Home Find Recipes Listing Videos; Holidays Recipes . If you prefer to cook a bigger standard bone in ham, you might like this Glazed Ham with a Honey Orange Glaze. Editor's Note: Originally Published March 19, 2016. Youve created the perfect holiday menu for your familys upcoming gathering. As we all know, when preparing a holiday meal, oven space is at a premium. Thank you so much for stopping by! All of us who have had to prepare a big dinner know how much that helps when there are so many other dishes fighting for some oven space. Place ham into a 6-qt slow cooker. Pack the brown sugar on top of the ham, pressing into the cloves. I love creating quick and easy, family-friendly, real food recipes to share with y'all and make your lives easier. Cover slow cooker with lid and set to LOW. Remove the ham from the packaging, discarding any plastic cap and/or glaze or flavoring packet. Add the pop and pineapple with juice to the bottom and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Brown Sugar Ham Glaze made from brown sugar, orange juice, honey, and spices is the PERFECT addition to a holiday ham and only takes 5 minutes to make! Serve on hamburger buns. Its also the best for making any leftover ham recipes. Use toothpicks to cover surface of ham with pineapple rings. | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel , SCCPVL610-S, Lifver 15-inch Porcelain Embossed Rectangular Platter/Serving Plates, Set of 3, White, SET OF TWO (2) - Elegant Regency Line Tabletop Flatware Serving Meat Fork, Serving Utensil, Buffet Banquet Serving Forks, 18/8 Gauge Mirror-Polished Stainless Steel, See More Holiday Recipes at Julias Simply Southern, Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole, 2.5 lb Boneless Sliced Ham (Smoked precooked, like Kentucky Legend). Next purchase coupon offers are not available to earn . Make your sandwiches by splitting the rolls, spreading with mayo, adding a piece of cheese and ham. Cooking it in the slow cooker makes the meat moister and more flavorful because it cooked longer. Pour the glaze over the ham, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Precooked whole spiral-cut hams with bone in are probably the best hams to use because that glaze can settle into every slice. You can test them by smelling them if theyve lost their fragrance, thats a sign theyre expired. Crockpot Ham is a fabulous staple recipe to have in your arsenal. The good news is that thawing in the refrigerator doesnt need to lead right up to cooking time. While you are here, take a moment to subscribe. The outside of the ham will typically have a layer of fat beneath the skin. While reheating leftover ham with your microwave is possible, microwaves also tend to remove a lot of the moisture, drying ham out. Hi Suzanne, These small hams are super easy for a meal any day of the week and priced reasonably. CROCK POT HAM & POTATOES : 8-10 potatoes, sliced & peeled 1-2 c. cubed or deli sliced ham 1-2 c. grated cheddar cheese 1 can cream of celery or mushroom soup Diced onion, to taste . Brush the ham with a generous amount of honey, about 1-2 tablespoons. Whisk to combine. Just add pineapple juice to the slow cooker instead of wine. Is it okay for me to place this in the crockpot in the morning 8 am, cook it for the about of time listed, and leave it on warm in my crockpot until dinner time? Place ham inside crock pot, flat side down. She is a prolific quoter of FRIENDS, lover of weekend DIY projects and procrastinating fitness enthusiast who enjoys exploring the Milwaukee-area with her husband, daughter and ugly mutt named Tyson Doodles. For instance, you can make your slow cooker ham with pineapple to give it a tangy sweet-and-sour flavor. The more you baste the more its infused with flavor. If desired, you may flip and baste your ham halfway through cooking time, and again about an hour before it's done. That way you dont have to hack off parts of the ham to make it fit. slow cooker; add remaining cola to slow cooker. Add the pineapple juice to a measuring cup then add the brown sugar and mustard. You can also microwave leftover ham. Place the lid on the slow cooker and then cook the ham for 5 hours on low. So depending on how hot your crockpot runs, a very small ham may reach that point within 2 to 3 hours set on low. Sprinkle top with 1 cup packed light brown sugar. That will not give good results. And that's also why this Crockpot Ham recipe has been so popular with so many people for so many years! After it's rested for about 15 minutes, slice your slow cooker ham and serve it warm. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the ham on a cutting board. Hey Y'all! Garnish with some of the pineapple solution. As a last resort, you may cover the slow cooker with a tightly-sealed, triple layer of heavy duty foil instead. Crock Pot Cabbage and Ham From thesouthernladycooks.com Prepare the Ham - Pour half of the sauce mixture into a 6-quart slow cooker along with the ham placed cut-side down. Spread the brown sugar mixture all over the ham. Just beware of very hot steam escaping when you remove the foil. Store the ham and the pineapple with liquid in separate airtight containers. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the ham on a cutting board. All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. Score the ham and place one whole clove at each intersection. Its incredible and the perfect holiday ham! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This is a beautiful ham and will be delicious! A ham that has thawed in the refrigerator can be kept in there an extra three to five days before cooking. This method is perfect for families who prefer a more casual dinner of shredded hot ham and roll sandwiches. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until internal temperature of 145 degrees has been reached. I like their products, particularly because you can get a small ham if there are just two of you at home to cook for. Quarter, half or whole? This is an easy recipe to double to the approximately 4-pound half ham size. This recipe is listed in these categories. Bake at 275 degrees F at 10 minutes per poundor until meat thermometer reads 135 140 degrees. Fresh Hamis uncured leg of pork and it is uncooked pork roast which must be cooked before serving. Whole family agreed it was the best ham ever. Would I use the same baking time for a pre-cooked sprial ham? Make sure you have a tight seal on your slow cooker and avoid opening the lid unless necessary. Salmonella, a type of bacteria that is sometimes found in pork, can cause infections with symptoms like fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain, per a March 2019 study in Diseases. Slice the ham and serve. Spiral hams are a convenient option for those leery of carving. The number of servings per recipe is stated above. before serving. Ham Salad Simple Ingredients: Ham, coarsely ground. Carefully remove the ham from the slow cooker and transfer it to a large carving board. Kentucky Legend on Facebook; Kentucky Legend on Twitter; Kentucky Legend on Pinterest; Kentucky Legend on Instagram; Kentucky Legend on YouTube Heres what youll need to make this recipe: precooked boneless ham, brown sugar, pineapple juice and yellow mustard. It should take about 4 hours to cook. Leftover Kentucky Legend ham can be an epic ingredient for assembling sandwiches, salads, casseroles, soups and more. A ham that's less than 7 or 8 pounds will probably reach 140 sooner than 4 to 6 hours. Remove the precooked ham from its packaging and place it into a slow cooker. But of course, keep in mind that the specifics of the particular ham you choose are going to dictate its ultimate cooking time. Time will vary by the crock pot and the size/thickness of the ham. Rub over ham. Serve the ham warm, with the sauce on the side or spooned on top. Should also freeze well for 3 months. Use that ham for breakfast later in the week. The Best Brown Sugar Crusted Kentucky Spiral Ham Family Savvy. If youre not ready to let go, you can toast in the oven or bust out your mortar and pestle and grind those bad boys back to life. Preheat the oven for about 10 minutes at 325 F, and place the tray on the middle rack. Place an 8 oz of crushed pineapple in the bottom of the crock pot. In this post I am sharing an easy Slow Cooker Ham & Pineapple Glaze recipe. if i do not have a slow cooker, how would i cook in a standard oven? ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | BASED ON FOODIE PRO THEME. Pour the pineapple juice in bottom of a large (6- to 9-quart), oval slow cooker. Ive made this recipe with both a butt-end ham and a spiral cut ham. 753 calories; protein 42.4g; carbohydrates 47.9g; fat 42.8g; cholesterol 127.2mg; sodium 2941.4mg. I am at work for 7 hours tomorrow and need to leave it in the slow cooker all day while Im gone. Freezing meat is perfectly fine and a great way to extend the life of your purchases, but make sure you remember when you take it out of the freezer. 