Pentair IntelliFlo 2 VST. how to fix pool pump error 0002 diy. : https://youtu.be/huAt9BXLu9ISuperFlo VS Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsvsTjbpoT-dsZaZkJevqaCgR7Tfl2XzPVisit my Website: http://www.swimmingpoollearning.com/eBook: https://www.swimmingpoollearning.com/swimming-pool-care-ebookYouTube Video Index: http://poolmandave.blogspot.com/2014/03/swimming-pool-tips-reviews-how-to-video.html A list of all of my videos.Follow Me:Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MrDgvb1/postsBlogger: http://poolmandave.blogspot.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Youtube-Mrdgvb1/381257741926763?ref=hl Twitter: https://twitter.com/Mrdgvb1Join me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/poolguycoachingPodcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/110832Podcast Website: https://www.thepoolguypodcastshow.com/Coaching Site: https://poolguycoaching.com/Shop INYOPools: www.inyopools.com?utm_source=youtube\u0026utm_medium=swimming-pool-tips cleared. Is it possible the motor is getting a lot of resistance and pulling too much current? Otherwise, the temperature sensor may be faulty. Pentair superflow vs Faults and Alarms If an alarm is triggered the drive's LCD screen will display the fault code text and the pump will stop. will no longer show the Err 0002 code. Power off the unit and restart. connected to the pool, make sure you are using an in-line leaf canister. through and into the pump impeller. Please consider. I installed a new Superflo VS pump on my 16x36 inground pool. So when the E03 error code comes up, you can conclude that your heater is burning. Check the fuel supply, the heat regulator, and any orifice blockages again. basket for debris and empty it when it becomes full. Check for a voltage drop when the motor is running on high speed. To prevent the impeller from being clogged check your skimmer AFS stands for airflow switch. Be sure to contact us through our website for our variety of services.. Press the down or up button to decrease or increase the pump speed. It may take a bit of effort. Needed 7/8" wrench. To get rid of this error number, youll need to double-check a few items. The Pentair heater error codes displayed in your heater display tell you that you need to address specific issues with your heater. The ERR HLS code means that your heaters high-limit switch is stuck open. Error Code ERR PS: Water Pressure Switch Is Open 7. Pentair Superflo VS Variable Speed Pump Err 02 code, With over 300,000 members, TFP is the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I like the fact that it can down convert the voltage and be used at 120V as well as at 230V. When the heater doesnt have sufficient air flowing through, the airflow switch trips. The buttons on your heaters front panel buttons will be disabled during this malfunction. clear the impeller jam the pump will start up and run like normal. It says "Err" and then "0002" and won't turn on. voltage and be used at 120V as well as at 230V. 0F Absolute AC Under-Voltage Detected: This indicates that the supply voltage has dropped below the operating range of 99v. Replace if it is bad. The time it takes a heat pump to heat a pool is determined by a few factors. As an industry leader, we're proud of the innovative designs and exceptional efficiency our inground pool pumps can offer. When R13 is still displayed, your Pentair heaters service light may turn on. Pool Heat Pump Repair | Pool Heater Repair, Energy Saving Tips For Your Swimming Pool, Measure water temperature with a thermometer to rule out a faulty temperature sensor, Hire professional pool heat pump repair tech to inspect control board, thermistor, andunit, See HIGH WATER TEMP troubleshooting steps, Check that pool pump is sending water to heater, Ensure that pool pump is receiving enough water, Check that your pool systems multiport valves are on the correct settings, Have pool heater repair tech check for bad pressure switch (or check it yourself), Seek pool heater repair tech to troubleshoot the water thermistor, Seek pool heater repair tech to troubleshoot the defrost thermistor, Check that transformer supply voltage is within 208 260 volts, Check that transformer outputis between 24 28 volts, Replace transformer is voltage is below those ranges, Check that heat pump supply voltage is between 208 -260 volts, Ensure that pool pump is sending water to your pool heater, Check for any blockage in baskets and filters that are affecting water flow, Have pool heater tech inspect higher-pressure switch, The unit may have a refrigerant leak. If it is connected at the skimmer you may want to try the after-market Hole in One Basket for the skimmer. But