As he walks away he smiles at the camera. Pauley Perrette, who plays Abby on NCIS, offered prayers to Bennington's friends and family. If you or someone you know needs help, call 988 to reach the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. The Rock sent "luv, strength & light" to Bennington's family and bandmates. A wife lost her life partner. Rapper Pusha T thanked him for "sharing (his)greatness," while band American Authors praised his music and "incredible voice," calling him a "legendary singer. The Farrah Abraham Congratulates Matt Baier, Slams Amber Portwood! Paramore's Hayley Williams said her "heart hurt" in a series of tweets about the news. On July 20, 2017, he was found dead at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California; the coroner concluded that he had died as a result of suicide by hanging. Bennington had been open about his struggles with depression and addiction over the years, but friends and family say he showed no outward signs of struggling in the weeks leading up to his death. Chester Bennington had taken his own life. Both Bennington's and Cornell's deaths have been ruled suicides by hanging by Los Angeles County and Wayne County medical examiners, respectively. Paul Stanley pleaded with those who need help to reach out. On April 20th, Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington committed suicide. Just hours before Chester Benningtons death by suicide, the Linkin Park frontman was filmed laughing and joking around with his family, showing that depression doesnt have a face or a mode, his bereft widow said. The tragic, unexpected death of Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington was ruled a suicide by hanging on July 20, when his body was discovered in his Los Angeles Choose one of the browsed Chester lyrics, get the lyrics and watch the video. On Tuesday (Dec. 5), further. According to test results obtained by TMZ, Bennington had both alcohol and MDMA in his system. Billboard is a part of Penske Media Corporation. We think he was murdered, we just have to find out who was behind it, said a police source. Jul 24, 2017 Category Music. His 15-year-old son, Draven Bennington, also spoke out against suicide this week in videos posted on behalf of National Suicide Prevention Week. The Linkin Park band member had in the past "Literally the most impressive talent I've ever seen live," she captioned her photo of Bennington,"Vocal beast! The world didnt just lose a man capable of articulating frustration, anguish and triumph. The 41-year-old Chester died of an apparent suicide in August 2010. ", Timbaland said he was sending his "thoughts and prayers.". Limp Bizkits Fred Durst also remembered him on Instagram, sharing a picture of the pair with the words Gonna miss you, while Placebo warned on Facebook of the life-threatening nature of the twin demons of addiction and depression. Chester Bennington's Wife Says She Cheated On Husband? WebChris Cornell's death and chester Bennington's death on chris cornell's birthday 2 months later affected me a lot. I want to make a commitment that I will talk to someone before I hurt myself when Im feeling depressed, sad or going through a hard week, month or year, he says as his dads song, Numb, plays in the background. 0:55. Precious actress Gabby Sidibe cited Linkin Park's song My December,saying it "pulled (her)through many times," while Joss Whedon felt a connection to A Thousand Suns. Hunter, Geoge. Ligature marks were found around Cornell's neck, and the cause of death was determined to be suicide by hanging. Cornell died on 18 May 2017 in his hotel room after a concert in Detroit, while Bennington passed away at his Palos Verdes Estates home on 20 July 2017. After reports surfaced Thursday of Chester Bennington's death, the Twittersphere was quick to respond with heartbroken tweets and kind words. Draven added, "I want to challenge you to do the same: To help yourself, not hurt yourself.". In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255. Jones apologized and retracted the claim after a man intent on "rescuing" children went to the pizzeria with a rifle in December 2016 and opened fire inside. He loved us SO much & we loved him, she tweeted along with the video that included the hashtags #fuckdepression and #MakeChesterProud. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington's death has been ruled a suicide by hanging as confirmed by the Los Angeles County coroner's office. Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst, who has worked with Bennington,had a simple message: "Gonna miss you. The only answer I know is to raise our babies with every ounce of love I have left," Chester's widow Talinda Bennington previously shared with E! This material may not be reproduced without permission. The report reveals that Bennington may have been under the influence of multiple substances at the time of his death. He loved us SO much & we loved him. After reports surfaced Thursday ofChester Bennington's death, the Twittersphere was quick to respond with heartbroken tweets and kind words. OneRepublic tweeted in all caps, "this BREAKS OUR HEART. The movie did poorly with the critics, yet it did well at the box office. After swallowing a rotten eggs flavored one, the father of six dramatically pounds on the table and pretends to throw up while a childs squeal of laughter can be heard. An earlier version of this story reportedMDMA(ecstasy) was also detected, though TMZ now asserts that after Benningtons blood tested presumptive positive for the drug, two subsequenttests disproved this. ", Contributing: Kim Willis and Bill Keveney. He was 41. LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington Commits Suicide On Pearl Jam Issues Heartfelt Statement On Chris SULLY ERNA Says New GODSMACK Music Will Be More Chicago Open Air Crowd Chants Fuck Nickelback Edmonton Black & Doom Fest - Black Mourning Light EYEHATEGOD Announces Left To Starve Summer Tour. Autopsy findings are characteristic of suicidal hanging, deputy medical examiner Dr. Christopher Rogers report reads. However, the alcohol was detected only in "trace amounts," and two follow-up tests did not detect any MDMA in Benningtons system. "CHRIS CORNELL Was Going to Expose 'PedoGate.'" "Police Report: Cornell Told Wife, I Am Just Tired.'" The New York Times. Jimmy Eat World tweeted a message of condolence and another encouraging people who are struggling to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. The beloved singer leaves behind a wife and six children. On 21 July 2017, the junk news