Share a relevant industry article. Are you tired of sending out a generic email thanking the prospect for their understanding? I am leaving my contact information if you want to touch base with us in future. Whatever the reason for their stalling, you can help by reaching out with some extra information that theyll find useful or reassuring. Should I make that happen? This makes it easy for you to speak your mind, share proposals and updates. Example: Your business has more room to grow if you explore X opportunities. Thought you would like to visit. go check. Learn more about us here. ", "Hi, I came across [competitors name] performance increase, using [tool/services]. 100+ cold outreach email templates for every industry. Dont pressure them to respond, but just give them the information that youd like to know how theyre doing. Grammarly can check your spelling and save you from grammar and punctuation mistakes. A sales video should be short and sweet. Just because they began working with a competitors product doesnt necessarily mean theyre in love with it either. With time passed, your old prospect could be looking for a new company. There are, of course, many situations where its necessary to check in on your prospects and customers, such as: So the question isnt whether you should check in on your contacts, its about how you should do it. You stumble into your kitchen, make yourself some coffee, take a few sips, and then head to the computer to open your inbox and catch up on emails. This is another way to rekindle a conversation you began before. It sounds redundant. Sharing your own story can be a very good way to focus on feelings, and the person youre talking to can follow your lead. We saw your comment on X, not only do we have the answer youre looking for, but we have some additional resources youll find useful, as well.. Try another search, and we'll give it our best shot. In a polite or formal email, its often a good idea to let the person know the purpose of the message right away. If you decide to register (or you already have), let me know so we can get together for coffee or lunch. 18. ", "We're excited to share the new and improved website. Some people dont respond well to religious sentiments, however, so its important to keep the specific recipient in mind. Wouldnt it be nice if there was a one-size-fits-all alternative to just checking in? Unfortunately, variations on that phrase (like Im following up on . i just called. Share a relevant industry article. WebThe rule of thumb for just checking in emails is essentially this: If you have a good reason to reach out or new value to provide, reach out. Some people dont respond well to religious sentiments, however, so its important to keep the specific recipient in mind. Free and premium plans, Content management software. Example: I found your article to be so insightful to professionals navigating X, I learned so much more about X from it yesterday.. We'll help you get your affairs in order and make sure nothing is left out. Updates On Product/Services. Dont apologize for doing your job, apologize when it is merited. In fact, buyers today are likely to stick with a company that offers awesome service even if it costs a little more. As a general rule, you want your messages to create a sense of urgency or excitement on part of the recipient. Let's set-up a time and discuss. i just wanted to check. This lets the person know they've been on your mind, Anwar says. Free and premium plans. We're committed to your privacy. Apart from being chronically overused, one of the main problems with just checking in is that its basically a redundant expression. And if you cant think of a single legitimate reason to follow up that would be beneficial to the recipient, dont. Its also important to be upfront about what you want from them. At that time you werent ready to make any decisions [because of X reason, if provided], and you asked for me to come back to you after [Y weeks/months]. Its important to reach out within the timeframe they stated, otherwise your window of opportunity might close prematurely. 7. ". Lastly, this phrase can work really well in follow-up emails like so: To Jackson,How is the project coming along? Give them clear-cut options so its easy for them to answer. Last month we had a meeting about [project name], and you offered to collect some research for our next strategy session. This alternative works well when we want to set up a meeting to discuss matters. Just Checking in," which you typically consider "junk" unless something else catches your attention. Grammarly helps you communicate confidently. An email or call following up on any of these situations should presumably be focused on that missed commitment it's not just a generic check-in. Whats going on with is a simple way to ask someone to follow up on a project. So why is it so hard to get a timely response? 7 alternatives to just checking in (with examples) 1. Id be happy to talk you through them and answer any questions you have on a call. Remember to be subtle though. Reaching out to check-in is often enough to lift someones spirits after theyve experienced a loss or tragedy. Its best to do so in an email, and its a good idea to word your note more formally. Pass along a link to relevant press coverage of one of your highest-profile customers. Do you have a few minutes Tuesday at 2:30 Eastern to chat about it? This link will open in a new window. If you are still keen on it, I have great information. Have you figured out the best course of action?Yours,Damien, Dear Ms. Catford,I just wanted to follow up with you regarding the business at hand. Sometimes you need to know where a project or task stands. They may not be up for an in-depth heart-to-heart right now, but scheduling a future check-in could give them time to deal with whats going on. Recommend an event. When someone is going through a hard time, it affects every corner of their life. Heres a quick comparison of using an email-focused approach vs more flexible methods of communication: For example, some clients may welcome the occasional phone call as a much-needed break from the monotony of responding to emails all day. Samuelsonif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'grammarhow_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_3',116,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); Youve seen the best ways to say I just wanted to follow up. So, its time to look at how to write a follow-up email with the phrase. of an actual attorney. If you make a future wellbeing check-in date, keep it faithfully and maybe offer to bring snacks. I am sure you wouldn't want to see a "just checking in" email in your inbox. December 22, 2021, It takes almost no thought or time to write a "just checking in" email. Example: Congratulations on your latest funding round! I read a great article this morning about the power of using quizzes to ease visitors into your sales funnel, and I thought youd appreciate a link. ", "Hi, Here is an interesting guide on How to [topic]. Here are the key things to consider when determining how long your videos should be. I feel like we havent communicated for a while.Kind regards,Evangeline Button, Hello Bruce,Whats going on with the status report? It just briefly lets them know that theyre in your thoughts, which can go a long way in lifting their spirits. 