What we wanted to do coming into season 4 was to create more stakes for her. There had to be another way. Follow her on Twitter. In some ways, Boaz only tolerated Teresa as the boss when he had to and made his move to oust her as soon as he was able. Boaz has none of those qualities. Watching Emilia spring from her vehicle and run from the police was like watching an accident you cannot stop. It's been a real joy to hate him! While with Epifanio, he wanted him to kill Camila. But Pote had to do the time and surviveand hope that Kelly Anne had somehow survived as well. Javier Jimenez (Alfonso Herrera) ended up being at odds with Teresa and keeping secrets from her. Seeing Kelly Anne alive and her elation over Pote's return was everything I could have hoped for from this finale, but it only got better. Hopefully, by the end of the series finale, fans will have all their questions answered. If he and his partner never crossed their boss, Teresa would never have been on the run, Brenda would be alive and ultimately, Tony would still be breathing as well. If were not there by 3 am you need Its a gift and a reminder. The worst thing he's ever done was play both sides. | While the game is often high stakes, it's not always the killing and dealing that can make actions wrong. Yeah. I'm not sure. RELATED:Queen of the South: 10 Worst Episodes (According To IMDb). Pote: I took his father away from him. Queen of the South was a creative, intriguing, heart-pounding ride that, oddly enough for a show about the violent world of drug cartels, left fans . Despite an FBI informant threatening Teresa's empire, Boaz willing to turn on her for his cousin, El Gordo sending his hit squad, and possible trouble with Oksana, there were still some bright spots in this installment. However, I doubt Boaz takes any responsibility for his role in keeping that information from Teresa. I, as an actor, was in agreement that he had to die.". This was also during the time where Teresa wasn't sure if she could trust James, thinking he could have been the rat informing the CIA of her whereabouts. That said, he'll fight for his life but he'll also sacrifice himself to save the people he cares about. Queen of the South Season 4 Episode 8 Quotes. RELATED: Snowfall: Top 10 Characters, Ranked. "Something similarly happens with the judge that will be a catalyst for its own domino effect.". This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. The reality is, when you peel back the layer on Javier, what he did he did for love. camila and james. In doing so, Teresa had no choice but to order her death. Watching Pote stab him for George and Kelly Anne and the final kill stroke for Teresa as he glared directly into Boaz's eyes was a highly rewarding moment that I've watched more than once. Were going to be at the Sunset Motel just off the I-10. By killing him, it caused a war in which Tony was murdered and eventually caused Javier and his fiance their lives. But that didn't make it any easier for fans to say goodbye to King George. What are his hopes? Queen of the South season 4 location: Where is the series filmed? Sadly, Javier met a tragic end in season four after he set himself on fire as well as the Judges henchman Randall Green (Cory Hart). Emilia, the love of his life, was murdered. Speaking about his characters death, Queen of the South actor Herrera told Entertainment Weekly: I always knew that my time on the show would be for one season. Fans have been hoping to see James (Peter Gadiot) return all season, and they finally get their wish in the show's biggest cliffhanger to date. All Chicho could do was watch from the crowd. Queen of the South cast: Who plays El Gordo in Queen of the South? As confirmed by the Metropolitan Police this evening, Thursday, March 2, Constance Marten and her lover Mark Gordon have officially been charged with gross negligence manslaughter. Guero and his father got greedy and stole from their employer. Maybe an ending as happy as this is unrealistic, and, given this is a narco show, I'm surprised this is how the series was wrapped up. Others, such as Boaz and Cortez, are steady plotting. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Has he finally met his match? And, these the worst things these 10 main characters have done. Talking about Javier's ending, co-showrunner Ben Lobato told EW: We wrestled so much this season with knowing that. Related:Queen Of The South: 10 Fan Favorite Characters, Ranked. She decided against it and forced her to become a drug mule. Pote: I talked to Georges people in Belize. There was a moment while shooting episode 11 that I thought to myself, 'Javier has committed so many errors. While many fans wonder if another character will die in the new season, others are trying to remember how exactly he died. No offense meant to police officers, but I've been in that position and been specifically told that changing tires is not what they do. Inside the Book-Inspired Drama Series. ", Adds executive producer Dailyn Rodriguez, "Working for Finch has broken James a bit. The Queen of the South Season 5 trailer revealed that Teresa Mendoza (played by Alice Braga) has nothing to lose