2018-11-06 Place the ham in your slow cooker and set to cook on low. Combine brown sugar with reserved pineapple juice and brush on ham. 42 Comments. If you can only find a butt-end ham, thats totally okay! This crock pot cabbage and ham is total comfort food and so easy to prepare in the crock pot. Heat until bubbly then reduce the crock pot setting to "warm" until ready to serve. Saved the none for a big pot of a Ham and Beans. How to Cook Smoked Pork Hocks in the Oven or on the Stove, University of Minnesota: Slow Cookers and Food Safety, USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service: Slow Cookers and Food Safety, Epidemiology and Infection: Outbreaks Attributed to Pork in the United States, 1998-2015, FoodSafety.gov: Meat and Poultry Charts. Remove the Kentucky Legend ham from the packaging and place it in a baking dish that's at least 2 inches deep. Weve definitely learned the hard way on this one. My best tip is to get an instant meat thermometer. Dinner doesnt get any easier than this. 6 to . Boneless ham comes in two varieties. Place pre-cooked boneless ham in crock pot. To keep your ham moist, after you've taken it out of the oven, unwrap it and pour two cups of water into the baking tray. Instead, pour a chicken or vegetable broth in the bottom of your slow cooker. Im a bit confused on timings It will be a beautiful centerpiece for your holiday spread! While you may be tempted to blast your ham on high (were just reheating it, after all), warm your ham in a slow cooker low and slow. Hi, Im DrDan, and welcome to 101 Cooking for Two, the home of great everyday recipes with easy-to-follow step-by-step photo instructions. #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }
/* Add your own Mailchimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. Pour the maple syrup over the ham. No thatll still be just fine! You can buy a whole, half, or quarter ham. They are brined and salted like bone-in hams, which makes them hard to get wrong. 1. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Be sure to print your recipe and write your own notes so you dont forget down the road. As long as the ham fits, you are fine. Pack the brown sugar mixture on the ham. Think about it the wrong sized pan can make or break a casserole. To avoid drying out the ham, the objective is to reheat it. The temperature of the slow cooker should be above 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. So today, I've decided it's high time I update my slow cooker ham recipe with some new step-by-step photos, tips, and tricks! The basting will create more of a sticky glaze on the outside of the ham. While reheating leftover ham with your microwave is possible, microwaves also tend to remove a lot of the moisture, drying ham out. Secure slow cooker cover on top. Here you will find a variety of recipes using simple everyday ingredients and creating wonderful, delicious and comforting meals, including some decadent desserts. my best recipes and tips via e-mail! Pour can of cola around ham. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours, basting with the cooking juices every few hours. Check on the ham every once in a while to make sure that it is not drying out. Step Three: Sprinkle the brown sugar over the mustard. Some recipes have an option to display the photos here with a switch above these instructions but the photos DO NOT print. See coupon (s) for terms. Hi! Low and slow cooking methods produce less heat, which means the meat is cooked slowly, resulting in a more . But theres one problem: You only have one oven and limited refrigerator space for make-ahead side dishes. About DrDan, COPYRIGHT 2010-2023 101 COOKING FOR TWO. Using a sharp paring knife, score the top and sides in a diagonal . This does the math for the ingredients for you. instructions: Combine chili sauce, barbeque sauce, brown sugar and dry mustard in a medium-sized crock pot and mix well. Well, not everyone does nor do they have a lot to cook for. Reheating leftover ham doesnt need to be a mystery. Plan about pound of boneless ham per person. Legendary Recipes. Let the ham cook on the low-heat setting. Keep pineapple the same and up the other ingredients by about 50%. Join thousands of others and receive Coat the ham with the glaze mixture. Bring to a boil and make sure the sugar has dissolved. Follow the recipe, as written above, swapping the ginger ale for root beer. The USDA cautions against heating up leftovers in a slow cooker. Cook and stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved completely. It might be wiser to remove that avocado pit with a spoon rather than your newly sharpened knife. You may also want to halve the other recipe ingredients if cooking a ham that's smaller than 4 pounds. The ham is already cooked, so all you are doing is heating it through to a safe temperature and allowing it to absorb the flavors of the glaze. I grew up in South Carolina and love to share my tasty southern cooking, easy to follow recipes, and life experiences with everyone. In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients (feel free to swap for a glaze mentioned in one of these Easter