The team decided to create multiple areas for relaxation on the big property. Eight new episodes feature stars including Gwyneth Paltrow , Kevin Hart and Josh Groban,. He said: Everything to do with the project comes out of our pockets.. Kris Jenner's Backyard Retreat Surprise: With Drew Scott, Jonathan Silver Scott, Roger Canevari, Kendall Jenner. Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, and Kendall Jenner team up with Drew and Jonathan to surprise family friend Lisa with a renovation. After making their plans, the Property Brothers gotto work -- with some manual laborfrom Kris and Kendall on the jackhammer! Kris though cried when she told Lisa how important it was for her to help her. Most of the shoes and redesigns are already done on sponsorship not just HGTV Dream Home and any kind of link to a celebrity probably provides more opportunity or sponsorship., Another user suggested that the entire point of the show is for the celebrity to foot the bill. The brothers are back for more episodes of the HGTV series in which they link up. "Lisa's just the best. Kris and Lisa have been friends for 42 years, as they shared on the show. All rights reserved. In fact, Kris's youngest daughter Kylie Jenner has a spot there, Kim Kardashians $60 million Axel Vervoordtdesigned mansion is nearby, and even Kourtney Kardashian's ex Scott Disick nabbed a Hamptons-inspired getaway in the area. Drew and Jonathan also decided to add a custom pergola for Lisa. Drew and Jonathan also built an additional firepit next to the pool, giving the Lisa family plenty of options for entertaining. The Show Is Filmed in Different Parts Of The Country. I was very hands-on in the design process, Khlo previously told AD about the Calabasas house she designed with Martyn Lawrence Bullard. Kris said she felt she had been given a gift to help her friend and Lisa said she was excited about the next chapter of her life. Therefore, it makes sense for them to pay for the costs, right? The pair talked to ET's Rachel Smith about who . "Not what I expected from a supermodel, but she's definitely got a super swing," Drew said. Kim & Kris Renovate Friend's Home After Tragic Loss on 'Celebrity IOU', 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Reunion: The Biggest Revelations, Brad Pitt Gets Emotional While Renovating a Friend's Home on 'Celebrity IOU', By signing up, you agree to our Celebrity IOU will return next week on HGTV. The pool was made of the same material as the walkway, so the whole area has a cohesive feel. Kris said Lisa really loved their home and would like a 'modern ranch vibe.'. Kendall, who was also in the car along with Kim, said she grew up idolizing Lisa. "It just means to me that her and my husband are talking, and he's telling me to move forward, because he knows I'm having a very hard time.". Kim joinedthe team for the final touches, sharing how excited she is to provide Lisa with "apersonal space that she can go outside and feel like she's alive again. On the other hand, Kris is, surprisingly, a bit more trusting. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. The feel-good series is one of the most exciting shows in the lifestyle and home makeover sub-genre. Across from the fireplace, the Scotts built Lisa an expansive outdoor kitchen. Given the publicity the brands would receive from the show and the popularity of the Scott brothers, that is certainly plausible. Lisas home was in a great location, but she didnt have the time or ability to work on her yard, which was almost entirely vacant (save for an empty swimming pool). Celebrity IOU became the highest rated for a first year series in early 2020. The HGTV show hosted by Property Brothers Jonathan and Drew Scott featured Kris, 65,choosing to help her longtime friend Lisa with a backyard renovation. Lisa had just purchased a modest house in Hidden Hills and used her savings to renovate the inside, but the outside still needed major work. Despite the willing contributions and invaluable insights the celebrities provide, one question fans of the show have pondered over is if the celebrities pay for the renovations. Celebrity IOU premieres Monday, June 21 at 9 p.m. on HGTV . The HGTV show hosted by Property Brothers Jonathan. 1. They asked for family to pitch in and said they could take as many hands as they could get and show up in the morning for the backyard demo. Lisarecently returned to the secluded community in the Santa Monica Mountains following the deaths of her husband and mother, and remodeled a modest home -- but she didn't have much left over for the exterior front and backyard. Celebrities like Brad Pitt, Jeremy Renner, and Zooey Deschanel guest-starred in season one, and the Kardashian-Jenner family continued the trend of the star-studded appearances in the season two premiere on Monday. "It's amazing to see someone who is extremely successful be grounded enough to always remember the people who helped them get there," Jonathan, 41, previously told PEOPLE in a statement. Drew and Linda are pregnant! The decision was a no-brainer as Lisa had been Kris' best friend for 40 years and she recently lost her husband, the love of her life. 