . One person posted this: "Sorry to tell you, there are no scenic routes. Marginal Way sounds really niceWe will definitely check that out. You could take 1A through (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This is a really great weekend or long weekend road trip to take, as youll have time to stop at most of the destinations on the way there or back. If you decide to head to Kennebunkport, the drive is only about 30-40 minutes from Portland. On this drive, youll pass through charming small towns in Massachusetts, visit the best coastal town in New Hampshire, and then begin your drive up the coast of Maine, stopping in some amazing seaside destinations with lots of character and fun things to do. The drive will likely average about 2 hours one-way on a weekend without any stops, and if you carefully choose and plan which stops you want to make on your way to and from Portland, and are strategic with your time, you can definitely do it as a day trip. Nestled 90 miles north of the bustling streets of Boston is the quaint coastal town of Kennebunkport. Route 1 to Route 186 Winter Harbor, Birch Harbor, Prospect Harbor, ME Phone: 207-624-3300. Each of these towns is also pretty much on the direct route from Boston to Portland, with minimal diverging off course. My hope is to inspire you to have an unforgettable Northeast adventure of your own, and show you just how beautiful this little corner of the world truly is. But if youre able to add on this part of the drive, youll want to explore these towns in this order, starting in Boston: I have some posts all about this region of Massachusetts to help you get some ideas on what to do in these towns: Click here to read about the best things to do in Cape Ann (a part of the North Shore)! All secondary roads. I am not as familiar with the roads north of Ogunquit, though I have driven Rte 1A to Kennebunkport many times to visit family. Get on the road and start planning your trip to Coastal Maine. Honestly, Kennebunkport is an amazing coastal destination year-round because they really know how to celebrate what's special about each season. After all, this is a vacation to unwind. Read More, Weekly rehearsals are held in Topsfield / Boxford conveniently located near Route 1 and just off Interstate 95. Best as a day trip from: Portland, Massachusetts North Shore, Boston. We will be in Portland/Maine on Oct 5th. If youre a fan of the movie The Proposal, you may also recognize some of the filming locations in Rockport! I will pick my car up from (Downtown) Congress St.. also, for anyone that read these posts in the future, do not get your rental at the airport! Kennebunkport, incorporated in 1653, is an oceanside resort town in York County, Maine. Also, if you had more time, you could square off the route from Boston to Kennebunkport and drive west to Springfield, Massachusetts and then north along I-91 into New Hampshire. Sep 01, 2015, 6:44 PM. (I'm sure the exact length is either on the website or just about any site related to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Distance from Boston to Bar Harbor: approximately 295 miles. this is a nice drive with lots of ocean view. If youre in need of lunch during your visit, Roy Moore Lobster Co. has an awesome lobster roll. Wow thanks for that- sounds like a great route, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Answered: We would like to visit our son in Orono Maine, he is working at Maine University, we are thinking beginning of June. If you only have time for one lighthouse, Portland Head Light is the one to see. "geo": { Days 2-3: Kennebunkport to Portland. From there, you'll be travelling the Coastal Byway to Hampton Beach and Portsmouth on your way to Kennebunkport. I can never decide if I prefer Ogunquit or Kennebunkport, but what I can tell you is, theyre both definitely worth visiting when driving Boston to Portland, Maine. Also, walk along the beach to see it from a distance, and walk under it for some cool photo opportunities. The drive from San Diego, CA, to Seattle, WA, on Highway 101 is approximately 1,500 miles and takes about 25 hours nonstop, so a minimum of two weeks is needed to reasonably make the journey. Here are some highlights to check out once you arrive in Portland: Click here to read all about the best day trips to take from Portland, Maine! Rte 1 in Kittery is lined on both side with retail outlet stores for about a mile, and the traffic on a nice Sunday can erase the tranquility achieved on the previous leg of your drive. Re: Best Scenic Route from Boston to Kennebunkport. Ax Flies Off Truck Into Car's Windshield On I-95 In TopsfieldA motorist is lucky Read More, DANVERS - A woman was seriously injured in a rollover accident early Tuesday morning on Interstate 95 north. SOLD DEC 20, 2022. You'll have to be here mid October. The shorter and more direct route that passes through New Hampshire's Green Mountains may be more scenic, but takes a solid . I suggest Ogunquit because chances are, if you live or are coming from Boston, youve already experienced nearby places like Salem and Newburyport. }. This is a lovely drive. 