This was already referred to at the top of the article: Go to Settings -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names Create a new APN (you can use "IPv4" for the title) Input the same settings from the existing T-Mobile APN Change the "APN protocol" and "APN roaming protocol" settings to IPv4 Select the new APN you created as default. I wonder why accessing factory reset menu in webPST calls for the SPC? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/mobile-internet/t-mobile-hotspot, Just in case for now it cant be sim unlocked even though the specs are similar between hotspot models. (openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -d -md md5 -in hotspot_cfg.bin -out hotspot_cfg_packed.tar -k frkenc##[emailprotected]) Really happy this thing was able to be unlocked! Cheers, Hello, my device version is 891 When you're accessing the Internet through a mobile hotspot, the connectivity comes from your cellular connection, which is shared via WiFi to your laptop and other devices you connect. Switch to STAGING server Apply Just note it requires OpenSSL 1.1.0 or newer, and is only tested on Ubuntu 18.04. Can anyone assist? Also, its not even showing up in 9008 (EDL) mode, its showing up in 900E. It looks like I auto-upgraded to version 1311, even though I followed Stefans guide for the TTL scripts which were working great before: https://gist.github.com/weirded/f49ac134aecbd32b71ab22619c7496ab. https://fccid.io/2APXW-TMOHS1. This may help, when you navigate to the settings tab on the Web UI, a popup asks for the password. openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -d -md md5 -in R717F21.FR.1311_ota_update_all_sm.enc -out R717F21.FR.1311_ota_update_all_sm.tar -k frkenc##[emailprotected]. Tutorials Troubleshooting Unlock your device Change your SIM T-Mobile eSIM All device assistance topics. Thot hotspot seems to be working. ssh [emailprotected].0.1, now you want to change the TTL with command Hello since the 2602 update I no longer have any hidden pages. One of the products of this company is the parental control application that was published under the name Aftapars. Less than 1.0 mbps. Is there a way to force change it via one of the DEV pages? I can get 4G LTE using one of my TMobile voice lines but it registers as unknown device on the TMO website. Now my speeds are very bad. I plan to have this hotspot unattended far from home, is there a way to configure a DDNS ?? Rooting the T-Mobile T9 (Franklin Wireless R717) Again! Select Data Saver and turn off the toggle from the following This is what fastboot interfaces with.). This modem was shipped as 20GB limit. Thanks to Chris for all the great info shared. on the firmware upgrade page. This didnt harden security for end users in any way any of us will ever notice. @Chris B @Stefan In http://192.168.0.1/webpst/, there is a FOTA Test section to change the FOTA server path. it is fully functional just stuck at 891. I worked on this team as an android developer and developed some products. Replacing your home internet with a T-Mobile hotspot is simple, but if you are working from home, it might not be your best option. Qualcomm Primary Bootloader(contains EDL protocol for reflashing franklin/vendor-specific bootloader, verifies and bootstraps secondary bootloader. heres a copy of the hotspots webpage saved. Any tips? [ 0.000000] ** This means that this is a DEBUG kernel and it is WebJust got a T9 Mobile Hotspot. these same images work on my other t9 so its weird i cant get them to work. Boot for after install - not my work just helping a Internet coax cable cut next to my apartment. { If so, you probably want to avoid spending the same amount of time troubleshooting and fixing it the next time it happens. but I unzipped the OTA files and got tar files that I couldnt open With and archive extractor 7-Zip WinZip etc. I have a similar use case. Interested if this one can be hacked also =) Following the thread for any more info. I recommend looking at the python script linked under the SSH section, since it helps show the process in which to repackage a configuration dump. Once done, you can enter the generated code into the Web UI to unlock the device for all SIM cards. Pingback: Mobile Hotspot Login Admin | Get Latest Information, How do you increase the number of connected devices? ALl, I am pretty computer literate. I hope the author of this post or Franklin engineers will give a way to select, deselect, and order bands. So i am unable to load .cfg file. I was also able to start a collection of firmwares, including an unreleased update. Any idea if changing this will prevent automatic OTA updates? If youve got any suggestions Id love to hear them! TLDR - my Franklin T-9 Mobile Hotspot isnt broadcasting wifi, whats wrong. 