website Your News Wire (now News Punch) published a story reporting that Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington, who passed away on 20 July 2017 in his Palos Verdes Estates home near Los Angeles, had been murdered in similar fashion to his friend, Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell, who died two months earlier. "We can never know someone's pain," he wrote. Detroit News. The video came almost two months after the 41-year-old took his life at his Southern California home while his band was touring with their latest album. Back on July 20, E! At one point, his widow informed authorities that Bennington had attempted to take his own life in 2006 after drinking heavily. I discovered chris cornell's music a few years later with soundgarden and audioslave's music being constantly on my playlist. In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14. He was 41. According to TMD, Bennington's close friend and his wife had set up the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation for neglected children and also worked with a number of charities that worked with children rescued from child trafficking networks.During his charitable work, Mr. Cornell had discovered a "black book" of names for an Elite pedophile ring that was part of a global child abuse network.Sources close to Cornell revealed that he was planning on going public with the names shortly before he was found dead. As the world mourns the death of Linkin Park's singer Chester Bennington, the circumstances surrounding his death are shrouded in suspicion.His death was ruled as a suicide by police after he was found hanging at his home in Palos Verdes near LA on Thursday morning, despite the lack of a toxicology report or an official Los Angeles County coroner's verdict. Don't miss a beat. Investigator Randy Cody is among those questioning the suicide ruling. 2023 E! "Chester Benningtons Death Echoes That of Friend Chris Cornell." Chester Bennington performing in June 2017. How do I pick up my shattered soul? Others were simply devastated. All of us at WBR join with millions of grieving fans around the world in saying: we love you Chester and you will be forever missed.. Chester would've wanted us to do so. People alsothanked Bennington for his contribution to music. Elvis Duran tweeted a photo of him and Bennington, captioned with lyrics to a Linkin Park's Heavy. Coroner confirms cause of Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington's death The 41-year-olds death is being treated as a suspected suicide after he was found dead Many celebrities, including other musicians, sent their thoughts to his loved ones, including Chance the Rapper, who called Bennington's death a "tragic ending," sending condolences to his family, friends and bandmates. Ryan Seacrest sent his"thoughts and prayers" over the "tragic loss.". Related artists: Chester bennington, Chester charles bennington, Chester french, Chester see, Kevjumba, nigahiga, & chester see Chester Bennington died of suicide by hanging and was found on the morning of July 20th in his Palos Verdes Estates home in Los Angeles County, a week We had a fairytale life and now it has turned into some sick Shakespearean tragedy. Strang concluded his statement by urging anyone who might be suffering from thoughts of suicide or self-harm to call .National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). We feel your loss as well. ", The Glitch Mob said they were "having a moment of silence" for Bennington, and Nikki Sixx of Mtley Cre said he was "in tears" over the loss of "such a sweet and talented man. The tragic, unexpected death of Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington was ruled a suicide by hanging on July 20, when his body was discovered in his Los Angeles home. He was interviewed for a Detroit News story about theories surrounding the singer's death by fans unsatisfied with the suicide ruling, which is where Your News Wire lifted this information from. As with many sudden Friends and family of Chester Bennington said they were in absolute "shock" over the rock star's apparent suicide and stressed that they believed he "was in a good place in his life". A Los Angeles County Coroner's Office report - obtained by E! Cornells widow, Vicky Cornell, tweeted yesterday: Just when I thought my heart couldnt break any more..I love you.. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. "He knew something about [his death] that really troubled him", The friend of Bennington's also noted that Cornell's passing had deeply affected Bennington, but that he was far from suicidal and was looking for a way to "shine a light" on the truth behind his friend's death. On July 30, Chester was honored at a private funeral near the South Coast Botanic Garden in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., where family, friends and musicians paid their respects. Via NeonNettle, Reviews - Interviews - Promo - Radio Play, This site requires Javascript to function properly - please enable Javascript in your browser. Its likely not a coincidence that Bennington killed himself on what would have been Cornells 53rd birthday. A prescription bottle of Zolpidem (the generic version of the sleep aid Ambien) and a small amount of beer was also found in Benningtons bedroom. He is a blogger who runs The Metal Den web site, where he occupies himself coming up with various theories to prove Cornell was murdered. The findings, published through TMZ, show a trace amount of alcohol in the singers system at the time of death. Again! A piece of supposed evidence cited by Cody is a head wound he believes he saw in a YouTube video of Cornell's last performance at Detroit's Fox Theater on 17 May 2017 and an unverified recording of radio traffic in which a medic claimed to have seen a wound on the head of an unnamed victim. The cause of his death remains unknown, but sources close to the family say he had been battling a long list of health problems, including an addiction to prescription drugs and alcohol. Chester Bennington: five of his best Linkin Park performances, Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington soothed the angst of millions, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. How do I move on? Because Bennington, a husband and father of 6, died by suicide. A beacon of light and hope is what you will always be to us. According to TMZ, he hanged himself. Close to two months after the Linkin Park singer died at 41, his teenage son is appearing in a powerful video that features an important message.