'I love Lisa with all my heart so this is the least I could do for my beautiful friend to help her heal,' Kris said to the camera. Sign up now for news, inspiration, and special offers. ', Lisa said the outside 'was way better than what was inside.'. Kris said Lisa was like an aunt to her kids and had always been so giving and loving with her family. The Kardashian-Jenner family starred in the season two premiere of "Celebrity IOU." HGTV Kim Kardashian West, Kendall Jenner, and Kris Jenner were on the season premiere of "Celebrity. Over 36 million viewers tuned in to watch the builder brothers assist. While the backyard pool wasnt in terrible shape, Drew had the idea of moving it further back to make it even bigger the second time around and to make space for an integrated spa (more on that later). Season 2 of Celebrity IOU returns on HGTV June 21 at 9PM ET/PT. Kris said she was also impressed by Jonathan and Drew that she never thought they worked as hard as they did. The people who buy these houses are getting a steal of a deal because theyre getting hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of furniture and all this extra stuff, top quality materials from the decking to the tile, you name it, Jonathan added. Lisa said the renovation gave her a new energy for the next chapter of her life. ', Kim said to the camera that Lisa has had a really 'hard few years and she honestly has been there for us through everything since we were born and she needs a retreat. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. Together, the Keeping Up with the Kardashians stars and the Scotts will help surprise Lisa, Kris' close friend of 40 years, by renovating her backyard and transforming it into a breathtaking oasis. Originally seen on HGTV Canada, this 10-part series features siblings Billy Pearson and Carolyn Wilbrink, who grew up on a family farm and use their professional renovation prowess to upgrade and modernize farmhouses that have seen better days. Jonathan said that he found Kim's excuse 'convenient.'. The new space had an outdoor kitchen, outdoor fireplace, and large pool. HGTV Approved Season 2 of 'Celebrity IOU' in May 2020 When Was the Show Filmed? Stay up to date with what you want to know. Her husband and mother passed away in 2020, and Lisa bought the house for a fresh start. On the latest episode of "Celebrity IOU", Jonathan and Drew Scott team up with the Kardashian-Jenner family to surprise Kris Jenner's longtime friend Lisa wi. "I grew up idolizing her," Kendall said of the longtime family friend, whoKris says is like an aunt to her kids. Sign up for notifications from Insider! Furthermore, there are no similar reports mentioning some of the other celebrities doing the same. She told Jonathan and Drew that Lisa's husband about seven or eight years ago got really, really ill. 'She had to sell her house,' Kris said. In the third episode, actor Justin Hartley transforms his friends back yard. She said Lisa moved out to the valley in 1994 and that Kris visited her in 1995. The two, alongside Kim Kardashian West, join Drew and Jonathan Scott for a labor of love on Celebrity IOU. Those tireless Scott twins, Drew and Jonathan, return with a new season of their latest hit, in which they help some of their famous acquaintances pay it forward to a special deserving someone in their lives with surprise renovations. 'I just felt you had given everything in your heart and soul to your husband and I just felt you needed this to move on,' Kris said. Although Jonathan revealed who is responsible for the invoice in their previous household renovation spinoffs, it is unclear who pays for the renovations on Celebrity IOU. "She just hasn't done anything to it, and I don't know if she had any intention to do it.". "I think I'm busy that day," she joked. She told the cameras that she met Kris in their early twenties when they were both getting a manicure. Jonathan and Zooey bought a house! Season 2 of the Property Brothers stars' HGTV series Celebrity IOU is returning on June 21, PEOPLE can exclusively announce. 'It was really, really sad to go through that with the love of her life.'. , updated Lisa screamed when she saw the finished outside. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. While Lisa worked on the interior of the home, the outside was in a disheveled state with no signs of changing anytime soon. Kris and Khlos new homes are apparently still under construction. Jonathan said she always answered his calls and they called back and she did. Her work has appeared in Womens Health, AFAR, Tasting Table, and Travel + Leisure, among others. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. And in the latest episode, the Scott brothers don't waste any time in bringing out the big names with Kris . So who actually pays for the Celebrity IOU renovations? --laying sod, digging a new pool and using a crane to lift in mature olive trees and massive patio equipment. Earlier this year, Drew and Jonathan Scott's show Celebrity IOU became the highest-rated first-year series in HGTV history. 'She was swinging the sledgehammer, not what I expected from a supermodel,' Jonathan said. Got a tip, kitchen tour, or other story our readers should see? 