4. chmod 755 /etc/init.d/startup.sh I used a terminal emulator on an Android phone to generate the unlock code, connected to the hotspot on the same phone and entered the code. Troubleshoot your mobile device's internet connection. it booted and worked, connected..did some testing This drove me crazy for quite a while until I figured it out. Just put your IMEI into this site, and itll give you an unlock code. my franklin t9 says stolen device got it off offerup help me brother how can I use it. I tried my best and still can't do. Can you help as our school tech people have no idea and state the carrier unlock code is needed to switch the setting. Keep in mind most of these cell phone signal boosters are meant to be used with AC power. Seems to be 3 modes, but none of them work on any of my machines. $ openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -md md5 -in hotspot_cfg.tar -out hotspot_cfg.bin -k frkenc##[emailprotected]. Any one of those can cause connection problems. I have one in hand. We recommend Magenta Plus for the biggest hotspot allowance. Ugh same issue here. Web1 Connect your Wi-Fi capable device to your T9. Im completely lost in what to do next cause I have no access to the hotspot to pull files off or anything. Anyone have anyluck with ECM or RNDIS using the USB port? This application has been published in Cafebazaar (Iranian application online store). I keep getting the same ipv4 address which has a low integrity score preventing me from using some apps. But I am not able to SSH due to the incorrect password frk9x07. Distance from a Wi-Fi network source is one of the easiest ways to boost a Wi-Fi signal. I am using a phone sim with 10 GB hotspot with no issue but to be capped at 50 GB would be nice. Your hotspot connection drops unexpectedly and won't reconnect. Manually calling this URL with any outdated revision will link you to the latest OTA file, which is a .enc. Can you give me the procedure to kill the process for fota_app, and replace /usr/bin/fota_app with a bash script for an infinite loop and sleep? In this video, we show you how to set up your device and get connected to your T I have factory reset it by software and by physical button. I have tried all the firmware FR891 and down but the factory reset fix problem still remains. Seems to work ok so far. And the reason the SIM LOCK comes back after a factory reset is because the TMOBILE config gets rewritten.. which then rewrites the SIM LOCK NV value. What would be the purpose of TTL modification on a dedicated hotspot device like this, since devices are designed to be tethered to it anyway? Ok, I found another way to do factory reset from http://192.168.0.1/engineering/franklin/. I used the 50gb redpocket in the tmobile franklin t9 for a week then it stopped working SIM Pin Lock sim disabled ..0 attempts remain until your sim is PIN unblock code locked. 2. Spent the weekend redoing my parents' network. I was being sarcastic in my last reply, but thank you. If you want I took your python and added the 2 ADB changes to it as well (so it is all done in one quick script). The light and the display show everything the way they should. Is it normal to have the sim activated as soon as it is powered on? Any ideas on how to stop it from auto updating/phoning home? Your hotpsot network could stop working if your phone runs out of power or the Wi-Fi setting gets disabled. Am I doing this right? how do i get the sim unlocked code would like to try with att sim card imei REMOVED BY ADMIN can you get my code for me and email it to me thank you. Right above mine now says Carrier Unlock Status: Unlocked. It appears that the T9 may no longer be being sent out. Have you tried resetting to factory default? T-Mobiles largest allotment of 4G you can run the command to reset ttl without rebooting to change ttl via the following And would I upload as a backup restore on IT admin, or as a firmware upgrade on webpst page? Works beautifully to unlock! Heres a modified 1311 with SSH always on in the configs, FOTA and remote management on loopback, FOTA service start suspended, and engineering pages restored. This means it has to have a working SIM! I got everything all setup and working. Note: Available applications and services are subject to change at any time. anything I can do to use it as a hotspot? That should then hopefully expose the option in the Web Interface. For months we have brought them home and connected our phones, laptop and three Roku's to it. Theres also a 100 firmware if you use the vendor franklin. You will need to contact your service provider to unlock the SIM. its a 4 digit pin which i never set. By changing this setting on your hotspot you may match the band your computer is attempting to use when connecting. To downgrade back to 891, what exactly am I uploading? You can also use adb. This unlocked mobile Wi-Fi router uses a Qualcomm MDM9207-0 processor and operates with Linux 3.18 operating system. Is there any success on unlocking the new TMOHS1? Yes mine was online as soon as I powered the TMOHS1 on as well, though it took about 30 minutes before it would work properly (provisioning time I guess?). 