While we dont typically use our stroller while we are on the ship, we have found it helpful to have anumbrella stroller on the days we are in port. Ahead of spring break, Carnival Cruise Line issued a letter to guests remind them the importance of abiding by its policiesand consequences of not doing so. Candy and potato chips are fine to bring. 42 inches/106cm in length). Since these things are a potential fire hazard, theyre prohibited to be brought on a cruise ship. Cruise passengers are always advised to check the information for your specific sailing and booking. While men can wear a suit or tuxedo, it is not a requirement on most cruise lines. Next up is a compilation of everything I wore to dinner. While many cruise lines offer complimentary shampoo and conditioner in stateroom bathrooms, they arent likelytobe the products you use at home. Daniella Genovese 5 hrs ago. } Thanks for your list! In October, the operator updated its cruise ticket contract to warn that disruptive passengers could be fined $500, forced to reimburse expenses, made to disembark early and banned from future cruises. guidelines, as we CHOOSE FUN TOGETHER.. This means that you can bring 12 cans on Red Bull with you in your carry-on luggage when you board the ship. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items. After reading about all the things you cant bring on a cruise, you might be wondering about what you can bring on a cruise (and not get in trouble). Theres also a chance that they dont even notice the drinks or care. As well, I shared a few items that you can bring on a cruise, that people wonder about. When you take a cruise, its customary to tip curbside porters $1 per bag for helping with your luggage. Any water you bring on must be in carry-on luggage, not checked. Cruise lines dont permit passengers to bring hard alcohol or beer onboard the cruise ship. But in all cases, any bottle of beer, wine, or spirits intended to be brought onboard should be unopened and sealed. Royal Caribbean used to be strict and straightforward about bringing beverages on the ship. No perishable food can be taken onboard a cruise ship, nor can you bring fish or meat. Since cruise ship staterooms often dont have enough electric and USB outlets, many cruisers bring a non-surge protected power bar instead. To review the full Carnival dress code, go here. *Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional per person. And Im happy to report that each hairdryer Ive used onboard has been heavy duty and just as great as mine at home. *Taxes, fees and port expenses are included. Large speakers/radios are always prohibited on board and will be confiscated. Flowers/plants cannot be taken off the ship at any port, Musical instruments: Are allowed, however, if a noise complaint is received, the instrument will be confiscated and returned to the guest on debarkation morning, Google-type glasses are permitted on board in public areas, but cannot be worn at any gangway operation, Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play Units cannot be used with the TV in the guest stateroom or suite as the connection ports are disabled, Due to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention, any food items brought on board must be pre-packaged and unopened. What are your best tips and tricks? Thank you! The knifes actual dimension is 1 1/2 inches long by 1/4 wide, with a small scissors, 1 1/2 inches long. Celebrating Holidays. Bathing Suits and Cover Ups Carnival Cruise Line Prohibited Items, Exemptions and Other Considerations. function isShipDetailsPage() { Unfortunately, that means youll have to leave your soda at home. Because luggage tags are made of paper, theres a risk that can come off, particularly if youre flying to the cruise port or if it is raining. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.) Cruising is different than a land vacation and even airplanes. Instead, I bring along a small notebook to jot down notes during the week. Since I didnt travel by plane, I was liberal with how many pairs of heels I packed (5), but if youre flying, I would narrow down your dinner outfit shoes to 1-3 pairs to save space. And thats a really smart move to bring your own and save some money. March 23, 2011. 5. Liquor and Beverage Policy. if (isShipDetailsPage() && isIE()) { https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy. Children less than 2 years of age are not required to extend gratuities. Im sure theyll provide you with a solution. Carnival Cruise Line has a message for spring breakers planning to set sail: If you think you can get away with the type of bad behavior that goes viral on social media, think again. The offer a canned beverage package with Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives. Theres no reason why you cant use this to remove creases from your clothing. In this case, the cruise lines says that: A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests hand luggage (not in checked luggage). function arrangePromos(){ Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.. This is what you will wear to travel to and from the ship (outfits #1 and #5 above), outfits you can wear to brunch in the nice dining room (outfits #2 and #4 above), and in general outfits you can throw on and wear around the ship. If you bring more bags than this, you may struggle to store them under the bed. Do check your cruise line website for their rules and policies on prohibited items. All explosives, including imitation explosives and devices, Knives, scissors and open razors (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Any size is fine and you can use it to drink whatever you like. Youre on a cruise ship where most food is included, plus room service! Bring a Portable Back Up Battery Charger. In some cases you are able to bring items that you might use in a cruise port onto a ship and leave them in your cabin. So, what are your tips fornot overpacking? Given that most people sail with two people to a room, that means you can bring 24 bottles of anything you want. You can access these here: www.carnival.com/BookedGuest. Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. Its much easier to prevent a sunburn than it is to deal with one. Enjoy your cruise! I wore 5 swimsuits and 4 cover-ups (pictured) due to inclement weather on the last day, and I opted to wear gym clothes as a cover-up in outfit #2. Bring a tote bag or back pack from home so that you arent stuck juggling towels, sunscreen and your book! Drug-sniffing dogs and $500 fines: Carnival tries to tame cruises. Remember to apply sunscreen liberally and often especially if you are cruising somewheresun-soakedlikethe Caribbean, where the heat and humidity cause you to sweat more often that you would elsewhere. Anything else will be confiscated. Norwegian used to have a policy that allowed you to bring drinks aboard with you when you boarded the ship. (And to be honest, sometimes people break those rules. return [parseInt(v[1], 10), parseInt(v[2], 10), parseInt(v[3] || 0, 10)]; Linda This article is the policy for non-alcoholic drinks (soda, water, etc.). Can I bring a 40oz insulated. If you need to steam you clothes, you can iron them in the laundry room or send them for speciality cleaning. This post was created for Away We Go with Carnival, the destination for getting in the getaway state of mind. Different cruise lines have different sized luggage tags and Carnival luggage tags are generally wider than Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises. Carnival Cruise Line Prohibited Items, Exemptions and Other Considerations. Coolers: Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12 x 12 x 12 for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Related post:63 Things Not to Do on a Cruise Ship, Read next: 10 Things NOT to Pack for a Cruise Vacation. You may carry your own luggage on a Carnival cruise if you wish, but it makes much more sense to let the porters deliver it to your stateroom for you. Corkage Fee A $15 USD corkage fee, per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, specialty restaurant or bar. Both the knife and the scissors fold into the total knife. Thanks for the heads up. You will be sailing with us during Spring Break, which is traditionally a period of high occupancy, a Feb. 28 letter to passengers said. Also read the reviews from other cruisers. All items must be stored in the guests stateroom. What to Pack. Flowers and Plants: Only permitted on board if ordered through Carnivals Fun Shops or delivered by a florist in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in Australia or Ports of call. For cruises 5 days Cruise Cancellation and Itinerary Change Policy, VIFP Club - Carnival's Recognition Program. They are the best. It was never allowed. And you wont even miss those items you chose to leave at home. $(document).ready(function() { To capture all those amazing cruise memories. Cruise fares are per person which includes children and infants. If it is necessary to cancel any or multiple ports, we will do our best to find alternative destinations. ), Knives, scissors and open razors. If Your Alcohol Is Confiscated on Your Cruise, You Actually Lose Money. Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), communication scanners, wideband receivers, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers. When packing for our first cruise, I was so unsure about whether to bring my own towels. If you forget to pack a wine opener, you can also request one from your room steward. You can also use the ships laundry and pressing service at an additional fee. Welcome to the Cocaine Bear superstore. These are the essentials that go into my suitcase whenever I begin to prepare for a cruise vacation. Thanks for the info! Source: https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html, Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. For most cruises, youll want to bring at least one formal outfit for formal night. For women, this can mean anything from a nice dress to a ball gown. 3. Youth Programs (Under 2 & 2-11 years old). Shoes with wheels, hoverboards and skateboards could all be dangerous on a cruise ship and are not allowed. Surprising to many, you cant take baby monitors on most cruise lines. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items, Seashells may be brought on board if they appear to be clean and sanitized and do not have the odor of a living organism. Since the cheapest bottle of wine I could find on the ship is $54 ( on their website) plus 20% tip on each bottle purchased, bringing some of your own wine allows you to have a drink on your balcony without paying an arm and a leg. I need to know if I can bring a 12 pack of diet Dr pepper in the can on carnival cruise ship and what about whip cream in my luggage or vinegar in a plastic bottle? Were leaving on our first cruise (Royal Quantum of the Seas Alaska) in a couple weeks and Im so excited. Automatic guarantee of nice weather if you bother to carry it. On a Carnival cruise, theres no limit to the amount of luggage that you can bring, but each bag must weigh less than 50 pounds and it must be small enough to fit through the x-ray machine and to be stored under the bed in your stateroom. Do you have any additionalsuggestions? In this post we went over the items that are not allowed to be brought onto a cruise ship. If you bring a non-alcoholic beverage thats not allowed, at worst, the security staff may confiscate it. I went pretty casual in linen pants and a jumpsuit two of the nights, while the other nights I went for dressier outfits I would normally wear on a date or a night out. Soon to cruise with Celebrity and looking at this policy. Infants must be at least 6 months of age at the time of embarkation in order to sail. Take it off the ship, or with you to the gym. VIFP Club - Carnival's Recognition Program. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.. Carnival Cruise Line prohibits weapons, illegal drugs and certain items that could interfere with the safe operation of its ships or compromise the safety and secure environment of its guests and crew. On Carnival ships, smoking is only allowed in designated areas, and lighting up anywhere else will result in a $500 fine; so will throwing anything overboard. Solid food items (such as nuts, cheese, and other nuts) may also be carried in checked or carry-on bags. You can bring a travel size detergent, wash a swimsuit in your sink, and hang it up on the drying rack located conveniently in your bathroom! Any illegal narcotics/drugs, including synthetic, designer drugs, and medical marijuana. function iOSversion() { 2023 Carnival Cruise Line. if (/iP(hone|od|ad)/.test(platform)) {