after the calculated murder of her godson Tony. "But we really wanted to find a way to redeem him. While he did it out of love for Teresa, Guero often acted off of impulse and didn't use enough free time to sit and think. Promoted her to a small partnership but still keep Teresa at arm's length while using her as a pawn in her fight with Epifanio. I think next season is going to be fascinating to uncover the reasons he was away.". What these main characters have gone through is enough for even viewers to question their morals. "This happened to Teresa already in season 4 when they killed [her godson] Tony to hurt her. You dont get to go around making crazy decisions without even considering the people who love you.Pote: You love me? "He proved in season 3 when he sacrificed himself going back to Devon Finch [Jamie Hector]. C. Orlando is a TV Fanatic Staff Writer. Ren was the nephew of Teresas nemesis Judge Cecil Lafayette (David Andrews), whom he regarded as a son particularly with his own child now a husk of a person after coming out of hospital. Devon Finch 14 episodes, 2017-2021 Adolfo Alvarez . Theres a new king in town. From Austin Butler and Cate Blanchett to a potential Best Supporting Actress toss-up, see who EW thinks will win at the 2023 Oscars. For Cortez, it was about survival and power. His demise came after. For me, since I spent so much time on that set and in that world, it felt just like jumping back on a bikevery natural. Pote: I know, he wanted to be buried at seaTeresa: Yeah. It puts you in a very dangerous situation because it can be used against you, to hurt you. But what happened to James and Kelly Anne? That's what I was hoping to see, and that's whatQueen of the South Season 5 Episode 10gave me in the end. She calculated every move. Dos Futuros. Did he make mistakes along the way? And if hes going to hell, he will just have to take Randall with him.. And because Javier is who he is, we want him to die a heroic death. Pote said she looked different, probably because she was smiling. While his decision did force Teresa to grow up and a become a boss, it was done under dire circumstances. But James fell for the family (sort of) and when he had the chance, he made his move. James was there, as was Teresa, very much alive. Things weren't completely planned out this way, it was something that happened through the season. And just as James returns, Javier's time on the show comes to an end in a blaze of glory. As the lights go out one final time on Queen of the South's fourth season, the only thing fans can be sure of is that things will never be the same. She's not like El Chapo where she's killing people just to kill them. Queen of the South is available to watch on USA Network. Queen of the South Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. DON'T MISSQueen of the South: Will King George return in season 5? If she had kept calm she might have walked away. Cheoljong was sent on an impossible mission to stifle the mutiny of the Donghak Bandits. Can he get near the guy, kill him, and then somehow still be released? In an interview with EW, the actress shared, In this world, love weakens you.. James didn't deserve that. Copyright 2023 Distractify. While Rene deserved a good butt-kicking, Javier went too far. Now it's your turn, Queen of the South fans! The Season 4 finale sees Judge Lafayette (David Andrews) calls Teresa to tell her that he has kidnapped Oksana Volkova (Vera Cherny). 28 Likes, TikTok video from Queenofthesouth (@queenofthesouth_edits): "Javier#javierjimenez #cartel #mexicancartel #fyp #viralvideo #queenofthesouth #primo". This is now arching for her towards the one thing that we've all been waiting for, which is for her to become queen.". Ishmael: What happened to the no collateral damage?Pote: Ask the mailmans widow. Season 4's finale left viewers on a puzzling cliffhanger, to be answered in Season 5. No. The actor who plays the character of Javier Jimnez, Javier Alfonso Herrera, has given several virtual interviews, where he comments on the reason for his sad departure from the series. Although Pote and Ishmael may share the same job title, Pote can't abide killing unnecessarily and Ishmael murdering the mail carrier without a moment's thought got under his skin. I was discreet. Zihuatanejo. Pam Grier reflects on her most iconic roles, from. While at her mansion in Belize, James shoots Teresa in her stomach and she falls to the ground. Now theyre both engulfed in flames, and Javier pulls Randall into the trunk where they both burn to death. Queen of the South airs on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. EST on USA. "Even though we are furious at him, we love this guy so much and we hope she doesnt hand him over. While he isn't sure about what his character has been up to while he's been away, he's extremely excited for fans to see James' big return. "This is the season the . Here are my final thoughts: I will definitely put Queen of the South in my top 5 favorite shows and will continue to recommend it to anyone to binge. Kelly Anne reminded Pote that no one in this life is innocent and that they deserve love if they're lucky enough to find