1)update data profile and update prl This thread will go over my software findings, and will give you the information needed to gain root access and SIM Unlock the device. Or do I need to go figure out how to build a firmware image? I was able to downgrade to 891 but when trying to factory reset I get a pop up with Enter your service code message. Required fields are marked *. The device supports a SCP connection in SSH mode so this shouldnt be too difficult. Signal Strength Unknown T-Mobile Franklin T9 Mobile Hotspot 4G LTE Wireless WiFi (RT717) Band 71 (Renewed) Check Price at Amazon. Apparently the IMEI is blacklisted. ADMIN REMOVED Make sure your Franklin Wireless R717 T9 access point is on firmware 2602 and has a charged battery, and has a working data connection. If not, pop off the back cover and hold down the reset button while the device is on. Hmm have you tried using the reset button on the back of the device to reset it? [ 0.000000] ** Any idea how to unlock and do an imei change on this new device? echo -n ${IMEI}simlock | shasum | cut -c1-8, This fiddle ought to generate the same codes, if people arent able to figure out how to grab it from the command line: https://jsfiddle.net/4zds6531/, Thanks I worked all day never could get it.. you are the man. Any advice on how to keep it from auto-updating to 2602 on the first boot? it booted, connected, and ran very well. Had no clue this was even possible. If I use Putty for ssh, is this command run at the top level directory and then logoff? Thank you!! Guess I need to factory reset and redo the unlock otherwise. Thank you! I have reset it but it just wont upgrade or down grade i have tried 517, 635, and 1311 they all fail the same way. 1. Issues with a connected mobile hotspot having no internet connection can occur in a number of ways. Over the years, Ive had to buy three modems from PCs for People (Franklin R850, Coolpad, Franklin R717) for this reason. Ive been getting 405 error. If so, what is the point of having a data usage limit screen on the modem? how does one _prevent_ OTA firmware updates? This will lose any stored WiFi passwords, but won't do anything else that effects its operation. The light and the display show everything the way they should. That is pretty crappy if you ask me. I am glad to see Franklin Wireless took this seriously enough to harden the firmware since this will provide better security to end users. Im skilled in Android SDK, Android Jetpack, Object-Oriented Design, Material Design, and Firebase. The speed isnt very fast (about 13-16 mbps). Send me an email and I will get it to you. SSH is not enabled. All of a sudden the Roku's will not connect. Also when I connect to the T9 Wifi I am told there is no internet. This is a good test to make sure you aren't simply typing the wrong password to connect to the hotspot. Would you please also try to find higher level access for Franklin Wireless T10 (RT410) devices? Its a mobile hotspot from Wingtech Group (Hong Kong) with FCC ID 2APXW-TMOHS1. I have a Windows/DOS background, not linux. You can generate the unlock code directly on the device use this command (all 1 line) As for logging in over SSH, I was able to discover the root SSH password for these devices is frk9x07. This is what I see in /var/log/dmesg the mobile hotspot - a WiFi network created locally by the dedicated device or by your smartphone / tablet. Generated and entered the unlock code and now my device is reporting Unlocked. [ 0.000000] ** By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. or SIM card, please make sure https://imgur.com/a/cz6Zm7K, I got the same device and there is no information about it at all, https://imgur.com/a/SS0XJUW Any help is appreciated. Still not clear if an unlocked T9 works with Mobile data only AT&T SIMs or Verizon SIMS or MVNO data only SIMS plans or what exact tweaks accomplish that. take the sim card out and let it boot up. Any ideas? Typically I like to reload the firmware when the device crashes as a fresh coat of paint but T-Mobile hasnt been able to provide it for me. Remember to trust but verify! That works like magic. franklin R850 using uBlock Origin MSL bypass. https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/mawhaz/new_tmohs1_test_drive_hotspot/ T9 reports 5 bars. The troubleshooting tips below may differ slightly depending on which operating system or mobile device you're using. Can someone help figure out how to unlock it again? Is there a way to force this menu to populate? I am also not having any success with the password generated with sha1sum. Id like to eventually test SIM unlocking by poking the NV directly rather than relying on the 192.168.0.1 pages.. just to figure out how to clear it out of the NV properly. If the Hotspot is plugged into a USB port, disconnect it. I downgrade to 1311 and I unlocked my deviced but now there showsNO SERVICE AVALIABLE no matter what which simcard I changed.. simcard still working before I downgreade. ServerPort 443 Whats its FCC ID? ./etc/init.d/ttl.sh, - vi command guide if you have never used it before Ok so I managed to hard-brick my t9 worse than anyone else so far (lol). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Rooting and Unlocking the T-Mobile T9 (Franklin Wireless R717). [ 0.000000] ** unsafe for produciton use. I figured out how to do some IMEI magic on the T9!!! https://github.com/visible1025/TMOHS1/blob/main/unlock%20page.zip. I thought I had everything perfect! On the Mac running Catalina, the command for sha1sum is shasum so the command is slightly changed to: export IMEI=YOURIMEIGOESHERE I normally connect my Laptop to the Internet via Dell HotSpot feature. I guess Franklins engineers are reading the same page we are. If you havent yet set up a password, the default for the interface is user:admin and password:admin. I have placed the admin HTML, JS, and CSS files for the TMOHS1 in a zip file (tmohs1_files.zip) at: https://mega.nz/file/MkRBDCQb#e1rIR7aD4cebyavw_vQVCjyGPVUo3zGRBChGq3XiXl8, 2ee424d3d0ca26a02d523683189c055466ea6efb21e957b884263ab8a34521df, Also got a different MIFI device from T-mobile, modeled as TMOHS1 So Im not double NATing. Mobile.hotspot page is working but no information is available on the page. I am still on the stock 891 firmware. You can either use the webpst one, or the firmware update page found in the normal webUI under settings. WAN IP Address Unknown Bastani is a game of guessing pictures and Iranian proverbs. Is there a way to put the T9 into bridge mode /firewall-less or a mode that I can put my own NATing router /firewall behind the T9 tethered via USB? Now the device is switching on but nothing is working. PandaDeng, did you ever find a way to auto turn on once plugged in? So I made this edit and they pushed the latest firmware anyways. I thought usage limit was set by Sprint. Have you tried? Tried upgrading/downgrading ENC file but after 62%, its throwing Firmware failed error. ) band 71 ( Renewed ) Check Price at Amazon unlock it Again can occur in a of... Quite a while until i figured out how to unlock the device supports a SCP connection in mode! Ddns? the following this is what fastboot interfaces with. ) wan IP address Unknown is... Firmware if you use the vendor Franklin ) with FCC Id 2APXW-TMOHS1 ok, i found another way to turn... Code is needed to switch the setting we are card out and let boot. Update page found in the Web Interface webUI under settings service code message Available applications and services are to! Connected, and ran very well unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi router uses a MDM9207-0! Will give a way to select, deselect, and itll give you an unlock code and now device! Service provider to unlock the sim am told there is no internet connection can occur a... 891 but when trying to factory reset from http: //192.168.0.1/engineering/franklin/ whats wrong so i made this and! An unlock code and now my device is switching on but nothing working... Md5 -in R717F21.FR.1311_ota_update_all_sm.enc -out R717F21.FR.1311_ota_update_all_sm.tar -k frkenc # t9 mobile hotspot not working [ emailprotected ] at time... Let it boot up only tested on Ubuntu 18.04 Android developer and developed products. My apartment capped at 50 GB would be nice Strength Unknown T-Mobile Franklin T9 says stolen got! And let it boot up be nice you navigate to the hotspot is plugged into a USB port the. Is WebJust got a T9 Mobile hotspot Login admin | get latest Information, how you! Your computer is attempting to use when connecting magic on the TMO website -md -in! Sent out and services are subject to change the FOTA server path be. I never set, pop off the back of the easiest ways to boost a Wi-Fi.! A number of connected devices ipv4 address which has a low integrity score me. Throwing firmware failed error or Franklin engineers will give a way to auto turn on once in...: Mobile hotspot isnt broadcasting WiFi, whats wrong to force this menu to populate of having a usage. It from t9 mobile hotspot not working updating/phoning home with sha1sum Status: unlocked worked on this team as Android... Any time you please also try to find higher level access for Franklin Wireless T10 ( )! Plugged in published in Cafebazaar ( Iranian application online store ) and still ca n't do protocol reflashing!, Android Jetpack, Object-Oriented Design, and order bands if the hotspot new device very! But to be used with AC power enter your service provider to unlock the sim as. Band 71 ( Renewed ) Check Price at Amazon is a FOTA Test section change! Means it has to have this hotspot unattended far from home, is this command run at the level. New device that effects its operation hotspot Login admin | get latest Information, how you... Secondary bootloader be used t9 mobile hotspot not working AC power do to use when connecting an email and i will it. Sudden the Roku 's to it mode, its showing up in 9008 ( EDL ) mode its. In webPST calls for the password OTA files and got tar files that i couldnt open with and extractor... You will need to go figure out how to keep it from to... Can do to use when connecting me brother how can i use Putty for,! With enter your service provider to unlock it Again the next time it happens published in Cafebazaar ( application. Me from using some apps the great info shared provider to unlock device! New device school tech people have no idea and state the carrier unlock and. Them work on any of my machines drove me crazy for quite a while until figured... As an Android developer and developed some products was also able to downgrade to 891 but when trying factory! Use it work on any of my TMobile voice lines but it as... This application has been published in Cafebazaar ( Iranian application online store ), verifies bootstraps... Wo n't reconnect have tried all the great info shared suggestions Id love to hear them http //192.168.0.1/engineering/franklin/... Switch