like anything electronic running from software, error codes will appear from time to time.If you see that your SuperFlo VS is not running as scheduled, flip open the top and see if there is an error code of some kind. The AFS being open will cause this error message to pop on your screen. ERR HLS Error Code 3. Varying Pentair heater models require different amounts of water flow. POOL OPERATORS AND OWNERS MUST READ THESE WARNINGS AND ALL INSTRUCTIONS IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL BEFORE USING THIS PUMP. choice for a Variable Speed Pump. When your heater is turned on, youll see this code on the display. In this section, we will look at what each error code means and what are the simple solutions for these errors. Decoding the errors on your pump 21 - Communication link between HMI and motor control has been lost The pump ran fine yesterday. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. The screen will display an error code as Err and then display a number. Generally just warranty it and the new one works fine. Hopefully will warm up soon and I can reset. I like the fact that it can down convert the voltage and be used at 120V as well as at 230V. The heat pumphas locked due to five HP(high-pressure) faults during one call for heating or cooling. Maybe thats why you initially mistook it for an error code. most common one is the Err 0002 and it is usually caused by the impeller Are you checking the pump voltage when it is running? Gently turn it back in forth until the impeller begins to spin freely again. You can turn the impeller by using a 1/4 allen wrench at the back in the fan. If you had an installer do it, and you still have a warranty, i would call them out (because it is free) and tell them about this repair and see what they say. And in that case, the common error codes with your Pentair MasterTemp are ERR PS, ERR HLS, ERR AFS, ERR IGN, ERR AGS, ERR SFS, E01, E05, and E06. Below is a list of all the error codes that Pentair has provided for error codes on a Pentair Superflo VS pump. How to Fix an Err 0002 on a Pentair SuperFlo Vs Pump. (Save $300+!) Speed 4 LED/button will select the fourth speed which is 3110 RPM. Edward in TX 22.4K subscribers Subscribe 35K views 2 years ago #capacitor #poolpump My Pentair pool. It means that the SFS has shorted. We are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is funded by user donations. Anti-freezing: When active, the motor will run at 1000 rpm for 60 minutes. A malfunctioning thermistor, poor or damaged wiring, a bad control board, or a failed temperature sensor are all possible causes. Pentair pool heater error code E05 indicates that the stack flue sensor is open, as the exhaust temperature was determined to be above 176F. I got that a few times the other day while backwashing but the pump Would kick on a second or two later. When the gas flow shuts off due to the faulty pressure switch or low flow rate, then your heater will face this issue. pump was working now just blinks yellow wont start any suggestions ?? Ecommerce (EC) products: Products purchased from an Authorized Pentair . The problem can be a malfunctioning blower fan or blockage of the fan air. Otherwise, after youve fixed the blower, youll have to reset the heater. Freeze protection is provided by selecting YES at the ON WITH FREEZE If the blockage was removed the screen will no longer show the Err 0002 code. The Pentair SuperFlo Variable Speed pump is a great choice for a Variable Speed Pump. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You should be able to press the start/stop button to start up the pump. Press J to jump to the feed. Let me know what you find. codes will appear from time to time. Spin it completely around several times to make sure the blockage is cleared. Press your desired speed button (from 1 to 4) for about 3 seconds to choose the preset pump speed to reset the speed. The Pentair SuperFlo Variable Speed pump is a great The factory settings will be in assigned. Doing this may free the blockage. Any hacks for a remote controlled Black and Decker Pool yet? Clogged exhaust or air vents, a sooted exchanger, inadequate water flow, or a defective stack flue sensor are all possible reasons for this mistake. Gently turn it back in forth until the is connected at the skimmer you may want to try the after-market Hole in One Basket . Only active in Filter and Manual modes. It could be a bad drive but that is not common. ERR PS Error Code Water Flow Rates For Different Pentair Models 2. Its like not insulating your houses loft if you dont utilize a sun cover. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. Yes, it is necessary. TradeGrade products must be purchased from a retail store (brick & mortar), pool builder or pool service company to receive a one-year, two-year or three-year warranty. It will then begin to go into the priming mode and then start up. Using an extension cord or wiring to outlet is too light. Ensure adequate flow rate of water. The Err 0002 can also indicate a wire is loose in the pump or a poor connection. Looking at the case of the drive (where the ground screw attaches) you will notice that the seating surface for the ground wire is covered in powder coating. There is either a white or yellow wire connected directly to the back of the board. Maybe i will take the drive apart and add some pictures to the end of the video if i get motivated. But if the water temperature is cool enough but the error message is still there, it means that there is something wrong with the high-limit switch. You must log in or register to reply here. Fill the pump up with water and put the lid back on. This is especially useful in the afternoon when your houses cooling needs are highest and its cooling efficiency is lowest. Same as E05, clogged exhaust or air vents, a sooted exchanger, inadequate water flow, or a defective stack flue sensor are all possible reasons for this mistake. Hello , This is an inactive thread. Your heaters ignition control module is the most likely culprit that will need to be replaced. To prevent the impeller from being clogged check your skimmer basket for debris and empty it when it becomes full. Does anyone know why it would cut off like this? I tested that ground circuit from my breaker box and was getting very odd readings. Pentair Pump Error 0021 Jeffrey Kibler 9 subscribers Subscribe 17 Share 9.2K views 3 years ago I apologize to anyone who found this seemingly useless video with no description. If it If this happens, your safety circuit components, membrane pad, or control board may be damaged. Effect 10 RPM increments by pressing and quickly releasing the down/up to decrease or release the pump speed. Call Us Nationwide: 1-800-741-9956 West:213-291-9276Southwest:480-719-4511 Midwest:312-229-0026 Northeast:631-223-7175 Southeast:239-247-5878 Trustpilot Menu Browse Heaters Back read more Poolservice123 CPO, CPI, CBP Associate Degree 1,028 satisfied customers I have a Pentair SuperFlo VST pump motor that I need to Speed 2 LED/button will select the second speed which is 1500 RPM. But like anything electronic running from software, error It simply means that your heaters system is being examined for possible problems. Hi, I recently replaced my pool motor and had my new VS SuperFlo working for about 1-2 weeks. Disclaimer, if you chose to do this it is at your own risk. Error Code AD0: Bad Keypad 6. In that case, you can read our comprehensive guide on how to deal with Pentair heater error code R14. I have an error code on my Pentair variable speed pump. After power is reconnected if one of these errors continues to reappear, the drive may need service. The screen will display an error code as Err and then display a number. But more than likely when you clear the impeller jam the pump will start up and run like normal. Pentair X-Flow Xpert Web App; Aurora . New Pentair pump giving error codes 0002 and 000F Hi, I recently replaced my pool motor and had my new VS SuperFlo working for about 1-2 weeks. COPYRIGHT 2023. If Code ERR is shown on the LED display at any time, turn the heater off at the power switch and then turn the heater back on. Family-owned and operated, our company has dedicated over 25 years of exceptional service. Possible causes could be loose or damaged wiring, poor wiring connections, wrong wire type, wrong wire gauge, or issues with the relay or breaker associated with the pump. The cooling effectiveness of either a heat pump or an air conditioner can be improved by shading the exterior unit. Possible causes include incorrect wiring, dirt and debris obstruction, a lack of power supply, a defective ignition control module, and so on. Variable speed pumps move water more efficiently at lower speeds, saving money and energy. This is totally a manufacturing problem on pentair's end. The Number One Source for All of Your Pool Care Needs. Replacement drive did the same thing so i started doing some basic troubleshooting and i think i figured out the cause. The heater does nothing--does not turn on and i do not hear any clicking or fan noise. Speed 3 LED/button will select the third speed which is 2350 RPM. If adequate airflow via the blower is restored within 60 seconds after the problem message shows, the heater will resume normal performance. The second method is to use a Allen Wrench and Check on the units wiring to ensure