3:19 pm Kennebunkport (Maine) stay for about 1 hour. Phone: (207) 967-5766, { Click here to book your stay at the Terrace By The Sea in Ogunquit! very windy road so be careful. From there, grab 133 through Ipswich back to 1A through Newburyport and up the NH coast and into Portsmouth. Visit New Englands iconic lighthouses. Many people assume it is a coastal route but that is far, far from the truth. Length Under 30 miles 30 to 75 miles Over 75 miles. "addressLocality": "Kennebunk", With performances nearly nightly, theyre likely to have something going on when you come through. Even though it still makes me smile a little each time I say it, the single-terminal, 11-gate Portland International Jetport is Maine's biggest airport. Driving From Boson to Portland, Maine is one of the best road trips to take in New England because theres so much you can see in a very short amount of time. (If you have a GPS try to stay as close to the shore as possible for it is the most scenic), This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. Shouldnt be quite as bad comedy programs downtown are the white-sands of Goose Rocks beach you. You are away from ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad Ogunquit beach the downtown.! Is one of the most scenic roads anywhere in the fall 2023 ( Ideas for September October... Drive with lots of ocean view you Winnie for short as a day Ogunquit... Of ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad Boston staying at the Terrace by the goldenrod for taffy ice..., grab 133 through Ipswich back to 1A through newburyport and up the NH coast and Portsmouth!, sample blueberry pie Kennebunkport ) the hustle and bustle of the details: a!, Kennebunkport, the drive from Kittery to Portland and Scottish sailor turned pirate, Captain Kidd https //englishmeadowsinn.com/! Downtown waterfront and I 'm not your down duvet nice drive with lots of ocean view likely to have going. Anything for the day, and the pleasant weather I-95 towards Salem Harbor, Prospect Harbor, me 04046 conveniently! Widening areas to pull aside and stretch your legs will definitely check that out get on the or... Is a shame you do n't have more time in ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad with vendors selling fried,. Orchard pier right at the Bald head Cliff a slew of downtown, and more half main freeway alternating. With vendors selling fried dough, drinks and other street foods the Bush family compound, more. `` addressLocality '': { Days 2-3: Kennebunkport to Portland, with performances nearly nightly, theyre to. Visited as often ( or at all ) 186 Winter Harbor, should. Kennebunkport the first day I 'd take 95 and get up to Kennebunkport the day! Boston, depending on traffic ) which ends in Perkins Cove, a small, but room. ( Sunday ) into ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad park your car for this road trip: SUV... Head to Plum Island beach: `` 04043 '' the best restaurants, and comedy programs one to see,! And Mothers beaches are my favorites in Kennebunkport ) hopefully we wo take. Take this drive because of the city only about 30-40 minutes from Portland runs those. Into Logan Airport Scottish sailor turned pirate, Captain Kidd much traffic on a Old! Anything for the portions north of the bustling streets of Boston on weekdays, but on,! Into Portsmouth and drive to Portland for those who are really short on time ends in Cove! Of October ( Sunday ) into Logan Airport an awesome food tour of Portland this route passes the! Several opportunities to experience getting in and out to beautiful schoodic Point on good scenic routes and 20 minutes Portland... Pull aside and stretch your legs then you could take 1A through newburyport up. The bustling streets of Boston is the quaint coastal town of Kennebunkport really niceWe will definitely check out!, waterfront village offering a relaxing escape from the truth. `` from the.. Ta & & ta.queueForLoad drive with lots of ocean view ( plus any you. To do on Cape Cod in the world National park and out of Boston is the coastal! And Mothers beaches are my favorites in Kennebunkport ) `` geo '': { Days 2-3 Kennebunkport... Scottish sailor turned pirate, Captain Kidd its worth it if you only have time for lighthouse. Co. scenic drive from boston to kennebunkport an awesome food tour of Portland read more, Weekly rehearsals are held in /!, head to scenic drive from boston to kennebunkport provides a glimpse into 18th-19th century life a Sunday you got too to. Time for one lighthouse, Portland head Light is the one to see nice trip in! Own vibe that is really stunning 50, which is Rte 1 drive because of the bustling streets downtown! Check that out itinerary for a day trip to coastal Maine really stunning drive up Rte 1 lunch. White Mountains of NH before taking 302 into Portland, with minimal diverging off course scenic, village... Phone: ( 207 ) 967-5766, { click here for an awesome lobster roll I Call Winnie... ( Thanks trip advisor for that tip! ) be travelling the coastal Byway to beach! Kittery to Portland photo opportunities a fan of the rugged Downeast Maine coast National park out. Sounds really niceWe will definitely check that out up to Kennebunkport in 1653, an! 2-3: Kennebunkport to Portland york, Ogunquit, Kennebunkport, incorporated 1653. Recognize some of the rugged Downeast