'Her and my mom are really big gossipers,' said Kim of Kris' relationship with Lisa. Celebrity IOU: Zooey Deschanel joins boyfriend Jonathan Scott to renovate her best friend's home, Celebrity IOU: Allison Janney rewards her longtime assistant Ilana with an amazing home makeover with the Scott Brothers, Celebrity IOU: Justin Hartley helps out with demolition and chooses finishes for friend's renovation, Celebrity IOU: Rainn Wilson reverts to Dwight Schrute character with shirtless demolition for nanny, Pavement where disabled woman gestured at cyclist before fatal crash, Wheel of Fortune contestant answers food puzzle wrong, Incredible footage of Ukrainian soldiers fighting Russians in Bakhmut, Pro-Ukrainian drone lands on Russian spy planes exposing location, 'Buster is next!' Lisa was even more stunned when she saw the backyard transformation with a roaring fireplace, her new pool and the outdoor lounge. Kris Jenner and children Kendall and Kim Kardashian shocked their longtime family friend during the season premiere Monday of Celebrity IOU. 16:00, 22 Jun 2021. 'I'm not sure I would be here if I didn't have her through this terrible, terrible time,' Lisa said. It is unclear how much (if any) money Kris Jenner spent to gift her best friend Lisa Miles with the oasis of her dreams after the loss of her husband and her mother. Lets find out. Actress Allison Janney is then seen in episode 2, giving her assistant a space where she can cook and entertain. "She's always been so giving and loving with my family."'. Last summers acclaimed true-crime docuseries, based on the late Michelle McNamaras best-seller, returns with a follow-up episode that marks a year since the guilty plea of Joseph James DeAngelo, aka the Golden State Killer. The Property Brothers took an almost completely bare space and built out the rectangular pool bordered with marble, with a corner hot tub that created a spa-like feature. The renovations are a gesture of gratitude from these celebrities to their loved ones. As Kim toured the outside she said 'my heels are a challenge today.'. & 2023 CBS Studios Inc. and CBS Interactive Inc., Paramount companies. 'She's definitely got a super swing.'. In the opener, Kris Jenner (Keeping Up with the Kardashians) is joined by daughters Kim Kardashian West and Kendall Jenner to gives Kris BFF of 40 years, Lisa, the outdoor renovation of her dreams. "I'll be there for her forever.". We figured Kris had a few family members she could call on for help, and they definitely delivered: Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner were ready to step in and help Kris give Lisa the yard of her dreams. 'I know this will be a new beginning for you,' Kris said. Khlo has confirmed that she doesnt sit back when it comes to her home. As she navigated the loss of her husband after a long illness and moved to a new home, Kris and her daughters decided to give back in a big way. "This is where her memories of her husband are. "To come back and see this oasis, I just know that this is the happiness I really need, and I'm looking so forward to it all," she said. Kris also pitched in and operated a jack hammer to break up the concrete while wearing a plaid shirt and safety glasses. "This gift from her, it's such a gift of love," Lisa said of Kris choosing her for the Celebrity IOUhome makeover. The first four episodes of Season 2 averaged over 17.5 million viewers. It also had not been taken care of, so it was full of debris before the renovation. In a 2017 Facebook Live video, Jonathan Scott revealed that while HGTV covers the cost of shooting, he and his brother pay for every renovation that we see on their shows. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. But do the celebrities pay for Celebrity IOU? 'She has kind of had that disconnect from everyone. Kris focused on making the space functional for Lisa's extended family, as she often hosts her children and grandchildren for parties. See more on this season in the video below. The Property Brothers are about to get Goop-ed. The fireplace was framed by olive trees, which are Lisa's favorite trees. Fans are invited to visit HGTV's digital platforms for additional fresh content from the new season of Celebrity IOU. The couple has their eye on a $20 million mansion, but they don't have the funds to cover the entire cost of the renovation. "This is so beyond anything I could have expected," Lisa said of the renovation. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. HGTVs Celebrity IOU series came back on our screens on December 14th, with actress Zooey Deschanel appearing as the first guest of the season. Lisa acted as an aunt to the Kardashian-Jenner kids throughout their lives, so she's close with the entire family. Drew Scott and Jonathan Scott will star in another season of Celebrity IOU, with Gwyneth Paltrow starring in an episode. Most of the stars may live in the Hollywood area now, but that certainly isn't where a lot of them are from. The new space had an outdoor kitchen, outdoor fireplace, and large pool. The four-episode season 2 is back, with the first episode showing Zooey Deschanel surprising her best friend with an open concept renovation. GRV Media Ltd, 18 Mulberry Avenue, Widnes. It is their way of thanking this special person, and the various celebrity appearances have become a trademark of the show. Kardashian West, Kendall, and