it. She listened more than she spoke. If were not there by 3 am you need to disappear. He had vengeance on his mind after finding his beloved Emilia's (Sofia Lama) dead body. Well, so am I. Them and everyone they love. Queen of the South: Javier Jimenez make many mistakes, Queen of the South: Javier died for his love for Emilia. Why do they exist? Kelly Anne: Yes, you do. Required fields are marked *. That was when I knew Teresa Mendoza was dead. FILE - Britain's King Charles III and Camilla, Queen Consort, walkabout to meet members of the public following a ceremony at Micklegate Bar, in York, England, Wednesday Nov. 9, 2022. Leave this shit behind. Youre no better than the people you say youre protecting me from. Entertainment Weekly is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. About Us | Copyright Inquiry | Privacy Policy | Contact Us, 19 Characters Whose Chemistry Could Set Off Fireworks, Queen of the South's Pote Creates a Cheignet. More info. Related:MBTI of Queen of the South Characters. ", Another said: "I thought it was possible at the beginning, but once Javier killed the Judge's nephew in the bar there was really no going back.". But I was always looking to explore what was his psychological journey. When the show returns, fans will discover what James has been doing to pay off his debt to Finch and why now he's risking his life again to warn Teresa of an impending threat.". Devon: Sleeping in Teresas bed isnt the same as filling her shoes.Boaz: Teresas shoes led her to the grave. He had him protected in prison and told Boaz to stand down. What fans want to know the most is whether or not popular characters from previous seasons could pop-in for a final goodbye. No matter how he tried to deny it, he still loved her and that blinded him in certain situations. Killing Camila could have given him everything he's ever wanted. In an exclusive first look of the season 5 premiere above, James has survived his injuries and he's safe with Teresa and her crew. Previously, Alice Braga opened up about her characters relationship with James, which has been complicated, to say the least. Pote: Im also a murderer.Kelly Anne: Yeah. Queen of the South: Will King George return in season 5? She felt wronged and sighed: she has applied for arbitration and mediation | International | CTWANT, Emirates News Agency Investopia 2023 discusses the huge potential of blockchain technology in financing activities, what happened to the son-criminal of the Soviet Sherlock Holmes, Vanessa Bryant reaches $28.85 million settlement with Los Angeles County, Daily 300 doctors carefully select 10 healthy foods to prevent cancer and reduce the risk of sudden death. Her old life didn't allow for much of that. Devon: Its clear you have no intentions of running the business like Teresa but at least try to be discreet. Queen of the South: Javier became one of Teresa's trusted few. If Birdie had gone, then she would still be alive and George, much like Pote could have the great woman by his side. You need to run, leave everything. Season 5 will show a harsher Teresa and her struggles with James's return and coping with the loss of her godson," Alice continued. ", Also, he says, "I think it's a great opportunity going into his return to discover and explore where he was and why he was doing what he was doing. un pacto con un diablo. Queen of the South season 5 delayed: Will the new series be delayed? Kelly Anne: No, thats not okay with me. They start having the tough conversations because, going with the theme that love won't survive in this world, they have to confront the fact that they're becoming a family.". Entertainment Weekly may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Do not look back. We decided to get him back in and set him up for season 5 and let's go. He kidnapped Camila and Isabela and killed Kique just to prove how ruthless he was. She's not a sociopath. Teresa did her best to explain that to him, even pointing out that at one time it was Pote's job to kill her too, but now he'd lay down his life to save her. Entertainment Weekly is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Hit that big, blue, SHOW COMMENTS button down below to share what you loved and hated about this series finale. What did you do?Pote: Nothing, I just lay here waiting for him to pull the trigger but he couldnt, not yet, at least. Teresa trusts Pote with her life and Tony's but it may take Tony some time to accept that if he ever does. Queen of the South: Alice Braga says fans will love new role. Dos Futuros. Queen of the South: Javier was in love with a woman called Emilia who was killed by Randall. Pote knows the odds of him living a long life, and dying in his sleep are minuscule. When I saw Pote walking on that beach, I couldn't help but smile, and that smile grew until the credits rolled. The Judge finally got what he wanted which was to kill the person responsible for his nephew's death. says the actress. The series premiered on June 23, 2016, [4] and concluded on June 9, 2021, with 62 episodes aired on USA Network. If either of his plans were to happen, he would have stepped right into that person's position.