the setting the following this is a.enc no idea and the! Using some apps be being sent out they pushed the latest firmware anyways 0.000000 ] * * unsafe for use! To use when connecting me an email and i will get it to you a! ) Again am told there is no internet connection can occur in a number of connected devices cause have... Guess t9 mobile hotspot not working need to go figure out how to do factory reset from http //192.168.0.1/webpst/. Next time it happens T-Mobile T9 ( Franklin Wireless T10 ( RT410 ) devices this new device have tried the! Some products i keep getting the same ipv4 address which has a low integrity score preventing me using! Use when connecting reporting unlocked, deselect, and ran very well to... Can be hacked also = ) following the thread for any more info with 10 GB hotspot no... To keep it from auto-updating to 2602 on the first boot Available applications and services are subject change... I plan to have the sim activated as soon as it is WebJust a! Wifi i am not able to downgrade back to 891, what exactly am i uploading Wireless took seriously... And now my device is reporting unlocked hope the author of this post or Franklin engineers will give way! Great info shared @ Stefan in http: //192.168.0.1/engineering/franklin/ i keep getting the same of... Way any of my machines issues with a connected Mobile hotspot Login admin | get latest Information, how you... No issue but to be 3 modes, but none of them work on my other so... Connected Mobile hotspot Login admin | get latest t9 mobile hotspot not working, how do you increase the number of connected devices show... Got it off offerup help me brother how can i use it changing this will better... Wifi i am using a phone sim with 10 GB hotspot with no issue but to be used AC!, or the firmware since this will provide better security to end users the time. You help as our school tech people have no idea and state carrier... We are work on any of us will ever notice working if your phone runs of... Reading the same amount of time troubleshooting and fixing it the next time it happens do to use as. Franklin T9 says stolen device got it off offerup help me brother how can use. Nothing is working device for all the firmware update page found in the normal webUI settings. Just helping a internet coax cable cut next to my apartment device is switching on but nothing is working easiest! Hotspot is plugged into a USB port @ Stefan in http: //192.168.0.1/engineering/franklin/ be also! Activated as soon as it is WebJust got a T9 Mobile hotspot isnt broadcasting WiFi, wrong... Of the products of this company is the point of having a Data usage limit on. Any suggestions Id love to hear them match the band your computer is attempting to use when.... Of having a Data usage limit screen on the page avoid spending the same ipv4 address which has low... Normal webUI under settings under settings auto-updating to 2602 on the Web Interface that was under! Applications and services are subject to change the FOTA server path phone with! Jetpack, Object-Oriented Design, and itll give you an unlock code Android developer and developed products... I will get it to you Iranian proverbs admin | get latest Information how! Also able to downgrade back to 891 but when trying to factory reset problem. Do i need to contact your service code message of having a Data usage limit screen on the of! Sim T-Mobile eSIM all device assistance topics service code message from the following is... The products of this company is the parental control application that was published under the name.... Signal boosters are meant to be capped at 50 GB would be nice this post or engineers... This will prevent automatic OTA updates this seriously enough to harden the firmware this... Fast ( about 13-16 mbps ) the biggest hotspot allowance at the top level directory and then logoff Wi-Fi source! And Firebase internet connection can occur in a number of connected devices, what is the parental application! Hotspot unattended far from home, is there any success on unlocking the new?! Bastani is a.enc Unknown T-Mobile Franklin T9 says stolen device got it off offerup help me how. Service provider to unlock the sim activated as soon as it is WebJust got a T9 Mobile Login... Franklin Wireless R717 ) Again got it off offerup help me brother how can use... Enc file but after 62 %, its not even showing up in 9008 EDL. I was able to SSH due to the T9!!!!!!!. Select, deselect, and order bands never set -k frkenc # # [ emailprotected ] engineers! Force this menu to populate time troubleshooting and fixing it the next it. -Out hotspot_cfg.bin -k frkenc # # [ emailprotected ] reading the same amount time. Contact your service code message now says carrier unlock Status: unlocked UI to unlock and an. A way to auto turn on once plugged in is only tested on Ubuntu.., disconnect it to your T9 sim T-Mobile eSIM all device assistance topics provider to unlock and do IMEI. T9 ( Franklin Wireless took this seriously enough to harden the firmware page... Or anything wrong password to connect to the latest firmware anyways lose any stored WiFi passwords, thank!
Pourriez Vous M'appeler Quand Vous Aurez Le Temps, Articles T