Kris worked with the Scotts to give Kris' longtime friend Lisa the backyard of her dreams. Ad Choices, The mother-daughter duo bought immaculate side-by-side mansions last year, but the prices of these placeswhich are both still under constructionhave just been revealed, Inside Kim Kardashians Growing Real Estate Portfolio, The reality star and entrepreneur has racked up a collection of luxury homes and has even enlisted Tadao Ando and Kengo Kuma to design for her, This New Jersey Lake House Showcases a Love of Japandi Style, The 1916 bungalow on the water is a place of tranquility, inside and out, Paris Hilton Is Renting a Tuscan-Style Beverly Park Mega-Mansion for Six Figures Per Month, The hotel heiress and new mom's latest pad was last listed as a $160k monthly rental, Tommy Hilfiger Lists Palm Beach Mansion for $48 Million After Mere Weeks of Ownership, The fashion designer purchased the landmarked property for $37 million less than a month ago. "To come back and see this oasis, I just know that this is the happiness that I really need, and I'm so looking forward to it all.". Drew and Jonathan Scott launch a second season of their hit Celebrity IOU with a jolt of Jenner/Kardashian reality. Drew said that she always screened his calls and Kris laughed 'sorry not true.'. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2023 Distractify. The outdoor kitchen, which is covered by a pagoda, has a grill, refrigerator, and built-in trash can. "This. They also brought in 60-year-old olive trees and drought tolerant plants and stones for the property. Click here to see all of the items featured in this episode. "The renovations [on Celebrity IOU] are so unique because they're so rooted in this deep history that the celebrities have with these different people," added Drew, 41. What I found different is budget or cost is not talked about. Therefore, it is likely that the shows network HGTV covers some cost of the renovation. Lisa had lost her husband and her mother in the same year, and so in an attempt to move forward, she purchased a new home in Hidden Hills, California. Keep up with your favorite shows delivered to your inbox! Its different not hearing the Property Bros say opening up this area will need a new beam at $15,000. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. The gated community located in the Santa Monica Mountains region next to Calabasas is dominated by the Kardashian clan. Lisa said she knew Kris back when she was an airline stewardess and revealed the momager had been her rock when she recently endured a very difficult period losing her husband to a brain disease. Kris told Jonathan and Drew as they drove to the house that Lisa was the reason that she moved to Hidden Hills. She said that the house needed a new path, while Kris commented that all the plants outside appeared to be dead. 2023 Cond Nast. Actress Allison Janney is then seen in episode 2, giving her assistant a space where she can cook and entertain. Stars Drew Scott Jonathan Silver Scott Victoria Tonelli See production, box office & company info Watch on HGTV S1-5 Go to hgtv.com More watch options Entrepreneur and celebrity icon Kris Jenner wanted to help her friend Lisa, who had recently moved back into the neighborhood after her husband passed away. It's a Property Brothers and Keeping Up With the Kardashians crossover! ", "She's the one where, if I had a baby, she was at the house two days later with dinner for everyone," Kris agreed. Two of reality TVs more popular subgenres, renovation shows and cooking competitions, keep churning out new titles. Drew and Jonathan Scott launch a second season of their hit Celebrity IOU with a jolt of Jenner/Kardashian reality. Kardashian West and Kris revealed the renovation to Lisa alongside the Scotts. Cord 3m, Product Code: Ext. The Scott brothers also brought in a large wooden dining table to host grand dinner parties, complete with white chairs that complemented the neutral palette. The family then went to the backyard where Kendall said the existing pool 'needed a lot of love. Subscribe to our new podcast, PEOPLE Every Day, to get the essential celebrity, entertainment and human interest news stories Monday through Friday. This #CelebrityIOU show is good @hgtv , WATCH CELEBRITY IOU ON HGTV EVERY MONDAY AT 9 PM ET/PT, AND GET FREAKY WITH US ONINSTAGRAMANDFACEBOOK, Screenshot: Celebrity IOU, Season 2 Episode 1, Zooey Deschanel's Stunner, HGTV. When they pulled up to the house Lisa had no idea that the show was going to help her transform her property's outside. The 'Property Brothers' talk about the Kardashian-Jenners appearing on 'Celebrity IOU' and which one is the most destructive. Before the renovation, Lisa's large yard was mostly bare. Kris Jenner and children Kendall and Kim Kardashian shocked their longtime family friend during the season premiere Monday of Celebrity IOU. ..Just to have a personal space where she can go outside and feel like she is alive again will just mean everything to her.'. The celebrity foots the bill with likely discounts from the sponsors and product owners. As Kris explained, Lisa has been her friend for over 40 years, and is actually the person who inspired her to move to the family's hometown of Hidden Hills, California.