ham recipes). Serve hot, topped with pineapple slices and cherries (if desired). Hi Jo, this looks amazing and would like to try for christmas day. Place ham on top of brown sugar and pour pineapple over the top. Most seasonings last about a year and then begin to lose their punch. Be careful, since youll need to finish preparing the ham immediately after its thawed. Web Legendary Recipes Kentucky Legend's uncompromising, authentic, Southern-slow perfected premium meats are available in a variety of sizes, flavors and precooked and Glazes Recipes. Your email address will not be published. If you desire a thicker sauce, you may make and stir in a bit more cornstarch slurry. As a brand whose name is staked on the patience it takes to double-smoke our meats, we know that time is capable of creating outstanding flavor. You can cut the amount of pineapple in half, but it makes a great topping a the end. Literally millions of happy readers have made it over the years, returning to this post time and time again! Just when you got used to summers relaxed pace, the rise and grind of your kids school routine is back with a vengeance. ), the secret to keeping leftover ham juicy is adding back moisture while warming it to keep it moist. Good refrigerated for 3-4 days. Heres 5 important lessons weve learned to guarantee delicious outcomes. Crock Pot Honey Glazed Ham will enhance a smaller boneless ham with pineapple, honey, and spices to make a great holiday main dish. Believe it or not, yall, every year far too many holiday hosts, some new to the task, and some who should know better by now, make this simple mistake, either from inexperience or just plain forgetfulness, what with all the million other things to do. Arrange the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat your oven to 325 F. Next, place your spiral-sliced ham into a roasting pan. (The Kentucky Legend Ham was already scored so that made this much easier!) Put ham in the slow cooker. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Editors Tip: For a fall-apart tender ham, let it cook longer; 10-12 hours on low. Its a totally foolproof recipe and the slow cooker does nearly all the work for you. Ill be using my pressure cooker how long to cook for a) a 3kg uncooked ham or b) 3kg cooked ham. Mayonnaise. You can also freeze it for3-4 months. Sides, mains, desserts, and more! The ham in these photos was actually uncured, which is why it's a lighter color than deep pink, cured ham. this sounds wonderful but i do not want to over cook it with guest coming.. If you prefer a savory glaze, use mustard, vinegar, honey, minced garlic and crushed peppercorns. Cooler fall temps = time to bust out the slow cooker. If you enjoy hams with a sweet, maple-like glaze, then consider trying root beer as your cooking liquid. While this method of thawing needs more attention, thawing your ham this way is much quicker. Instead of trying to heat up a pre-cooked ham in a Crock-Pot, it is recommended that you reheat the meat on the stove, or in the microwave or convection oven, until the meat reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking Kentucky Legend Ham In Crockpot Recipes . Do I have to baste it every hour? Set the slow cooker to the low setting. If you like the flavor of pineapple, one variation of the recipe is slow cooker ham with pineapple juice. I always reserve the cooking liquid and serve it with the ham. Required fields are marked *. That got me to thinking I needed to add a few dishes for small holiday gatherings so there are options to suit everyone. Thanks so much for stopping by! And, most importantly, I hope you love it as much as we do! Pre-heat your slow cooker on low for 15 to 20 minutes, then place the Black Forest ham in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until a thermometer reads 140, 6-8 hours. This will be my first time cooking a ham ever. Add ham then stir gently until combined. In a small bowl, use a fork to stir the cornstarch into the water until smooth. See them for more similar recipes. This amazing Crockpot Ham is the BEST slow cooker ham recipe! Deb Esling says. Simmer leftover ham on the stovetop with a cup of water or broth for a couple of minutes until heated through. Place the pot on the stove over medium heat and bring the juices to a simmer. Pour the glaze over the ham, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Web KENTUCKY LEGEND HAM RECIPES FOR CROCK POT INGREDIENTS Nutrition 3 -4 lbs precooked ham 1 2 cup water DIRECTIONS Pour 1/2 cup water in crockpot. Skim any fat and strain the juices from the crock pot into a saucepan. Get one of our Kentucky legend barbecue flavored ham recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.