5. If someone you know has just experienced the death of a loved one, you can check in on them and say . go check. Your messages should provide value to your prospects. Could you give me a quick status update by end-of-day? Tip: If you're "just checking in" on a family member or friend because they recently lost someone, our post-loss checklist might be worth sharing. Other times theyre waiting for the go-ahead from another project partner. Its a pretty exciting projectI hope we can nail it! Example: I recently had a chance to speak with [mutual contact] and they shared some positive observations on X prospect over the past quarter.. I have an awesome lasagna.. If you feel like your friend or family member might be in some emotional distress, and the two of you are fairly close, you can let them know youre concerned with this type of message. Use the tips and examples covered in this post to help sharpen up your business communication. We spoke about [topic] back in [month]. Describe a potential opportunity. I need to find out where the morale problems lie.Kind regards,Mr. While Guilt-tripping your prospects into responding to you is said to be the worst approach ever, it has its own benefits if done subtly and gets you responses. Just Checking In Alternatives Send actionable advice. When an email just wont cut it Keeping in touch with your contacts doesnt have to be an email-only affair, of 3. Grab this free report. This is always a wonderful way to check in, Anwar says. Be sure to remind them of your initial conversation and present some options for next steps. I notice you have not kept me updated over the last week.I hope all is well,Mr. If you know someone whos struggling through feelings of grief, you can help by reaching out with just a few words. I just wanted to follow up allows you to send a follow-up email politely. Just hearing or reading those words could be enough for the recipient to start feeling a little bit better, if only for a moment. Example: Hi! Dont leave them guessing and dont shift the responsibility onto them to propose the next steps. .) all spark the same visceral response. But what does it really mean? Example: In recent case studies we've found that businesses in X tend to have difficulty executing Y, have you experienced a similar roadblock?. email. Respond on social media. . Remember: You have to actually write the post, of course. Nothing induces a world-weary sigh from working professionals like a just checking in email. Respond on social media. Now, put yourself back in the shoes of a Salesperson. Are you still looking for solutions to convert [company] website visitors to subscribers? How to quit: Changing but to and helps you look for two positive outcomes, rather than looking for reasons you cant reach a goal or complete a task. Id love to hear how things are going with the Great Big Infographic design brief. Although this is a perfectly good reason to check in via email, there are ways to avoid the just checking in language we all dread. Donkey, Do you have any updates on is one of the more popular choices on our list with alternatives to I just wanted to follow up.. Even if the message is brief, a congratulatory email to a prospect is enough to remind them of your company. 1 Ask Drop the checking in wind-up and ask for an update politely and directly. i am calling. Drop the checking in wind-up and ask for an update politely and directly. You have been successfully subscribed to the Grammarly blog. If you dont, think of one. Are you free for a call this week to move things forward?. You must be busy and no longer interested in our products/services. This is a gentler way of initiating a check-in, Anwar says, because it contains some nuance. But one email stands out among all the other ones in your inbox because it felt personal. And if you can't think of a single legitimate reason to follow up that would be beneficial to your prospect, don't. So, I wanted to follow up is a good choice in a business setting. Let me know if you want me to arrange for the passes. A former champion could now influence a purchase decision. We are not attorneys and are not providing you with legal Although this is a perfectly good reason to check in via email, there are ways to avoid the just checking in language we all dread. Your messages should be precise, concise, and conscious of the readers needs and circumstances. Ultimately, you have to be thoughtful and creative about how you reach out if you want to maximize your responses. I know that [relevant topic] was something you wanted to learn more about on last weeks call. Your friend might have lost someone close to them, or they might be stuck at home sick. Moreover, its especially effective if weve been out of the loop for a while. We prefer a more straightforward approach. Maybe they missed your last email. Romero, Dear Melissa,Im just checking in to see if I can help. In a polite or formal email, its often a good idea to let the person know the purpose of the message right away. ", "Hi, Here is how to add video to your email. If you suspect your contact has just forgotten about a project, offer some context in your message to jog their memory. Send along an article that reminded you of them. 1. Keeping in touch with your contacts doesnt have to be an email-only affair, of course. I scheduled a meeting invite and haven't received any response from you. 9. Example: I havent heard back from you, so Im going to assume youve gone in a different direction or your priorities have changed. If you cant think of something even remotely useful to say, why should you expect the reader to care? Would you like a demo? 2. How are things coming is a good way to ask how something is getting completed. ", "Hi, I found this [book/podcast] interesting. Example: Hello, due to the new legislation starting on (date) we have a resource available to further explain the impact it will have on X industry.. Speak soon! checking to see. If its been a while since youve seen your friend or family member, you can let them know you miss talking to them and just wanted to say hello. Of course, you could be turned down for the support. I wanted to make sure things were still in progress. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Have a look. Is there anything I can help you with?Yours,Richelle, You may also like:Followup, or Follow Up, or Follow-up? Asking for a status update is a good way to make sure things stay on track. Just checking in to see if youve completed that report I asked for. Just checking in to make sure youre coming to the meeting. Just checking in did you get this, and are you able to meet with me? When we say just checking in, were trying to soften the real message: Dont ignore me. Updates On Product/Services. Would you oblige our request? ", "Hi, I remember you showing interest on [topic] in our last meeting. Usage of any form or other service on our website is Email them a longer how-to guide. ", "Hi, We are hosting an event on [topic] and would like to invite you to be the key-note speaker. ", "Hi, I saw a small glitch on your website when going through it the other day and wanted to bring it to your notice. i am calling. Ill be happy to help you if youve managed to come across any issues.Thank you,Simone Woodbridgeif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'grammarhow_com-leader-4','ezslot_17',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-leader-4-0'); Dear Mr. Dean,How are things coming? I wondered if [software] is still on your radar. I could set you up with a free trial account. Do you have a few minutes Tuesday at 2:30 Eastern to chat about it?