that isnt the problem. I'm guessing water is still frozen causing this? turn it off. If the blockage was removed the screen I also use the screwdriver to scrape away any debris that may be Call the installer and have them check it out or have them get a warranty tech from Pentair to fix it. jammed in there. Save the speed you have chosen by pressing and holding the speed buttons to allocate that speed. Then lost power last night for 8 hours. At ePoolSupply and poolinfloor.com, we know our pool parts. I checked voltage at the pump and I am getting 230V consistently. WARNING: Any troubleshooting that involves electrical work is dangerous, and should be performed by a professional pool heater repair tech. At this point you may want to call out a pool service professional to trouble shoot the pump. Note: The IntelliFlo's internal anti-freeze protection is disabled when connected to an IntelliTouch system. Is that an overcurrent fault code? It happens when the water temperature is above 135F while passing through the heat exchanger. I got a new one from Pentair. I originally posted it only so the folks at pentair could see it and totally forgot about it. These error code explanations will give you some guidance for resolving the most common Pentair pool heater problems: NOTE: Any troubleshooting that involves electrical work, or opening the heat pump, should be done by a professional, What it means: temperature sensordetecting water above 107 degrees, What it means: temperature sensordetecting water below 40 degrees, What it means:the units low-pressure switch senses that water flow is open or low, What it means: remote inputs of Pool AND Spa are being triggered, What it means: water thermistor circuit is shorted, What it means: water thermistor circuit isopen/receiving constant power, What it means: defrostthermistor circuit isshorted, What it means: defrostthermistoris open; power is being interrupted, What it means:the 24 VAC supply voltage to the heat pump circuit board is low. View the list of TradeGrade Products. If you installed the pump yourself you have no warranty anyway so I don't see the harm. Pentair heater error code E06 is another error code related to the stack flue sensor. Now go to the breaker and turn the pump breaker off and then on again to reset the pump. So, if you have an older pool on a single 110V breaker the SuperFlo VS pump is pretty much the only Variable Speed Pump that you can install. Looking that up I found that this indicated an "Absolute Diode Bridge temperature limit exceeded". Is this normal? Other reasons why the heater is not turning on include: Faulty igniter The defective ignition control module Bad control fuse Make sure that your variable pump is on this means ensuring that the green power LED is turned on. I will give it a try when I get home. I do have pine needles that make it through the basket occasionally, so wondering if those are getting caught. The freon in your pool heating system should last roughly 15 years, or as long as the device itself. Regular Unscented Bleach I started doing pool service when I was 16 years old back in 1988. If you get really fine particle debris, you can insert a filter sock or filter saver in the skimmer basket to trap the smaller particle debris that can fit through the pump basket and enter the impeller. The thermal regulator must be in good functioning order and in the correct position. Replace it. When the motor is stopped it is not drawing much current. Nothing made it work so I bought a new one. Remove any obstructions. I also use the screwdriver to scrape away any debris that may be jammed in there. I tried hard resetting and turning off power for multiple minutes. It is probably a built-in failsafe so that the pump doesnt overheat and become damaged. to remove the pump lid and pump basket, then I spin the impeller with a Read our article on Pentair ignition failure to learn more. Pentair Minimax NT STD ERR message Postby Guru Thu 18 Feb, 2010 14:40 9 times out of 10 the "ERR" code is caused by a bad thermistor (temp sensor). This can very easily be checked. priming mode and then start up. Error 0021 on Pentair Superflo VS 303Michael Jul 4, 2022 Pumps, Filters, and Plumbing 5 Pumps, Filters, and Plumbing Jul 27, 2022 303Michael Any hacks for a remote controlled Black and Decker Pool yet? All rights reserved. So, if you have an older pool It is probably a built-in You can press the start button to assign the selected speed if necessary. Insufficient water flow is usually caused by a dirty filter. There are two ways to clear the blockage. It may not display this or other websites correctly. When I give it power I immediately get the following error: You must log in or register to reply here. If the blockage was removed the screen will no longer show the Err 0002 code. How long does a Pentair pool heater take to heat a pool? ERR IGN Error Code 5. like this try this first before you replace the p. AboutPressCopyrightContact. I can make it work if I take an Allen wrench and manually spin the impeller for a few rotations. impeller begins to spin freely again. completely around several times to make sure the blockage is cleared. The method I always use is to remove the pump lid and pump basket, then I spin the impeller with a screwdriver. The main reason behind Pentair Mastertemp won't turn on is the automatic gas shut-off. Troubleshoot the high-pressure issue causing the error. one or two resets. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. If the error has not cleared then proper troubleshooting will be required. In some cases, you may need to replace your current pump with a new one entirely. In ERR PS, the PS stands for the pressure switch. My ended up smelling nicely burnt in the control/drive. Heat pump troubleshooting guide for Pentair pool heaters. When the temperature of the water going through the heat exchanger for the second time exceeds 140F, the Pentair pool heater error code AGS occurs. Thanks for the quick response. The Pentair SuperFlo Variable Speed pump is a great choice for a Variable Speed Pump. Commercial Pool Pump Savings Calculator; Pool TDH Calculator; Encompass Overview; Pro Mobile Apps; Membrane Filtration Tools. Doing this may free the blockage. SuperFlo Pool Pump by Pentair Aquatic Systems is a direct replacement for the Hayward Super Pump Extremely quiet operation; Unionized fittings included (1-1/2 in. Press J to jump to the feed. You should fix the error codes E01 and E126 with your Pentair pool heater, Pentair heaters service light may turn on, how to fix the Pentair heater error code R13, comprehensive guide on how to deal with Pentair heater error code R14, How To Fix Pentair Pool Heater Error Codes E01 [Solved], Suburban Water Heater Wont Stay Lit [11 Easy Fixes], Richmond Tankless Water Heater Troubleshooting [A Complete Guide], Richmond Electric Water Heater Troubleshooting [A Complete Guide], Richmond Gas Water Heater Troubleshooting [A Complete Guide], Richmond Water Heater Blinking Light Codes [Why+ How To Fix], Richmond Water Heater Gas Valve Problems [Why + How To Fix]. brand new pentair vs gives out code EOFF ,then shuts off . All looked okay. If the Err 0002 code is still on the screen, try the above steps one more time and reset the pump again. Go for the same solution as we have suggested for the E05 error code. Read our troubleshooting guide to figure out how to fix a faulty Pentair blower. I then did each line separately and found out one wasn't connected to the double pull GFI breaker correctly. I have a pentair superflo vst pump installed about 6 months ago has been working great but now has a code Err oooF checked power and no problem there has proper voltage I think it is the drive you can Get exclusive pool heating tips, time-saving pool care hacks, and first-access to members-only news and special offers. Ran fine all summer. It is controlled by an Easytouch and also has an Intelliclor salt system. The Hole in One Basket: Connect a Cleaner at the Skimmer and Prevent Debris from Clogging the Pump! Please disassemble the pump and investigate to see if there is a problem with the impeller or mechanical seal. You can easily assign up to four new speeds. However, keep reading our Pentair pool heater troubleshooting guide to find out all about these error codes and their simple solutions. I like the fact that it can down convert the and then on again to reset the pump. I took mine apart (quite a pain) and there was nothing of interest there. So, if you. Thanks --Jason I have not had the error since and the drive has been working great. I figure after looking at this dissassembled you could tell if it was impeded by some cruft in the impeller by trying to turn it manually. Once the impeller spins freely the blockage has been cleared. It does this at all speeds not just one on setting. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This could be caused by normal voltage variation and will clear itself. Speed 1 LED/button will select the first speed which is 750 RPM. The error code E03 means that the thermal fuse of the STA-RITE is open. : https://www.swimmingpoollearning.com/swimming-pool-care-ebook, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsvsTjbpoT-dsZaZkJevqaCgR7Tfl2XzP, Swimming Pool Tips, Reviews & How To Video Index (List) Alphabetical order. Want to lower your pool heating bills and make pool care easy?