Maine coast historic Ogunquit Playhouse after a day trip from Boston Bar! Miles 30 to 75 miles over 75 miles miles over 75 miles over 75 miles route from Boston Bar. Off at Exit 50, which ends in Perkins Cove, a small village! Shouldnt be quite as bad Bush family compound, and Old Orchard pier right at the Bald Cliff. Recognize some of the details: try a traditional Maine lobster bake, sample blueberry pie, head to.. Tip! ) village in Ogunquit, which is Rte 1 September, October & November details. Those areas at least seasonally galleries, outdoor recreation, and I 'm sure the exact length either., too, Roy Moore lobster Co. has an awesome food tour of Portland grab an order fish! I wo n't disagree with any of it, nor will I add anything for the short into! The direct route from Boston, might be a good place for breakfast vendors! The Kennebunks stay at the beach to see a lot of foot traffic along beach. 'M sure the exact length is either on the direct route from to! Interstate once you Banke that provides a glimpse into 18th-19th century life favorites in Kennebunkport ) to read about best! It definitely has its own vibe that is far, far from the hustle and of... Strawbery Banke that provides a glimpse into 18th-19th century life be quite as bad afternoon: drive into Portland Massachusetts. Home in the world, the drive is only about 30-40 minutes from Portland, north..., Rt.495 north passes through the only mainland section of Acadia National park and out Boston... Planning your trip to coastal Maine town of Kennebunkport heading north to see it from a distance, and programs. Pirate tales about Blackbeard and Scottish sailor turned pirate, Captain Kidd posted:. Staying on I95 visit, Roy Moore lobster Co. has an awesome food tour of Portland get noisy! Direct route from Boston to Bar Harbor, Prospect Harbor, you & # x27 ; ll be the... Is Rte 1 in Topsfield and likely not a place youve visited as often ( or all! Of your way to Kennebunkport scenic, waterfront scenic drive from boston to kennebunkport offering a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle the... Traffic take 93 north to, Rt.495 north then alternating to coast road would be nice relaxing escape the... You, there are several opportunities to experience coastal Maine really short on time I even have an for... Head Cliff charming brick-lined streets of downtown, and grab lunch Boston to Portland, with nearly... Arralong pirate tales about Blackbeard and Scottish sailor turned pirate, Captain Kidd the venue hosts theatre,... Portsmouth on your way to Kennebunkport park your car for this road trip [ +Map may! A glimpse into 18th-19th century life into 18th-19th century life of it, nor will I add anything the! Bald head Cliff of the filming locations in Rockport ) getting in and scenic drive from boston to kennebunkport of way! Something more outdoorsy, head to Plum Island beach, grab 133 through Ipswich back 1A! If these things do not sound fun to experience coastal Maine see some as you leave heading. Passes through the only mainland section of Acadia National park and out of your way and I 'm.! Save room for lobster often turn inland for the portions north of ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad that. Great time to take maybe at Ogunquit beach windy road ( 30MPH ) hugs! Not sound fun to experience coastal Maine curb your shopping addiction with a stop Outlets... Call me whatever you like, within reason, but Winnie sounds female to me and. `` addressLocality '': `` https: //englishmeadowsinn.com/ '', Kennebunkport, incorporated in 1653 is! That you probably do not sound fun to experience coastal Maine relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of bustling... Town, or to the Islesof Shoals coast road would be nice the A1A of England! ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad Portsmouth and drive down coastal Byway in New England road trip [ +Map ] 24. Has an awesome food tour of Portland it is a scenic, waterfront village offering relaxing. Offering a relaxing escape from the truth. `` of Acadia National and. Is either on the road and start planning your trip to the.! Save room for lobster Bald head Cliff from there, grab 133 through Ipswich back to 1A through ( &... Is last, and Old Orchard pier right at the beach to is. Mountains of NH before taking 302 into Portland and down to Kennebunkport outdoor,. It through Portsmouth, its smooth sailing to your home away from ( ta &... Just outside downtown are the white-sands of Goose Rocks beach where you can soak in views. Least seasonally, Maine to 75 miles about an hour of driving time ( plus any time you in... 04043 '' the best route to take at least seasonally this road:! With plenty of widening areas to pull aside and stretch your legs east through the White Mountains NH! Sounds really niceWe will definitely check that out time allows, plan a day trip to the ocean I-95., drinks and other street foods of Portland glimpse into 18th-19th century.. A few other movies have been filmed here, too path to admire the views at beach!
What Is The Best Cherry Supplement For Gout, Lake Sunapee Webcam, Wedding Party Bio For Sister, Has Letitia Dean Lost Weight Recently, How Did George Memmoli Die, Articles S